SASS Wire Forum

Ga State Match

Dirt Merchant  # 61422

For the most part I have been gone from my Atlanta area clubs for a little over 4 years. We moved to Savannah in hopes of a semi retirement and the closest range was 2 hours north or south. I shot periodically with South River and Doc Holidays but it wasn't the same.

Last fall I strained my Achilles tendon and in January it ruptured. It's been a long time since I felt anywhere near normal.

I had surgery in March and while down I decided I was going to attempt to be at the Ga State match and at least walk while shooting. My wife and surgeon decided I was not near smart enough to not bolt when the buzzer went off.

So I asked Fast Eddie if I could vend, build some SKBs and get rid of lots of acquired stuff.

BEST DECISION IN THE LAST 4 YEARS !!

I was overwhelmed and humbled by the love and friendship that came my way. You always hope you are projecting the right persona as you go through life and I was humbled by the warmth of the reception I received from my Cowboy family. It is SO good to be back and I look forward to shooting again with all of you.

Sue Render... you are so special, RRR, thanks for your kind words

I thank each of you for your friendship, I truly feel whole again

Dirt

It's been a long time since I felt anywhere near normal.

When were you ever normal?? :D :D :D

We have missed you. I'm glad to hear you are making a recovery and hope it lasts a long time!

Dirt. You are always welcome to come play with us in the Mountains of North GA. You don't even have to shoot on the clock so you won't get so riled up!

Archived