SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold?

Blackwater 53393

It's gettin' closer!!

Yep...I'm getting the shakes....I hear Copperhead juice calms the symptoms though ;)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna' be a judge too!!

Coconut and strawberries!! YUMMMMM!!

BW,

As a previous winner, wouldn't you rather taste anything you would like, and express your opinion to

the esteemed judges that have assembled.

That way you can just enjoy the food and not have to worry about some of that strange stuff these folks have been talking about. I for one would hate to see you come down with something before the MILKBONE show.

I only been food poisoned three times in my life and it was never dessert!!

I'm not supposed to eat any of the desserts, but about twice a year I go off the reservation for about a week!!

I don't really care about judging the offerings so much as just getting to sample all of 'em!!

Fannie just found out that I've been named an official judge in this here Dessert Contest. So as not to create any appearance of impropriety, favoritism, partiality, under-handedness, unseemliness, incongruity, indecency, bias, or just plain cheatin', she's decided to not submit an entry. She has express the desire to maintain her spotless reputation regarding her participation in any previous Dessert Contests in which she has been involved. (As for the accusations of thievery :ph34r: at one Comin'At'Cha....she still SWEARS she was FRAMED! <_< )

It would appear that she may be taking a cue from my participation and subsequent voluntary withdrawal from the Liars Contest at last years Black Gold. Granted, it was a LYING contest. Purposely telling untruths. Yet the act of me presenting Copperhead Joe (who admitted that he had the authority to overrule any decisions by the judges) with his very own Iver Johnson Copperhead 1911 pistol, could have been construed, possibly, as bribery. Now I had admittedly voluntarily lied during this contest. So from that point forward I could not truthfully say that I'm not a liar. (I guess I could lie about it! :wacko: ) So a liar I would be. But the act of presenting my buddy with a present at the moment that I chose (right before the judges were to choose the winner of the Liars Contest) was most unfortunate for me. Why, some might just have thought that I had resorted to cheating to win that contest! So in fairness to all the other participants in the contest, who most likely would have all been losers had I not withdrawn, I pulled myself from the contest and relinquished all the fame and glory that would have been heaped upon me in my victory. It would not have been worth it had I walked away from that contest with folks calling me a LIAR and a CHEAT! :P Now I know it has been said many times that ''what happens in Kentucky stays in Kentucky" but that was a chance that I couldn't take. :blink:

Boy, is we gonna have us a big time next week or what!

I find myself pausing in mid thought or stride to just giggle!! Schoolmarm looks at me like I'm nuts, (which nobody can truthfully deny) and asks, "Whats so funny?"

I just grin and say I'm happy, and wander off smiling.

Dang Titis, you sure talk a lot or at least type a lot. See you next week, when are you all getting there? I am pretty sure you canceled your participation because you saw the penguin.

Well, here it is Friday morning and I'm taking the new coach in for new rubber. Dang, rubber is 'spensive! Finish loading things this afternoon. Got a funeral to attend mid-morning tomorrow. Should be home from that around noonish. Hope to be on the road soon thereafter. Should pull into Joe's sometime Sunday. Won't be soon enough for me!

Poles, penguins and Hillbillylympics.....Okay, Blackwater, I'm grinnin too! :P

Alright everyone! Thursday evening is pot luck. This is a great time to show off your culinary skills[that means cooking]. :lol: So bring in your best dishes! No contest, just bragging rights.

Alright everyone! Thursday evening is pot luck. This is a great time to show off your culinary skills[that means cooking]. :lol: So bring in your best dishes! No contest, just bragging rights.

I claim chips and dip.

Ya cain't do much cooking in a tent. :lol:

I'll do better than chips and dip though.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Jambalaya is already in the works!! What are the chances of Bradley bringing GUMBO???

Sounds like the food is lined up for Thursday through Saturday evenings-

Thursday- potluck- IM and I talked about this following the Oak Ridge Outlaws match today. Doesn't matter what you bring to the table- just make sure it is enough for your crew and at least 2 more people. Anyone's been around when we've put together a potluck at a match knows there will be a wondrous array of gustatory delights.

