SASS Wire Forum

Dessert Wars at Black Gold?

Blackwater 53393

Want input on the desert cook off for The Black Gold Shootout this year. What do you guys think?? I was fortunate enough to win last year and will bake, fry, or roast something to share with my friends and fellow shooters, but I'm going to disqualify myself this time and just enjoy the show. We took in a pretty fair tip jar last year when we put the goodies out on the table so I figure if I add a little something, it'll just add to the tip jar.

Iron Maiden set the rules last year and I'm nominating her to do it again if everyone is okay with that.

Early contenders are Bitterroot's carrot cake and Baby Bull's cherry thing.

Me love carrot cake and cherry anything!! :wub::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CR!! Got nothin' ta' prove and I'd like for another contestant to feel the charge I got from winning. I've won, placed, and shown at this and it's time to just do it for the fun of it. Kinda' like I'm doin' right now with my shooting.

Ya' orta' crawl out of the mineshaft and come shoot with us. You'll shore eat good!!

I will be glad to loan my name to the judges pool!

I figure I'm gonna have to judge the cowgirl dance contest again, since I am the most unbiased JUDGE that shows up,

Can't wait till July! Coming in on Wednesday.

JACKALOPE AND JUDGE , NO MORE HONEST MEN ANYWHERE! !!!!!!!!

yadda yadda yadda some other stuff....

JACKALOPE AND JUDGE , NO MORE HONEST MEN ANYWHERE! !!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

I'm looking forward to going back up north ta Copperhead Joe's range and smokin' it up again. One of THE most fun matches you'll every attend. And if you don't gain any weight while your there you just didn't show up to take vittles with everyone else. And Dessert Wars on top of that....why that's just the icing on top of the cake....well maybe it IS the icing on top of the cake.

I've got that Carp - in - a - tunnel syndrome, so it is not safe for me to handle guns until that gets cleared up.

But I can handle a cook pot!

Let's have Iron Maiden set up the rules, and I will bring a good ole Texas recipe to the table.

Then we will find out who likes good cooking.

Duffield

I was just perusing the Wire Forum for a main post about Black Gold Shootout for this year...didn't see one. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just drop in a paragraph here to provide some location and match info in case there were a few folks stumbled on to this thread and who haven't been to this great match and might want some match specifics.

Black Gold Shootout is being held July 16-18, 2015 at Ponderosa Pines in Manchester Kentucky. The entrance to the Ponderosa Pines range is located at the corner of New Truckers Road and Hwy 80 just south of Manchester, Kentucky. The GPS coordinates for the entrance are 37.119106,-83.796458. You can see a web map of the location here.The Pondersoa Pines Black Gold website with match details is here and the match application can be found here.

It's gonna be another fun one ya'll.

Kajun

Thanks, KK!!

I figured, everybody starts off their shoot announcements with the shooting stuff. Why be like everybody else?? We got's the best food and we got's more music and entertainment than anybody and it's the second laig of the Triple Crown and it's the Intercontinental World Championship of Outlaw Shooters and the Dooley Gang is hangin' out with us and ..................

AWW HECK!!! It's just the best party you'll ever go to and you get to shoot all you want too!!!

AND!! Don't fergit the Cowboy OH LIMPICS TOO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really looking forward to this one! Blackwater, you need to stay in the competition. Not as fun if we can't dethrone ya! :P

Dang Blackwater....I googled that word "dethrone" and that's a verb....sounds like it could hurt. And with Sue Render "doing the doing" I bet she would smile the whole time it was happening! :lol: :lol:

Kajun

RULES???

Just do like bone did one year.

Bake it

Buy it

Or steal it

Had to hide ours and locked it up.

Some forgot to. Think one dessert got stolen 3-4 times before turn in.

Wish I could make that match. Have heard so many great things about it.

The first rule of the contest is "Run what you brung and hope you brung enough!!" No theft will be tolerated!!

And Al! You just hafta' re-arrange yer schedule!! You and the missus would be very welcome!! Call in to work and tell 'em you've come down with the flyin' lead flu!!

'Sides, you could likely sell a few bullets while you're here!! ;)

No rules? That's okay with me. Will bring enough of something sweet to share. Would you order up a few clouds and a breeze? Thanks!! See ya'll in July.

That would be the domain of Mr. Whiskey Creek Johnson!!

He and his better half should be chiming in here soon!!

I'll be there with carrot cake again, like Blackwater I have won and placed several time,nothing left to prove but I've had several request already to bring them,threats on my life if I don't so I figured it was advantages to bring a couple.

Blackwater,We still starting Wednesday with a bike ride?

No rules? That's okay with me. Will bring enough of something sweet to share. Would you order up a few clouds and a breeze? Thanks!! See ya'll in July.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

no stealing????? I bet no store bought stuff eethur!!!

sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but I still won bak then dint I!)

