SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold?

Blackwater 53393

That video is alittle too clean, we'll try to spice it up a bit with Titus's pole dancing, maybe a little dirty dog from Jackalope, or....

Yazoo not having seen Waimea dance, he might be stiff competition for Titus, Jackalope and myself in the dance contest. We'll see...What's your speciality Waimea??

Wonder who else is brave enough to join in. :lol:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When there's enough drinking, almost all you guys will! Can't wait to see if Ocoee Red keeps his title or if there's gonna be a new crowned boogy man!

That video is alittle too clean, we'll try to spice it up a bit with Titus's pole dancing, maybe a little dirty dog from Jackalope, or....

Yazoo not having seen Waimea dance, he might be stiff competition for Titus, Jackalope and myself in the dance contest. We'll see...What's your speciality Waimea??

Wonder who else is brave enough to join in. :lol:

Ain't that a little like telling the recipe of the dessert I plan on entering? :lol:

When there's enough drinking, almost all you guys will! Can't wait to see if Ocoee Red keeps his title or if there's gonna be a new crowned boogy man!

FIRE UP THE STILL!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Are there judges for this dancing thing?

Are there prizes? I mean besides a free dance with WCJ. :P

What's on the line?

We need to get down to brass tacks here.

Waimea

There are chosen ladies who judge the fellers and there are designated gents who tally for the gals!!

Mrs Waimea just said that there is not enough shine in all of Kentucky to induce anyone to utter these three words in one sentence:

Waimea, good, dancer.

Waimea's rebuttal: That ain't gonna stop me.

Mrs Waimea rebuttal to the rebuttal: You have been warned.

Miss Bobbie/Miz Pete weighing in ... can you guys stay on topic for 2 seconds?

Iron Maiden: last year all I heard for two days before the dessert war was can't wait for carrot cake -- from the judges.

I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but can't help but think something's happening here; i.e. nothing but carrot cake had a Chinaman's chance in the war.

How about this: nobody samples without a love offering. Love offering should be commensurate with the size of the sample. Total love offering for each entrant determines the winner. Proceeds to the kitchen staff (angels, all) or the chosen charity of the match, at your discretion.

Not to be argumentative, but Raspberry, Cream Cheese, Cayenne, Black Walnut brownies took first place and the Blackberry version of same tied for second. It was me and several others who were looking for Bitterroot's carrot cake!! That carrot cake is fabulous and a tradition amongst some of the original Black Gold bunch!! It is also a past winner of the Dessert Wars!!

The donation idea is a good one. We did raise a couple hundred bucks last year with just a tip jar. I suggest we combine the two ideas. A judging in the manner that we have always done, and a collection for each and call it the Cowboy's Choice award, no disrespect to the ladies intended.

We do have a local charity that we donate to. It helps buy gas to take cancer patients to their appointments. We give to them every year. The cooks are well compensated, with tips and other.

We give a prize for the winner of the dance off and for the best dessert and the winner of the hillbilly Olympics.

So everybody put on your competitive hat and get ready for match of the century!

Dessert judgement will be: 1/3 taste, 1/3 creativity, and 1/3 looks

So just plain carrot cake probably won't get it.

Good luck!

YOU ALREADY HAVE THE THREE MOST TRUSTWORTHY JUDGES YOU CAN GET!!!!

JACKALOPE, TITUS and JUDGE!!

We will choose by Iron Maidens rules that seems pretty fair to me.

Honest, unbiased, fair, impartial, uncorrupted,and above reproach!

Honest, unbiased, fair, impartial, uncorrupted,and above reproach!

You forgot to add "hungry." :D :D

Dessert judgement will be: 1/3 taste, 1/3 creativity, and 1/3 looks

So just plain carrot cake probably won't get it.

Good luck!

Dessert judgement will be: 1/3 taste, 1/3 creativity, and 1/3 looks....OK Maiden, which one am I? :P

Seriously though, I step away for a couple of days to shoot the Kansas State match and I come back to this! 1/3 looks means I AIN'T GOTTA WEAR NO BLINDFOLD! WHEW, man do I feel a lot more comfortable now.

I wonder though...do I gotta wear an eyepatch on my 3rd eye? :wacko: (The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight.) Now, before y'all think I done gone off the deep end, or got all mixed up in some sorta mystical, mid-eastern religion, I would ask you to ponder the possibility that there might be just such power to be released in your own mind. If you've never experienced this, I'd venture to say you've never had any "Copperhead juice." Or if you have, but didn't experience said extraordinary sight, you didn't have enough of the juice! Why, I've see cowboys (and cowgirls!) say and do thing that could only be described as mystical and esoteric. Take T-Bone for example. If you've ever read some of his stories here or been witness to them in person, you know as well as I do that he has perception beyond ordinary sight. And I know for a fact he has been known to partake of the juice from time to time. ^_^ I rest my case.

Honest, unbiased, fair, impartial, uncorrupted,and above reproach! I couldn't have said it better myself, Jackalope!

Dessert judgement will be: 1/3 taste, 1/3 creativity, and 1/3 looks....OK Maiden, which one am I? :P

Seriously though, I step away for a couple of days to shoot the Kansas State match and I come back to this! 1/3 looks means I AIN'T GOTTA WEAR NO BLINDFOLD! WHEW, man do I feel a lot more comfortable now.

I wonder though...do I gotta wear an eyepatch on my 3rd eye? :wacko: (The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight.) Now, before y'all think I done gone off the deep end, or got all mixed up in some sorta mystical, mid-eastern religion, I would ask you to ponder the possibility that there might be just such power to be released in your own mind. If you've never experienced this, I'd venture to say you've never had any "Copperhead juice." Or if you have, but didn't experience said extraordinary sight, you didn't have enough of the juice! Why, I've see cowboys (and cowgirls!) say and do thing that could only be described as mystical and esoteric. Take T-Bone for example. If you've ever read some of his stories here or been witness to them in person, you know as well as I do that he has perception beyond ordinary sight. And I know for a fact he has been known to partake of the juice from time to time. ^_^ I rest my case.

Honest, unbiased, fair, impartial, uncorrupted,and above reproach! I couldn't have said it better myself, Jackalope!

Did you have to drive through Colorado?

If so you may have breathed a little too deeply just to come up with all that.

:lol:

Waimea

be very careful with that perceptive beyond ordinary sight or that said Copperhead juice, you may end up on the porch!

be very careful with that perceptive beyond ordinary sight or that said Copperhead juice, you may end up on the porch!

Or wandering' around with the goats!! :lol::lol::lol:

Was you keepin' that to yourself, Pete??? :unsure::lol::lol:

All this talk about goats in a dessert thread.....I'll stop my comments there ;)

Yeah, KK!! Lickskillet Charlie says for you to keep yer britches legs on the outside of yer boots around them goats!! :o:lol::lol:

Well, I guess not. Just bring your best desserts and TRY to put a twist to it. Remember, creativity is still one of the requirements.

I LIKE the veggie idea!! 'Magine what somebody could do with sweet potato!!

:unsure:

Archived