SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold

ironmaiden

Its about that time again folks, for the greatest biggest little match in SASS! For all of you who want to shoot the outlaw shoot and still shoot your category in the match, we will shoot the outlaw posse through on Thursday the 16th, the same day as side matches. We will shoot all ten stages. For those of you who normally shoot the outlaw category you will shoot it in the main match. We will start at 8 in the morning. Wow folks, the intercontinental outlaw championship of the world, the hillbilly Olympics, dessert wars, dinner for 2 or 3 nights, live bluegrass Friday night, Blackwater and his southern rock band on Saturday night, dance contests, best drinking shirt, team shoot,man on man, etc. What more could you ask for in a small match, except being with some of the best folks in SASS! Let us know who's coming, enquiring minds want to know! See everyone soon, can't wait!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well H#!! ! You know I'm in!!!

Yamobedere!

Kajun

What Kajun said.

Thinkin' I ain't gonna be able to sit still for the next 5 weeks and 5 whole days.

Good thing I have some preparations to attend to so's to keep my mind off'n it. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

What Kajun said.

Thinkin' I ain't gonna be able to sit still for the next 5 weeks and 5 whole days.

Good thing I have some preparations to attend to so's to keep my mind off'n it. :lol:

Waimea

Waimea....this is one of the funnest and funniest matches you'll ever go to. Someone described it to me as a party where a shooting match breaks out. This will be my 4th year to attend this soiree and I'm looking forward to it as much as you are. I've seen the results of what a cowboy Olimpiks looks like when the evil and confused mind of Whiskey Creek Johnson and his cohorts do the planning and making up rules and events as they go along. Why just last year we wuz throwing stuff at a confused lady Democrat who can't tell the truth even if she wuz sitting on a stack of bibles.

Just to make sure everyone has the match info and don't have to go looking stuff up I'm gonna drop what I posted in another thread.

Black Gold Shootout is being held July 16-18, 2015 at Ponderosa Pines in Manchester Kentucky. The entrance to the Ponderosa Pines range is located at the corner of New Truckers Road and Hwy 80 just south of Manchester, Kentucky. The GPS coordinates for the entrance are 37.119106,-83.796458. You can see a web map of the location here.The Pondersoa Pines Black Gold website with match details is here and the match application can be found here.

Kajun

I can't wait for another batch of "Copperhead Juice" and some of those famous margaritas from Tombstone's gas powered blender!

Will Ocoee Red win the dance off again or will another "well lubricated" cowboy take his title?

Is there any chance of advanced info on the Hillbilly Olympics. Some of us "gamers" want to practice.

Cowboy shooting and socializing are fun, but Black Gold is the "Maude Gras" of cowboy shoots. This is only our second one, but we wouldn't dare miss it.

TN Mongo and Miss Kitty Kat

I can't wait for another batch of "Copperhead Juice" and some of those famous margaritas from Tombstone's gas powered blender!

Will Ocoee Red win the dance off again or will another "well lubricated" cowboy take his title?

Is there any chance of advanced info on the Hillbilly Olympics. Some of us "gamers" want to practice.

Cowboy shooting and socializing are fun, but Black Gold is the "Maude Gras" of cowboy shoots. This is only our second one, but we wouldn't dare miss it.

TN Mongo and Miss Kitty Kat

Lady T described this event better than anyone before or since. I hope I get this right. She said, "Black Gold is like going to a family reunion where you like everybody that's there."

I'll be there if I can find a good place to sneak across the border.

Randy

Randy. Don't wear any of yer shootin outfits. Dress down a bit so as not to attract any attention to yerself. Wait til ya git across the border before ya put tha bling on. ;):P

CYA in July!