You can add one more Outlaw to the shooter's list:

Waimea

YAAAHOOOO!

Can't wait!

Waimea (ONE WHO REALLY LIKES DESSERT)

You can add one more Outlaw to the shooter's list:

Waimea

YAAAHOOOO!

Can't wait!

Waimea (ONE WHO REALLY LIKES DESSERT)

Daggon....you gonna make this one....well awwwwright. We gonna lassiez les bon temps roulere Waimea. You'll be able leave yore insulated tent at home fer this one there Outlaw shooter. :D

Kajun

RULES???

Just do like bone did one year.

Bake it

Buy it

Or steal it

Had to hide ours and locked it up.

Some forgot to. Think one dessert got stolen 3-4 times before turn in.

Wish I could make that match. Have heard so many great things about it.

Fannie still swears she was framed! :P

Still planning on the Wednesday bike ride!! Hey Tombstone!! You got a route picked out??

Sounds like another big time is brewin! Lookin forward to another BLACK GOLD!

Waimea, it'll be good to see ya again.

Look out Kentucky, we're 'bout to turn it loose again! :D

Lookin' forward to it, Titus.

This time maybe I'll be able to put the plain clothes you together with the cowboy you and I won't look like such a horse's petootee.

(Remember Taco Bell?)

:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Lookin' forward to it, Titus.

This time maybe I'll be able to put the plain clothes you together with the cowboy you and I won't look like such a horse's petootee.

(Remember Taco Bell?)

:lol:

Waimea

Better to LOOK like a horses patootee than SMELL like a horses patootee! :P Yeah, Taco Bell, plain clothes, things always look a little different under those conditions. But after a few days in the hills of Eastern Kentucky and a little moonshine, Taco Bell will be a distant memory! Hang on ta yer hat, we're fixin' to have a big time! :blink:

I most likely won't make it again this year,,,, got an eviction in the works and by then I should be knee deep in getting that unit ready to rent again, plus we plan on selling some of our rentals this year, that being one of them. Tired of messing with tennants!

Daggon....you gonna make this one....well awwwwright. We gonna lassiez les bon temps roulere Waimea. You'll be able leave yore insulated tent at home fer this one there Outlaw shooter. :D

Kajun

Whether it's bon temps or heads something's gotta roulere, Krazy! :lol:

This is why I couldn't make the GA Match. Sadly.

Gotta make hard choices sometimes... well.. most temps. :(

I'll be bringing the Summer tent for this one. Course I had the Summer tent for the last one too.

Guess I'll leave the parka and all them other thermal clothes at home and travel light.

I'm mentioning this so's you have a chance to BRING thermals.

Just the ways of the Universe.

I'm looking forward to a very good time. :)

I most likely won't make it again this year,,,, got an eviction in the works and by then I should be knee deep in getting that unit ready to rent again, plus we plan on selling some of our rentals this year, that being one of them. Tired of messing with tennants!

Sad to hear, Purdy.

Thought we might cross paths agin. B)

Waimea

Better to LOOK like a horses patootee than SMELL like a horses patootee! :P Yeah, Taco Bell, plain clothes, things always look a little different under those conditions. But after a few days in the hills of Eastern Kentucky and a little moonshine, Taco Bell will be a distant memory! Hang on ta yer hat, we're fixin' to have a big time! :blink:

You bet, Titus.

I could not be more readier to have a good time. :lol:

Oh wait, you said a BIG time. :blink: Now i'm skeered. :o

Waimea

Back to the original post about the De-sserts.

If'n it's got any or all of cherries, chocolate, brown sugar crumbs, molasses or a graham cracker crust.

Soak it in alcohol and...

That's a perfect dessert!

Waimea

PS: I like peaches and apples too.

Back to the original post about the De-sserts.

If'n it's got any or all of cherries, chocolate, brown sugar crumbs, molasses or a graham cracker crust.

Soak it in alcohol and...

That's a perfect dessert!

Waimea

PS: I like peaches and apples too.

I wouldn't have guessed you were so picky! ;)

And by the way, there's no need to be skeered now that Kewl Pepper has sadly informed us that he might not make it. :( I guess we'll have to carry on without him.

myself and honey bunney are coming....boaz and buffy as well.....really looking forward to smoking up the hillsides at copperheads ....the ponderosa pines show people what hospitality is all about.

I'm hanging out with MG and Little Boaz!!

They need me around to make sure nobody rustle their women folk like they did their Ohio bred cattle!

Jackalope and I will be fair and impartial judges on any and all desserts. ( at least till the money changes hands )

We are gonna have a mighty fine time!

Reckon the officials will hafta' be vetted for this one. With so many folks hinting at bribes and the like, some form of certification will be needed.

Perhaps..............................................some sort of fee?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::P:lol:

Archived