SASS Wire Forum

Nevada Pards - SB175 Signed By Governor

Howdy Nevada Pards.

It's a great day today, especially for Clark County Nevada residents. Governor Sandoval signed SB175 which ELIMINATES HANDGUN REGISTRATION in Clark County - NO MORE of those silly BLUE CARDS :excl:B):D

Among other plusses is a law overturning stupid local gun ordinances like NO OPEN CARRY in Boulder City and North Las Vegas.

Here's some info from NRA/ILA:

SB 175 makes drastic improvements to Nevada’s gun laws. This is done by improving Nevada’s preemption statutes, ensuring consistency in gun laws throughout the Silver State and most importantly, abolishing handgun registration in Clark County. SB 175 also improves the self-defense statutes by extending the castle doctrine to include automobiles, protects from civil liability those who have used force justifiably, and creates a rebuttable presumption in state law for when a person is acting in self-defense. Finally, SB 175 expands the list of out-of-state permits that will be recognized to carry concealed in Nevada. SB 175 passed the Assembly on May 22 with a 25-17 vote and was signed by Governor Sandoval today. (6/2/15)

For more info and links go here:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150602/nevada-legislature-adjourns-sine-die-with-governor-sandoval-signing-critical-gun-legislation

Now, my only question to ya'll is this: When do these new laws actually take effect? I cannot find that answer on the web.

Ya'll should thank Governor Sandoval at his email link in the above webpage link ;)

HH

:FlagAm:

Section 14 of the Act states, "[t]his act shall be effective upon passage and approval."

Caveat. There are some issues that do not go into effect on October 1, 2015. They relate to actions by cities and counties for violation of ordinances that are inconsistent with the Act.

The language can be reviewed at https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Bills/SB/SB175_EN.pdf.

I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so read the Act or seek legal advice. Nothing contained herein may be relied upon.

NN

Archived