SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold?

Blackwater 53393

I went out and bought a couple of bags of mud bug tails today. Got some shrimps too.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what kind of dessert you have planned Blackwater but I am willing to give it a try.

I went out and bought a couple of bags of mud bug tails today. Got some shrimps too.

You didn't get the straight tailed Mudbugs did you Blackwater?😀

You didn't get the straight tailed Mudbugs did you Blackwater?😀

TT,

I think the mud bugs is fer the jambalaya!!

I ain't sure even Blackwater could make a winning dessert with crawdads, but, if anybody could it would be him.

Y'all don't understand, Blackwater can always ask his momma, and she has a great recipe for anything!!

Wally is right, as usual! But now you got me thinkin'!! :lol::lol:

I ain't never kept Mom a secret. She and my two grandmothers taught me to cook and I learned things I haven't even begun to bring to the table yet. ;)

Titus, I hope she makes two, I understand there will be some Outlaws around. I have heard of them desserts going missing and some of them not even finding their way into the competition. Nothing but an empty pan left as evidence.

Not sure what kind of dessert you have planned Blackwater but I am willing to give it a try.

I was thinkin' maybe an Oreo, pineapple, and crawfish sorbet!!! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Just pullin' yer leg!!! ;)

Titus, I hope she makes two, I understand there will be some Outlaws around. I have heard of them desserts going missing and some of them not even finding their way into the competition. Nothing but an empty pan left as evidence.

I told her to make 3. One for the contest, one for the Outlaws, and one for ME!

I was thinkin' maybe an Oreo, pineapple, and crawfish sorbet!!! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Which one'a them ingredients are you considerin' a vegetable? :huh:

You are going to use some of Copperhead Joe's special thinner in that recipe ain't you?

Probably the pineapple , since it grows in the ground!

Anything that comes out of the ground is a vegetable in Blackwaters book.

Crawfish come out of the ground.....course that ground;s a might damp :lol: :lol:

Kajun

I tolt ya's I wasn't competing this year so the RULES don't mean nothin' to me!! :ph34r: I had planned to be at Ponderosa Pines on Saturday before the match to hang out, help out and generally just enjoy myself.

Instead, I'll have to wait until Wednesday to leave home because of prior personal and medical necessities.

I won't get to ride with the rest of the gang. I probably should''t anyway with the right shoulder in the shape it's in, but that never stopped me before.

The SORBET was a joke! I wouldn't waste perfectly good crawfish in such a frivolous manner when jambalaya and gumbo might happen!! My coonass brethren would likely lynch me over such a travesty!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blackwater,

I don't think it the coonass folk you would worry about.

I believe yo momma would give you a smack with a mixing spoon!

You're most likely right on that one. 'Course, she never whacked me for makin' mud pies when I was a kid! :unsure::lol:

I figured the Sorbet was the vegetable. :lol:

Tombstone!! You know I'm figuring on some kind of pepper in almost everything. There's your veggie. And I know Miss Becky has introduced you to sorbet somewhere. You know, highfalutin' sherbet!! :lol::lol:

I reckon all the cooks and bakers are at EOT for a spell.

Hope they're havin' fun!!

Blackwater,

I had someone ask me today....

An agave plant grows in the ground so is Tequila considered a vegetable?

I told him would have to check with the Rules Committee ( Iron Maiden ).

Beats all I ever seen what me, Titus and Jackalope might have to taste.

I guess I need to start exercisin' my taste buds to get ready fer this here contest. Not that I would want to ever be accused of 'practicing' or anything. But if I'm being asked to be an 'official judge' in the Dessert Wars, I want to make sure I'm on top of my game! :P

Well I guess agave is a plant. But it has nothing growing on it to make it a veggie. So try again. Lol

You could use Gin!! It is made from the Juniper berry, although some folks might consider it a fruit. Vodka in it's original form came from potatoes, so it should qualify and rum is from sugar cane............. :lol::lol::lol:

You could use Gin!! It is made from the Juniper berry, although some folks might consider it a fruit. Vodka in it's original form came from potatoes, so it should qualify and rum is from sugar cane............. :lol::lol::lol:

I believe I'll go pour me a salad! :P

LORD HAVE MERCY! !!!!!!!!

Titus,Jackalope and I are gonna have to live off of Pepto Bismol and Bicarbonate of Soda for days! !!!!!!!

I mean y'all are talking about Tequila, mudbugs, Juniper berry, cactus,potatoes, sweet and plain, sugar cane,

Vodka and God knows what else!!!!!

Iron Maiden, PLEASE CLARIFY THE RULES TO THESE WANNA BE DESSERT CHEFS !!!!!!!

BEFORE ONE OR ALL OF THE JUDGES DIE!!!!!

At least with Blackwater cooking you know you will live through it, but he is retired from competition!

Datura Inoxia Brownies...MMMMMM

:lol:

Just kidding with ya, Judge

Maybe the judges panel should have a pre-judging taster (me) just to make sure there's no funny business.

Waimea

LORD HAVE MERCY! !!!!!!!!

At least with Blackwater cooking you know you will live through it, but he is retired from competition!

I may not be competing this time, but that don't mean I ain't cookin'!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

LOL! Ya'll are sooooo complicating things! If it grows from a plant, not the plant itself, then it's good. Then again cabbage, lettuce, etc. is acceptable. If it grows from a bush or a tree, not! I think you adult cowboys know what a veggie is. Now, go for it!

Hey Forty!! You ain't got to be nowhere in particular. Why don't you make it up yourself and come join us?? Bring mamma with too!!

It's gettin' closer!!

Archived