Its about that time again folks, for the greatest biggest little match in SASS! For all of you who want to shoot the outlaw shoot and still shoot your category in the match, we will shoot the outlaw posse through on Thursday the 16th, the same day as side matches. We will shoot all ten stages. For those of you who normally shoot the outlaw category you will shoot it in the main match. We will start at 8 in the morning. Wow folks, the intercontinental outlaw championship of the world, the hillbilly Olympics, dessert wars, dinner for 2 or 3 nights, live bluegrass Friday night, Blackwater and his southern rock band on Saturday night, dance contests, best drinking shirt, team shoot,man on man, etc. What more could you ask for in a small match, except being with some of the best folks in SASS! Let us know who's coming, enquiring minds want to know! See everyone soon, can't wait!

It was right nice of y'all to schedule the Intercontinental Outlaw Championship of the World shoot-thru ON MY BIRTHDAY! I can't think of a better way to spend it! YEE-HAW :D

I believe I will have to be involved n this shoot through. Got to make sure everyone shoots the Championship of the World at least semi along the same style. Maybe Whiskey Creek and I can spot. Especially for T-Bone

Now, how big of a trailer do we need to bring for the wild hog ride this year? WCJ

Thank you Tombstone for volunteering to be the T.O. for the outlaw shoot through.

I believe I will have to be involved n this shoot through. Got to make sure everyone shoots the Championship of the World at least semi along the same style. Maybe Whiskey Creek and I can spot. Especially for T-Bone

I'll give you a hand. If you want.

Maybe I can pick up a some new cheatin' skills from the Parttime Outlaws. :lol:

Waimea

My thinking too,Tombstone!

I know I better come spot for my little buddy. Somebody needs to keep an eye on him.

Yazoo is hoping for some of the ladies to shoot against. She is tired of beating up the boys.

Loose Cinch the OUTLAW of OUTLAWS and my buddy Titus with the same birthday, what a party we gonna have!!!!!!!

Iron Maiden and Fannie, y'all have to shoot OUTLAW CUZ I love OUTLAW WOMEN! !!!!!

T- Bone, I will be keeping an eye on YOU!!!!!

Randy. Don't wear any of yer shootin outfits. Dress down a bit so as not to attract any attention to yerself. Wait til ya git across the border before ya put tha bling on. ;):P

CYA in July!

That might just work, thanks for the tip. Course I guess you know that makes you an accessory now if I still git caught.

Randy

I am fairly new to SASS. have a question or two concerning the Intercontinental Outlaw Championship.

What are the rules and styles of shooting required? It sounds interesting but I am not familiar with it. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Mt Wolf

I'll be shooting through on the outlaw posse! Yee-ha What other ladies are gonna give it a go?

Question on the match fees. I know it is $ 100.00 for main match, side matches and Wild Bunch included. Is there a separate fee for the Outlaw Championship? If so, how much. As far a round counts on Outlaw match I am assuming it is probably safe to say about as many for main match.

Thanks

The Outlaw match will be the same match as the main match, Same stages and shooting order.

The entry fee should cover the Outlaw match however you may want to bring a little extra for your spotters and TO. :lol:

Question on the match fees. I know it is $ 100.00 for main match, side matches and Wild Bunch included. Is there a separate fee for the Outlaw Championship? If so, how much. As far a round counts on Outlaw match I am assuming it is probably safe to say about as many for main match.

Thanks

As far as round counts go if you've never done it before you should bring twice as many SG shells as you think you need.

At least that was my experience when I first started Outlaw. :rolleyes:

Waimea

As far as round counts go if you've never done it before you should bring twice as many SG shells as you think you need.

At least that was my experience when I first started Outlaw. :rolleyes:

Waimea

And I think I still ran out the first time! :P

Maybe I should get Lady T to sell SG shell along with the Jewelry, the hat hangers, the soggy doggies, the... the... the... the... that is what she needs; more stuff.

And dont forget rounds for side match, shoot off, team challenge, more side matches.

!00. dollars, and never pull your wallet back out. Unless of course you want to buy something from vendors or flea market. You wont find a better deal in SASS. Gauranteed!

Well, maybe a tip of two for the cooks and servers.

Archived