SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold

ironmaiden

I can't stand it. We can't leave till noon on Wednesday after Yazoo gets off from work.

The truck will be packed and ready to go!!!!!!

Boozy,

Remember now, that corn has to be in a dessert form.

NOT JUST POPPED! !!!!!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boozy, glad to hear you are coming up, hope Sonora will be joining you. If you want to try the best ribs by the way, you need to be there Wednesday night. Some outlaw seems to be running the smoker for a couple of day.

I have heard about 150 shooters. Big group of my best friends, Waimea, why are you leaving so late? I plan to get there Monday afternoon.

I've had the file Lady T gave me since January at the Siege. :huh:

I've been working on the bars since then.

I expect the second one to give way on Monday night.

Tuesday at 5:00 am is the earliest I can get away without waking the whole pen.

Guards will be asleep. The hound :blink: might give me problems though.

:lol:

Oh yeah, and I gotta clean my guns this weekend. :angry:

ALL RIGHT!! The plot thickens!! I'm actually collecting ingredients for jambalaya! Should be cooking the last parts Monday night or Tuesday.

Like I mentioned, I can't leave 'til Wednesday morning, but I hope y'all will save me a place near the bar!!

Gettin' like a little kid waitin' on Christmas!!!

Been like that around here for weeks.

Just got a part from Lee Shaver for my .45-70.

Happy day. Tried to match it with the eye piece. No go.

Ordered an eye piece this morning.

Keeping fingers crossed for the Long Distance side match.

Now I'm gonna need someone to teach me how to shoot the dam thing. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Won't be long now ya'll. Desperado Don and I will be leaving eeeeeeeearly Thurs morning. YamohopefullybethereintimetoshootWBinthechootwutyabrungcategory!

Kajun

Dont know how many plan to go on a bike ride on Wednesday but I will have my bike with me and plan to ride. Anyone and everyone is welcome to ride along. There are some beautiful areas around Manchester KY so load up and ride along.

See everyone next week.

Tombstone, yep SM and her best buddy will be coming too. I may be bringing a trailer with me, and if so, will be available for rescue operations! :D

Thanks Judge, you just gave me an awesome idea!!

Down to a few days now!

Boozy, that was just ugly. (unless we need rescuing)

Looking forward to seeing you and that beautiful lady of yours.

Dont know how many plan to go on a bike ride on Wednesday but I will have my bike with me and plan to ride. Anyone and everyone is welcome to ride along. There are some beautiful areas around Manchester KY so load up and ride along.

See everyone next week.

Just talked to Cash. They're gonna be there, but doesn't sound like he's gonna be able to make the bike ride.

I know of someone that just sent in their application.

:rolleyes::lol:

Waimea (133 hours to lift off)

Yeap, looks like close to 150 shooters! WOW! Black gold is my favorite match. Not because its ours, but because most of my favorite folks will be there! And let me tell ya, the hillbilly Olympics is gonna be so different and so much better this year! You wont believe what me and I mean what Whiskey has come up with. So put on your laughing face and be amazed! Oh yeah, you might want to exercise and get in shape! LOL

Yeap, looks like close to 150 shooters! WOW! Black gold is my favorite match. Not because its ours, but because most of my favorite folks will be there! And let me tell ya, the hillbilly Olympics is gonna be so different and so much better this year! You wont believe what me and I mean what Whiskey has come up with. So put on your laughing face and be amazed! Oh yeah, you might want to exercise and get in shape! LOL

I am at my Hillbilly fighting weight.

Nothing that Creek can throw at us will phase me. :P:o:lol:

Anyhow I know something about someone that was not supposed to be able to attend but is by golly actually going to be thar. :)

That's hillbilly talk.

Waimea (And since I'm an Outlaw you can't beat it outta me but I am open to cash bribery) :lol:

Has anyone heard from Michigan Rattler?? He said he was gonna' come and sit in with Milkbone and bring his leather stuff too!!

OK, I'll give you a clue.

He does a little gun-fighting and he's pretty good with a 97.

But he really made his name with a Marlin rifle.

Waimea

OK, I'll give you a clue.

He does a little gun-fighting and he's pretty good with a 97.

But he really made his name with a Marlin rifle.

Waimea

I'd sure be glad to see him!!

I'd sure be glad to see him!!

Well, you don't REALLY know who the HIM is but I'll give you one more clue.

He told me to pass this on:

"..one of the reason the particular JEDI GF'er wanted to come to Black Gold was to see JEDI Blackwater before he goes under the knife from Doc Sawbones."

Waimea

Sounds like the OLD GRAY HAIRED ONE is coming.

I'm surprised the bunkhouse boss is gonna let him out of the yard.

It will be great to see him. I do need some AA hulls to reload, he should be good for about 250 or so.

It will be great to see him. I do need some AA hulls to reload, he should be good for about 250 or so.

Is this some "HE WHO IS NEVER TO BE NAMED" thing?

It's Widder!

I get to meet another Wire Pard.

Yahoo!

Waimea

Everyone up here knew it was Widder, who else could it have been.

