SASS Wire Forum

my cv 500 is still running (Dillon Vibratory cleaner)

I didn't crimp the end tight enough last time and the armature feel out,,, no wonder it quit!!! put it back and crimped it better and it's running as I type and eat my breakfast....

a while ago I replaced the lower bearing to get it running, then today it wudn't run.

hmmph!!!!! i sez to myself. I figure it's dead and start searching the web for a replacement. too much hassle, shipping or drive a ways to see if someone has them, and then pay out bucks for a new one...

go back out to the garage,,,, gee it spins freely when off and the bearings are still good.. take it all apart to get to the motor,,,, take it apart,,,, it's filthy so i clean it best I can, both the shaft and windings and the armature,,,

put it back together,,,, and presto!!!!! it's humming away again!!!!

btw, dillon no longer makes the cv 500 and has no motors for them, but if you send it in they will give you a $40 discount on a new 750..

I'm happy again,,, and dint spend a dime!

not so happy, it quit again!!

Still have & use the Frankfort Arsenal I bought in 2004. Had to put a little JB Weld on the motor bushing once.

My RCBS vibrator motor insists I take it apart and clean and re-lube the shaft bushings about every 12 months. When it starts getting warm when it runs, or slows down some, I lube the bearings. Running about 11 years at this point.

Good luck, GJ

purchased my Dillon in 1994, its still chugging away

I got lucky. Last year my Dillon vibratory cleaner that I bought in 1987 finally burned out a bearing. I couldn't find any replacement bearings so I went over to Dillon to see if they had replacement or rebuilt motors. The lady in the showroom said unfortunately the company that made the motor was out of business and there were no replacements. I was about to buy a new cleaner when one of the guys from the production center walked by and said "wow, you've got a Turbo Sucker 9000 (or whatever the model was called in 1987) I haven't seen one of those in years!" After talking awhile he said my machine was built before Dillon started placing limited warranties on electrical and electronics items and was covered by the no BS warranty. They replaced it with a new CV-2001. I expect that this clearner will last longer than I will.

purchased my Dillon in 1994, its still chugging away

So did I, still running like a charm :)

related equipment...

I dropped the rotary case cage, the thingy you dump the cases into to separate the cases from the tumbling media, on a concrete floor. Broke the latch. I called Dillon to buy a replacement. Couldn't do it. They sent me a replacement for free.

"But it was my fault. I dropped it."

"No problem, sir. We will get a replacement out to you."

Incredible.

I've been using my Dillon 500 since 2003..

Thinkin' the first year of use the little knob that holds the top on came apart.. :blush:

Called Dillon.. They sent a new one ... No charge.. :)

Rance ;)

Thinkin' i'll probably get another Dillon if it goes out in my lifetime :)

tha bugger quit again!!!! went out hunting and came back and it was sure quiet,,, toooooo quiet!!!

I got lucky. Last year my Dillon vibratory cleaner that I bought in 1987 finally burned out a bearing. I couldn't find any replacement bearings so I went over to Dillon to see if they had replacement or rebuilt motors. The lady in the showroom said unfortunately the company that made the motor was out of business and there were no replacements. I was about to buy a new cleaner when one of the guys from the production center walked by and said "wow, you've got a Turbo Sucker 9000 (or whatever the model was called in 1987) I haven't seen one of those in years!" After talking awhile he said my machine was built before Dillon started placing limited warranties on electrical and electronics items and was covered by the no BS warranty. They replaced it with a new CV-2001. I expect that this clearner will last longer than I will.

Yep, the "2000" model or some such. They replaced mine with the CV-2001 several years back... but then when it gave up the ghost 2 years ago... they told me it didn't have the same warranty... But, they replaced the bottom end for like ½ price of a new one. Runs, works as well as the other... but still a bit miffed about losin' the No BS Warranty from my original purchase.

got it going again,,,, the shaft fell out because I hadn't crimped it tightly enuff.

running now....

Archived