SASS Wire Forum

Superman v. The Avengers

Aunt Jen

I know that superman us portrayed as basically with nearly unlimited strength, speed, etc, but I'm guessing he's not really quite all that super. He's probably really super, but not super super. I suspect Hollywood has embellished his story for ticket sakes.

And the Avengers is a team composed of lesser-supers. All of them are limited in what they do, but they're a team, and they combine their efforts.

Now,

Barring kryptonite, if Superman were to oppose the Avengers---say for a commission from Aliens from Outer Space who want to kill us all and harvest natural resources from the earth---would the Avengers be able to take him down?

Or a posse of SASS shooters for that matter?

The Hulk is pretty basic(stupid) when in that form and Thor isn't exactly highly educated. I figure Superman can out-think them as well as being at least as strong as them. The Hulk can't fly, either. Don't remember if Thor can. I haven't read a comic book in decades and I haven't seen the second Avengers movie, so I am no expert.

Uh... Jen? Is the sky clear enough in your neighborhood to break out the telescope...? :rolleyes:

Yes, and I have 2. But why? What am I looking for?

Now,,I gather from Chris Reeves that Superman can fly fast enough to go back in time to win the fight.

How could the Avengers fix that?

:lol::lol:

Oh... I dunno... just thought it might be somethin' funner to do. ^_^

Two? Celestron? Orion...? :)

:lol::lol:

Oh... I dunno... just thought it might be somethin' funner to do. ^_^

Two? Celestron? Orion...? :)

One is a 5" Meade catadioptric, motorized equatorial mount. I don't kmow if it's Schmidt-Cassegrain or Maksutov. It's best for planets.

The other is a simple, cheap 3" refractor, good for looking at the moon.

I used to have star parties, but not for a long time

Between Thor and Hulk, I don't see how superman would stand a chance. Now there's Vision ... I don't even know what he can do.

Superman could beat Hulk into unconsciousness, whereupon he becomes Bruce Banner again. Thor can be hurt or killed, it just takes a lot.

Vision can "phase", pretty much like Kitty Pryde of The X Men.

One is a 5" Meade catadioptric, motorized equatorial mount. I don't kmow if it's Schmidt-Cassegrain or Maksutov. It's best for planets.

The other is a simple, cheap 3" refractor, good for looking at the moon.

I used to have star parties, but not for a long time

Schmidt-Cassegrain... Maksutov-Cassegrain... it's been over forty years since I took an astronomy class. I'm impressed! :)

And sorry about deflecting your thread; it brought back convoluted memories of being a little kid in Southern California. Used to watch the Engineer Bill show; Bill [stulla] would show really cool Superman cartoons from time to time, and would have the "real" Superman in the studio... who turned out to be my next-door neighbor. And my last memory of the fella (we moved) was of him and a telescope. Sheesh... that would've been something like 1955 or '56... :huh:

I know that superman us portrayed as basically with nearly unlimited strength, speed, etc, but I'm guessing he's not really quite all that super. He's probably really super, but not super super. I suspect Hollywood has embellished his story for ticket sakes.

And the Avengers is a team composed of lesser-supers. All of them are limited in what they do, but they're a team, and they combine their efforts.

Now,

Barring kryptonite, if Superman were to oppose the Avengers---say for a commission from Aliens from Outer Space who want to kill us all and harvest natural resources from the earth---would the Avengers be able to take him down?

Or a posse of SASS shooters for that matter?

"Do you think that Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?"

"No way - Mighty Mouse is a cartoon; Superman is a real guy. No way a cartoon could beat up a real guy."

From Stand By Me, with Wil Wheaton, Corey Feldman and River Phoenix

LL

Superman is and always will be the ultimate superhero and it's not Hollywood that embellished his story, he's been the ultimate since the beginning. Read some old Superman comics and you'll see the incredible things he can do!