Friday- Joe's family cooks dinner, and it is always wonderful. Could be pulled pork, smoked turkeys, roast beef, smoked sausage, chicken and dumplings- just never know. And, it is always accompanied by a huge variety of salads and veggies. Home cooking at its finest!

Saturday- Joe's family again cooks dinner. It has been a fish fry at all the past Black Gold matches- fish, fries, hush puppies, along with a variety of veggies and salads. Everyone always eats way too much because it is so good.

Waimea, as far as not doing much cooking in a tent- there are kitchen facilities throughout the compound, and there is always the option of bringing a slow cooker and plugging it in somewhere, if you wished to do so. There are also grills for those who might want to bring some type of roast beast (intentional choice of word) or grilled veggies or fruit to the table.

- Tombstone, you mentioned earlier there might be ribs courtesy of the Outlaws on Wednesday evening. Is that a go?

Blackwater, what night are you planning to serve jambalaya?

Sounds like the food is lined up for Thursday through Saturday evenings-

Thursday- potluck- IM and I talked about this following the Oak Ridge Outlaws match today. Doesn't matter what you bring to the table- just make sure it is enough for your crew and at least 2 more people. Anyone's been around when we've put together a potluck at a match knows there will be a wondrous array of gustatory delights.

Friday- Joe's family cooks dinner, and it is always wonderful. Could be pulled pork, smoked turkeys, roast beef, smoked sausage, chicken and dumplings- just never know. And, it is always accompanied by a huge variety of salads and veggies. Home cooking at its finest!

Saturday- Joe's family again cooks dinner. It has been a fish fry at all the past Black Gold matches- fish, fries, hush puppies, along with a variety of veggies and salads. Everyone always eats way too much because it is so good.

Waimea, as far as not doing much cooking in a tent- there are kitchen facilities throughout the compound, and there is always the option of bringing a slow cooker and plugging it in somewhere, if you wished to do so. There are also grills for those who might want to bring some type of roast beast (intentional choice of word) or grilled veggies or fruit to the table.

- Tombstone, you mentioned earlier there might be ribs courtesy of the Outlaws on Wednesday evening. Is that a go?

Blackwater, what night are you planning to serve jambalaya?

I figured to serve it up on Thursday night. There will be plenty so we can take up any slack for folks that can't do much cooking on the road. I'll have it ready to go with a little prep before I leave here Wednesday morning, so if we need it earlier that's okay. Don't forget we got lots of folks who stay for lunch Thursday thru Saturday!!

I will have ribs on Wednesday and plan to smoke a few pork butts for Thursday night feast.

Waimea, you can throw in with my lot? I will have plenty. Cant really smoke one butt at a time.

I've said it a thousand times.

If you leave Black Gold sober, sad, or hungry,

IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! <_< :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

I'm bringing my smoker as well and will have chicken quarters, a pork shoulder for pickin', and maybe a brisket. It should all be done Wednesday afternoon and available anytime thereafter.

I will have ribs on Wednesday and plan to smoke a few pork butts for Thursday night feast.

Waimea, you can throw in with my lot? I will have plenty. Cant really smoke one butt at a time.

MMMmmmmm! Tombstone's ribs are OUTLAW yummy! And.............I've seen you smoke more that ONE butt at a time. :D

'preciate the offer. :)

Just PM me and let me know what to bring.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Boozy!! You got's PIE??? :unsure::wub:

Looks like I might hafta' abandon my diet!! YUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!

I got most of the proteins cooked for the Jambalaya and some of the onion and peppers. Still three or four pounds of chicken and about the same amount of shrimp and crawfish left to season and cook!!

Y'all had better brang yore appetites, 'cause I ain't aimin' to bring none of it home!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost done with the cooking. I got's a little packing ta' do and load up the car.

I'm gonna' turn in early tonight and we'll get out of town by 8:15 in the morning.

Up 'n' at'em!! Loading the car and 'bout out the door!!

See ya's at Ponderosa Pines after while!!

Archived