SASS Wire Forum

Belton Bushwackers

Swift Stoney 49735

What started out for Kid Nama and I as a warm up for the NC State Match next week turned in to a great weekend. Belton is a relatively new SC club but has a lot of experienced folks who know how to make a match fun. Not only were the stages interesting but the targets were BLUE and all of us color challenged folks had fun shooting them. What a great accommodation by the match officials. And if that was not enough, we were ferried from bay 5 to bay 1, an act that was greatly appreciated. And if THAT was not enough, we had folks assigned to our posse to pick up brass and set targets.

After the shooting Saturday we went to a working ranch and were treated not only to a great meal, but exhibitions the like of which most of us would never have the opportunity to witness. How many knew Potshot Parker could do magic with a bullwhip? Or that Blackhawk Henry knew how to actually ride a horse? Have you ever witnessed barrel racing in person? There is much more to it than meets the eye. I feel really bad living in Augusta GA and never having been to the Futurity. It will be on my calendar next year. And probably the most fun was the cowboy mounted shooters followed by the cowboy golf cart shooters. The evening past quickly and we were all in need of sleep to get ready for the final four stages Sunday. After the match came the awards ceremony, and yes, I did attend. Everyone got a buckle! I loved it.

Thank you Belton Bushwackers for a weekend that surpassed all my expectations.

A great match, well planned and executed by Pants A Fire, Slippery Stew, Harman Hammer and the rest of the crew. And as Stoney said, Saturday night was the most interesting and fun I have ever seen at an annual match. A lot of behind the scenes planning and effort went into this and all of us are grateful for it. The arena was a great venue, the food was good, the entertainment non-stop and the company delightful. Hard to see how you could have had more fun on a beautiful weekend. Congrats to Fast Eddie and Slick's Sharpshooter, the overall winners, and to all the category winners.

What started out for Kid Nama and I as a warm up for the NC State Match next week turned in to a great weekend. Belton is a relatively new SC club but has a lot of experienced folks who know how to make a match fun. Not only were the stages interesting but the targets were BLUE and all of us color challenged folks had fun shooting them. What a great accommodation by the match officials. And if that was not enough, we were ferried from bay 5 to bay 1, an act that was greatly appreciated. And if THAT was not enough, we had folks assigned to our posse to pick up brass and set targets.

After the shooting Saturday we went to a working ranch and were treated not only to a great meal, but exhibitions the like of which most of us would never have the opportunity to witness. How many knew Potshot Parker could do magic with a bullwhip? Or that Blackhawk Henry knew how to actually ride a horse? Have you ever witnessed barrel racing in person? There is much more to it than meets the eye. I feel really bad living in Augusta GA and never having been to the Futurity. It will be on my calendar next year. And probably the most fun was the cowboy mounted shooters followed by the cowboy golf cart shooters. The evening past quickly and we were all in need of sleep to get ready for the final four stages Sunday. After the match came the awards ceremony, and yes, I did attend. Everyone got a buckle! I loved it.

Thank you Belton Bushwackers for a weekend that surpassed all my expectations.

I want to second everything you just said, Stoney.The Belton crew did a great job and this match was like finding a diamond in your box of cracker jacks (not that finding a diamond in my cracker jacks has ever happened to me). BTW congrats on your own great shoot. I would say you are pretty well tuned up for the NC match. I loved watching Pig Iron shooting in the golf cart event. If anyone got video of that - I sure would appreciate a copy. Witch Doctor

I mentioned before that Blackhawk Henry knew how to ride a horse but upon reviewing some of my pictures I might have to re-evaluate that position. This link will explain it all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmt3mpcybtg79h3/20150530_185917_Six%20and%20Twenty%20Rd.jpg?dl=0

I saw the name Belton Bushwackers and got all tingly inside. I live in KC (along the border where the Bushwackers became famous or infamous depending on your point of view.) One of our local suburbs is Belton, Missouri. I was excited because I thought there was a new club in town. Sadly you all are in South Carolina.

I saw the name Belton Bushwackers and got all tingly inside. I live in KC (along the border where the Bushwackers became famous or infamous depending on your point of view.) One of our local suburbs is Belton, Missouri. I was excited because I thought there was a new club in town. Sadly you all are in South Carolina.

You're only 15 hours away Bart - we'll see you next year.

It was a pretty awesome match for an annual match. For a small club that is relatively new to put it on and do that great a job speaks volumes for all of the people who worked so hard to make the event such a great success. Let me echo the thanks that others have offered above....great job. Can I getta Amen from the congregation? :D

For those in the Southeast this is an annual match that is well worth the drive to attend. Hopefully we will be able to shoot it again next year. Not to actually pick a date but it looks like April 30, 2016 is a 5th Saturday....just sayin' ;)

Kajun

I'm in agreement with the congregation. I figured it would be a great match to shoot (and it was) but I didn't realize what an overall great event it would turn out to be. We had a great time. It seemed like Pants and the gang thought of everything. That picture that Stoney posted was better than great. I think I'm gonna have a copy framed for the den. He caught my true essence in that one.

I think I speak for the rest of the folks responsible for putting this here Bushwhack round up together when I say it was a gunfight with a wild west show attached.

Next years plans are already in the making, and by making,... I mean bigger and better. More events on Saturday night, more (horse) mounted shooters, a trick roper, some live music maybe. How about more (golf cart) mounted shooting chances? How about dueling bullwhips? Did anyone fiqure out any of Slippery Stews card tricks? I swear his card tricks were the devils work. LOL

Im pretty sure everyone who came this year is gonna bring a friend, or two next year.

Lots of hook ups at the ranch for the modern covered wagon cowfolks. Those who camped on site Friday night were treated to about 50 barrel racer competition. Really good food with lots of choices on the main course, and even more choices of sides this year. Not sure if we can top that next year. The range facilities, and parking areas are expanding in the next two months as well, so we can accommodate more competitors. Lots of buckles were awarded.

This year may have only been an annual match as advertised, but I think everyone that came will agree, it was a whole lot more bang for your buck.

One more thing... Those kids, and parents representing The Belton Bird Busters did a great job reseting our SG targets, and picking up our brass. The Cowboys really supported them, and we may now have a few more young shooters at our next match.

Thanks to all that helped make this match real, and real fun.

Hammer

Archived