SASS Wire Forum

The "WidderSmack"

Red Knee

Here's a video that's pretty "awesome" in my book!

Whether or not you shoot a 97, one can really appreciate the precision and mastery that Widder has created with his countless hours of practice.....heck even Cheyenne Culpepper and Korupt Karl might even appreciate this one.

Another great 97 run....4.40....and some very good practice tips from one of the best 97 shooters in the game.

Enjoy the "WidderSmack".....

i know widder will see this eventually, i do have one question for him. does recoil have any play with that time? 6 in 4.40 is beast mode at the least. Live fire and hitting what you aim at, is there a difference? and if there is, do you know how much?

that's impressive! with or without powder,,, a nice sweet load and borg concentration shuddn't slow it tooooo much....

Red Knee: your challenge earlier this year perked my interest alittle. I hope to be ready for you at Hell Fire.

Lumpy: No cut fingers were obtained in the filming of this video. BUT, it is wise to keep your fingernails trimmed short when doing this type practice.

Tater: For me, live fire is probably more exilerating (sp) and speed is not affected. Sometimes, its enhanced. I have had live fire splits recorded as low as .37 and pickups (going back to my belt for next pair and firing) in as little as .97 time. As far as hitting my targets, when I can stay focused on the lower portion of the targets, I am as accurate as all the other SG shooters. But when I focus ON the target, I will shoot over it. And its not uncommon for ME to have a couple SG makeups during every 5 stage match.

Hope this answers the questions. More important, I hope some of the info I put in the videos has helped a few folks with their 97 techniques, etc...

Oh Yea, one more thing: Red Knee coined the phrase 'WidderSmack' so you can blame that on him... :D

..........Widder

Widder Smack......is that a new type of drug???/ Another awesome performance from the Widdermaker......nice job.

KK

Widder Smack......is that a new type of drug???/ Another awesome performance from the Widdermaker......nice job.

KK

BUT...was I able to help you with anything in the some of the techniques, etc... ?

Its good to do a video and have a good practice run to get folks attention, but I am mostly hoping that some of the info I shared in practice techniques, speed drills and timer usage has helped a few folks.

Thanks for everyones kind words and I look forward to shooting with abunch of you this summer.

TATER: keep Sidekick away from my 97. I've already heard some rumors of his pending shenanigans for me and you. Keep your eyes open wide when he's around... ;)

..........Widder

Widder...we got Sidekick under surveillance here in GA at the state match this weekend and so far as we can tell he ain't using your 97....his is much faster!!

Kajun

Widder...we got Sidekick under surveillance here in GA at the state match this weekend and so far as we can tell he ain't using your 97....his is much faster!!

Kajun

Thanks Krazy. Keep your eyes peeled wide open on him.

p.s. - he must be using Taters '97 .......... :D:D:D

hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

Widder Smack......is that a new type of drug???/

KK

I thought it was a new dance :o .......load two to the left........load two to the right........give it a smack and we'll dance all night :wacko:

Nice work Widder :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Hey, by the way....I have an extra 97 that was a special that Coyote Cap imported....if anyone is interested....pm me. I paid 625....that's all I need. I should be at Ohio, Mich, Indiana, GOA and the International BP shoot if we could do a FTF. I realize this isn't the right place to advertise, but I thought there would be a lot of attention.

Thanks

KK

WidderSlapoMatic upgrade....there ought to be such a mod for 97 shotguns. Wonder what that mod would consist of?

Kajun

Hey, by the way....I have an extra 97 that was a special that Coyote Cap imported....if anyone is interested....pm me. I paid 625....that's all I need. I should be at Ohio, Mich, Indiana, GOA and the International BP shoot if we could do a FTF. I realize this isn't the right place to advertise, but I thought there would be a lot of attention.

Thanks

KK

FYI: I use one of those CC 97's recently imported as my main match SG. It has been flawless. When I do my part, it runs like a sewing machine.

..........Widder

Archived