OUTSTANDING!!

I'd hoped to see him last weekend at Wartrace, but I figure the weather kept him home.

We'll have a shorenuff party now!!

Everyone up here knew it was Widder, who else could it have been.

The clues did make it pretty obvious. :lol:

This is shaping up to be one heck of a party and, oh yeah, there's a shoot too. :lol:

Waimea (5 days to lift off)

It'll be good to see ole Widder again....ain't seen his smiling face since TN state match last year.

Kajun

O.K., let me share alittle clarification please.

Waimea and I have shared a few PM's and such. So, when I found out this past weekend that it looked like I was going to get to come to Black Gold, I sent him a PM just to let him know I was looking forward to meeting him.

It wasn't earth shattering news and that is why I didn't post anything. I just wanted to let Waimea know.

Waimea ask me if he could share the info and of course, I said "Sure. Its no big deal", or something to that effect.

I had planned much earlier to shoot BG this year but failed to finalize my plans because the Bunkhouse Boss was scheduled for foot surgery about the same time of BG. Then, last weekend, she tells me that her surgery is THIS WEEK (Yesterday to be precise) and I quickly said: "WOW, I can probably go to Black Gold now"

And because of her foot surgery which prevents much movement by her for atleast a few weeks, I will be traveling up and back each day of the event. And then talking with Long Gulch, we decided to do the trip together everyday.

And in all honesty, I was hoping to visit with Blackwater before he has his surgery that will probably incapacitate him for awhile. But I wanted to personally wish him a 'GET WELL' and let him know I hope all goes well.

Reading about this match and the Pards that are scheduled to be there has been gnawing on me for weeks because I was really gritting my teeth that I wasn't going to go. But now, it all looks better.

Knowing the folks who are scheduled to be at Black Gold could warrant a new name for this event......... SOLID GOLD , cause this event is bringing in some of the finest folks in Cowboy shooting.

Hey JUDGE: You can have all my spent hulls. And you are correct... the Bunkhouse Boss is gona let me out to play next week. But I have to come back home every evening.

Looking forward to seeing Krazy again. Of course, I will probably get to see him down in Louisiana in September.

And I'll get to meet Titus also. I don't recall we have ever met.

See everyone soon and like Barney Fife says: "Keep a good thought".

..........Widder

Judge you might should bring a few 5 gallon buckets to put all them shotgun hulls in cause you know Widder is bringing them in 5 gal buckets for the speed shotgun!

Judge you might should bring a few 5 gallon buckets to put all them shotgun hulls in cause you know Widder is bringing them in 5 gal buckets for the speed shotgun!

Nah, just buy a roll of them 55 gallon garbage bags from Wally World before ya leave the house. If ya can't gitem all in yore truck I'll carry some back fer ya :P:P

Kajun

Widder, you are correct. One thing or another has prevented us from a face to face. But I can't think of a better venue for that to take place! Lookin forward to it. And you are also correct in your assessment of the caliber of folk who will be present at Joe's little git-ta-gether. Finest yer gonna find anywhar! :)

Man I really hate to miss this one, so many friends and so much fun not to mention the food. Hope to see everybody at Tennessee State.

Lucky grin_zpsebe960c5.png

Looks like Purly will have to bring the "paddle of shame" The gang will all be in KY.

Barkeep,

I actually have the "paddle of shame" to give to Purly at Black Gold. Seems Ziggy has had it for awhile and thought Purly was coming to Wartrace to "present" it to him, then he left it on my tailgate last weekend by mistake (or it might have been on purpose). I'll make sure Purly gets it. :)

Now ya'll gotta watch ole Purly.....he mightn' just take that paddle and use it on ya!

Now ya'll gotta watch ole Purly.....he mightn' just take that paddle and use it on ya!

The Purly Man better learn how to use his SG before he starts learning how to use a paddle..... :lol::lol::lol:

He's gona try to sneak some PNut Butter into my new 97 but I've hired some Pinkerton Agents to guard it.... :ph34r:

They will be secretly keeping an eye on it.

Brink the paddle RED. The Purly Man might find hisowndangself up the creek and need it before the sun settles on Black Gold... ;)

..........Widder

Widder, Purly told me that Skippy Peanut Butter was your magic lube for that 97', You better double that guard. 5 more days till my wagon rolls north. I can't wait!

Barkeeper,

do you really think I would tell the Purly Man my secret lube I use on the 'Enchantress'?

I think he told you about the Skippy because he was wanting you to put some in your SG.

Ya know, I would hate to travel all the way up to Black Gold just to tote a paddle around in my gun cart. He will be walking around and everyone will be saying "HI PURLY". Purly will ask..."how did you know my name is Purly"? And they will reply...... "cause your toting around a paddle in your gun cart".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

So to help everyone recognize us E. TN. Boys:

Peanut Butter oozing out of a 97' = Widder

Toting a boat paddle in their cart = Purly

Wearing Fred Astaire dancing shoes = Ocoee Red

Gun Boy = Jackalope Jasper

Archived