SASS Wire Forum

Lost a cowboy pastor.

Key Hay

News from the Orygun cowboys

With sad hearts we must send news that Jeff Dorothy, better known to us as JD Alan, beloved Orygun Cowboy and our "Cowboy Pastor", passed away last night while in the hospital.

JD was one of the cowboys I looked up to. He was always there rain or shine, feeling good or bad. He would always give a prayer for the shoots right after the safety meeting. He also played a mean guitar! I will truly miss him.

The memorial service for JD Alan (Jeff Dorothy) has been scheduled for 11:00am Saturday, May 30th.

It will be held at - Family Life Church in Newberg, Oregon. (502 S St Paul Hwy - Newberg, OR 97132)

JD Alan was one of the best. He was always helpful and insightful. Always a someone who would listen if you wanted to talk. He could just tell when someone was having an issue that needed to be let out. He helped get my walk with God back on track more than once just by being himself.

A great mentor, shooter, leather worker... and friend.

I'm going to miss him, his morning prayers and his guitar.

God bless you in eternity JD as you blessed so many others.

- Fast

Prayers up for comfort for his family and friends.

JD helped me through some difficult times during my cancer treatments. He was always a pleasure to shoot with and a true gentleman. Someone you would ride the river with. Now he will be preparing a table for us, and when we meet it will be a glorious party in heaven.

I can not explain in words how great he was. I know I feel blessed to have known him, and proud to have been married to my lovely wife by him, at a match no less. It truly is a loss to this world, and a faithful addition to the kingdom of heaven. you have earned your seat at the lords table Jeff

Archived