Superman rules! ;)

I would have to agree with Rye...and Jerry Seinfeld. ;)

I say it totally depends on how you write the script, as that's where the superpower is. If you want a bunch of SASS shooters to be able to bring him down, you can. Just like when a guy or gal can fire unlimited bullets from a six-gun without reloading. It's in the script! :D

So writers are more powerful than Superman...

Then a writer could fix it so that Lucille Ball could defeat Superman-----such as----the story reveals that, like Roy Battie, like tyrell says, "he who burns twice as bright burns half as long."

So it turns out Superman burns out his energy cell reserves after 80 years, becomes weak like a human, and Lucy drops a heavy box of chocolates on his head...

Like that??

Superman is and always will be the ultimate superhero and it's not Hollywood that embellished his story, he's been the ultimate since the beginning. Read some old Superman comics and you'll see the incredible things he can do!

Superman rules! ;)

just remember You don't pull on superman's cape.

So writers are more powerful than Superman...

Then a writer could fix it so that Lucille Ball could defeat Superman-----such as----the story reveals that, like Roy Battie, like tyrell says, "he who burns twice as bright burns half as long."

So it turns out Superman burns out his energy cell reserves after 80 years, becomes weak like a human, and Lucy drops a heavy box of chocolates on his head...

Like that??

'zactly!

The only one that might stand a chance against Superman, is Captain Marvel.

No way!!

Do you know why there have been no Superman sightings outside of TV and the movies? It's because I killed him.

Wait...

Are you really Chuck Norris???? :o

:lol::lol::P:D

Superman could beat Hulk into unconsciousness, whereupon he becomes Bruce Banner again. Thor can be hurt or killed, it just takes a lot.

Vision can "phase", pretty much like Kitty Pryde of The X Men.

Can Thor be killed? He's a god and not sure you can kill a god. And even unconscious, wouldn't the part that's the Hulk protect Banner for death? As far as I know, the Hulk is indestructible. I think the rest of the avengers would be pretty worthless though after about a minute. Superman could ruin Ironman's suit with heat vision and the others couldn't do much else. Maybe Captain America's shield can protect him, but that's about it. Ok now I am thinking way too hard about this. Time to go back to work.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. POPEYE could whoop all of em, IF HE HAS HIS SPINACH.

LOOK AT WHAT HE DID TO BRUTUS.

NOW yer talkin'!! ;)

Superman already died once and then came back! I have the comic book to prove it! :P

DON'T MESS WITH SUPERMAN!!!!!

Can Thor be killed? He's a god and not sure you can kill a god. And even unconscious, wouldn't the part that's the Hulk protect Banner for death? As far as I know, the Hulk is indestructible. I think the rest of the avengers would be pretty worthless though after about a minute. Superman could ruin Ironman's suit with heat vision and the others couldn't do much else. Maybe Captain America's shield can protect him, but that's about it. Ok now I am thinking way too hard about this. Time to go back to work.

I can't say about Thor, but Bruce Banner talks about shooting himself and the Hulk spitting the bullet out, so he'd be hard to kill. As Bruce Banner he might be subject to dying from decapitation, as long as he didn't see it coming

As a teenager Clark wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack. He caused Mr and Mrs Kent lots of problems. Mr Kent finally had an idea. "Boy," he asked, "Just how high can you jump?" "Dunno." Clark replied. "Try it and see." Nobody has seen him since.

Superman can't be that tough. Batman is about to put a whoopin on him. Besides, even if he could beat the avengers one on one, that wasn't the question.

Batman vs. Superman??? You've got to be kidding me! Superman could blow him over with an exhale!

Yes, but Batman is BATMAN. :)

Batman has no super powers, it's all gimmicks kinda like a James Bond on steroids. He's a human like all of us, SUPERMAN on the other hand is a being from another planet with powers that exceed the common man. Faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound, bend steel in his bare hands, and who disguised as Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter, fights for Truth, Justice and the Amercian way! :FlagAm:B)

Archived