SASS Wire Forum

So what's become of Aunt Jen...?

Some of you seem to forget. About 3 to 4 years ago, she go into a major disagreement with our local "Sooner Medico", and disappeared - at her own choosing.

Sadly during this time, her husbands health significantly deteriorated, and her time was spent attending him.

I have enjoyed her perspective on certain things, whether I agree with it or not.

Just wish she would be as tolerant of others viewpoints, as she expects others to tolerate her views.

Hope the 'powers that be' have not decided to stifle Aunt Jen.

Tull

I have no idea what "Sooner Medico" means.

Okie Sawbones

Was she ever an active match participant?

What does that have to do with anything?

Only raw. That nasty, slimy, cooked stuff in the can? Yuch.

Canned spinach should be outlawed!

Why Bob, I thought you would know. If you don't actually SHOOT, that's almost as bad as having a SASS-number higher than 50,000, or having less than 1000 posts.

We turn up our noses at that type of people.

smiliescaryeyes_zps1bc2f67a.gif

smiliesnicker_zpsd3f8a63d.gif

I miss Okie Sawbones,,, always enjoyed his insight and knowledge!!!!

He's on the facebook thing now from his cool new spread down in Texas.

Was she ever an active match participant?

My understanding is yes, for what it is worth.

Indeed.

He's on the facebook thing now from his cool new spread down in Texas.

He's drying out from all of the rain that's hit the cool new spread.

I miss Okie too! An' Studdly as well!! I do get to hear from them now and then on the alternative communication sources. ;)

I wouldn't say that to a Texan (you can't tell a Texan anything, anyway). But OKIE Sawbones. He's from Oklahoma. He can't be living in Texas - he must be in lower Oklahoma. It just seems reasonable.

What does that have to do with anything?

The people who had shot with her would be the ones most apt to know of any special circumstances she was encountering.

Seems obvious to me.

Guess I shoulda said, "anyone shoot with her?"

She did shoot at WR, also bought a LR rifle. I talked to her at WR about shooting LR. However I had stopped reading her posts as I did not feel my responses would be appropriate for this forum. kR

There are responses not appropriate to this forum? I applaud your restraint! Wish I had some.

Ditto - catch his humor and perspective on FB though :lol: ....no political correctness there and all sorts of views can be shared rather openly :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ditto - catch his humor and perspective on FB though :lol: ....no political correctness there and all sorts of views can be shared rather openly :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Do you have a link to his page

Ventura Slim....You forgot to Capitalize the word Saloon (ACS) always capitalize Saloon. Now you're schooled.

Just sayin'

Jake

You know we're a snarly bunch, just telling' us to capitalize "saloon" makes us not want to ever capitalize it!

saloon! Just sayin' :P:P

Rye

He said, "a saloon". That's a noun. Does not need a capital.

The Saloon, on t'other hand, is a name. Requires a capital.

If I'm in Dodge, and go into the saloon to see if Miss Kitty is amenable, that's fine (long as Mr. Dillon don't find out).

But if I'm in Toostone, and go to the Saloon, to see if someone wants to play a hand or twa, a capital is required. ACS.

See the difference.

Some of us don't wanna be told what to do!! We're mavericks!! :P:lol: We had enough correcting of our errors 50-60 years ago.

I think I'm going to THE saloon fer a drink! :P

Some of us HAD to PUT UP with folks fer many years, yes mamm, yes sir. SO I'LL BE AT THE SALOON FER A SASPER!

Don't havta put up with folks anymore :P

Just a sayin'

Smoken D :);)

She did shoot at WR, also bought a LR rifle. I talked to her at WR about shooting LR. However I had stopped reading her posts as I did not feel my responses would be appropriate for this forum. kR

I remember reading those posts and her journey to get that rifle. I tried to follow up with her on how she liked it, but I never did get a response. I hope she enjoys it. A LR rifle is slated to be my next gun purchase.

Archived