SASS Wire Forum

A big THANK YOU to Calico Mary!

Calico made three beautiful quilts to be put up for auction to benefit Relay for Life at the Ohio Championship!!

Over $1000 was raised due to her very generous gifts!!!! Iron Maiden bought one for $650!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calico made three beautiful quilts to be put up for auction to benefit Relay for Life at the Ohio Championship!!

Over $1000 was raised due to her very generous gifts!!!! Iron Maiden bought one for $650!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! A wonderful, generous person.

My wife was doing some bidding. She fell in love with one of them and it made me really really scared. I think the bidding gave me this chest pain..... Well done Mary! It was a great pleasure to see you again.

Absolutely! A wonderful, generous person.

+1000

You can add "an extremely talented artist" when it comes to

her needlework!!!

I have attempted to acquire several of her pieces but either

got outbid or did not hold the winning ticket.

Someday though...

Regards

Gateway Kid

Don't know if he still makes em, but her sweetie, Buick

is a good knife maker as well

Had the pleasure to shoot on the great Posse #5 with Calico Mary and Buick McCain. Truly great people and proud to say they are friends.

Thanks for your generosity. We will shoot together down the trail somewhere.

I shot with Calico & Buick when I lived in CO. Two of Colorado's finest !

Had the pleasure to shoot on the great Posse #5 with Calico Mary and Buick McCain. Truly great people and proud to say they are friends.

+100 ( I was also on Posse #5)

Calico, You have a great talent. I was glad you got to witness the value of your work at the auction.

Buick, It was nice to meet you as well, and sit around the camp fire. (I laughed till I cried)

Sixgun, It was a pleasure to shoot with you. Hope to shoot with you again this year but if not I'll see you at Ohio State next year. Besides, i still owe you an opportunity to yell "Come On Down Ya Big Tree"

You and Cheyenne were great T.O.'s and did a great job.

Tree

Calico and Buick are top notch people, so sorry I missed out on seeing them! :( Rye

I was so touched last year when Mary brought one quilt. This year I was in tears when she told me she had made 3! This is the 6th year Korupt Karl and I have raised money in the fight against cancer and it means more every year. For the likes of Calico Mary and Cheyenne Culpepper to step up and do what they did this year to help means so much! Thanks to all who bought raffle tickets, shot the cancer sucks stage, donated for sausage gravy, donated raffle prizes and bid on auction items. I am to tired to count right now, but will tell you the total is well over $2,000!!!!!!!

Doc, Mary, Cheyenne; ....and all that contributed. Iron Maiden....you are the best. Thanks all for what you do. It is a labor of love for Doc and I......

Cancer is a part of all of our lives in one form or shape or another.....if it hasn't affected you now, it will raise it's ugly head with you or someone dear to you.

Thank you, thank you to all who so generously gave of their time, energy, labor and money.....thanks

KK

Don't know if he still makes em, but her sweetie, Buick

is a good knife maker as well

He said he works as a cutler, so I'm guessing he still does. He is a true class act as well.

+100 ( I was also on Posse #5)

Calico, You have a great talent. I was glad you got to witness the value of your work at the auction.

Buick, It was nice to meet you as well, and sit around the camp fire. (I laughed till I cried)

Sixgun, It was a pleasure to shoot with you. Hope to shoot with you again this year but if not I'll see you at Ohio State next year. Besides, i still owe you an opportunity to yell "Come On Down Ya Big Tree"

You and Cheyenne were great T.O.'s and did a great job.

Tree

I couldn't have asked for a better posse to be on than #5! Especially considering it was my fourth match over all, spread out over several years, and my first big match. It wouldn't have happened without Mary, Buick and Mean Gun Mark.

Buick and Calico said to let you know they are passing thru Salina KS now on their way home and looking forward to getting back online tonight to pass along their own thank yous.

Buick does leather work too, he made both his rig and Calico's.

I forgot about him mentioning that, and as I recall, they are fine looking rigs.

Buick and Calico said to let you know they are passing thru Salina KS now on their way home and looking forward to getting back online tonight to pass along their own thank yous.

Safe travels!!!

Yep Buick and Calico they's from our Hood, and we are proud to claim them. :D

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all tha kind werds, but tha credit for tha money those quilts raised belongs ta all tha wunnerful folks that bid on them, especially tha three winners. Not wun of those quilts wud have brought in a single cent ifn' it wernt for their generosity!!!! I tole myself when we decided ta go back that this year I wuz NOT gonna cry in front of everyone at tha banquet like last year, those folks shur made it REALLY REALLY hard!!! Didn't quite pull it off, shed a few tears but managed ta blink tha majority back.....at least until Sunday afternoon after we said our final goodbyes and were pulling out of tha range....I bawled my head off tha hole way down Spiker Rd and even a little ways down Hwy 36, it hert so much ta be leaving y'all behind..... :wub::wub::wub:

Karl, we really missed seein' yu agin but unnerstand that yu wuz were yu needed ta be....yu and Kay are still in our thoughts and prayers every day....I asked Doc ta pass along a hug fer each of ya, make shur he dunt try ta keep em fer hisself!! ;);)

almost fergot.....I cudn't have dun it witout Buick's help and support!!

I enjoyt every minute this weekend,,, wat a generous soul you are!!!

if we cud fly you out here then you cud take in ohio and indianna bp!!!

Archived