SASS Wire Forum

Why oh Why?

Aunt Jen

Lemme try again:

OMG! Double OMG!

There I was, stumbling in a stupor. You all know the feeling. Wondering aimlessly in a fog, thoughts not formed well enough to even worry about it: just the feelings of need and worry, past comprehension, the car long forgotten.

I stumbled over what was obviously a double duelist---so the saloons must have closed---and hit my head on a wooden doorway of some kind. I don't know what it was, but I think it was a house of I'll repute of some kind owned by a guy---Dennie was it?

They rushed me out of there, so I stumbled on my way, like a zombie with no brains to eat, exhausted, not even a thought to form.

When all of a sudden, I had this Vision: the most miraculous thing, a full Monty chilidog with cheese and onions---no mustard.

I didn't know what to say! I couldn't think! It looked like Hardpan Curmudgen, so I nearly went the other way,,but he was holding the chilidog, beckoning, beckoning.

I reached out, and like all chilidog deficient stumblers who are mistaken for zombies, I said, "Aaaaarrrgh...," weakly so.

The vision of Hardpan said, "Aaaaaargh" right back, so I took a few steps toward him. He retreated. I stepped some more....

Until, all of a sufden, i found myself in some humane place with a woman standing in front of me, hovering over me---me stretched out on a gurney, with three paramedics slowly putting little bits of chilidog in my mouth.

YES, you're right---what you're thinking: I'd followed the vision of the chilidog all the way to DODGER STADIUM, life, and civility.

QUESTION

I can see why they call them wieners. But why do they call them dogs?

Lemme try again:

OMG! Double OMG!

There I was, stumbling in a stupor. You all know the feeling. Wondering aimlessly in a fog, thoughts not formed well enough to even worry about it: just the feelings of need and worry, past comprehension, the car long forgotten.

I stumbled over what was obviously a double duelist---so the saloons must have closed---and hit my head on a wooden doorway of some kind. I don't know what it was, but I think it was a house of I'll repute of some kind owned by a guy---Dennie was it?

They rushed me out of there, so I stumbled on my way, like a zombie with no brains to eat, exhausted, not even a thought to form.

When all of a sudden, I had this Vision: the most miraculous thing, a full Monty chilidog with cheese and onions---no mustard.

I didn't know what to say! I couldn't think! It looked like Hardpan Curmudgen, so I nearly went the other way,,but he was holding the chilidog, beckoning, beckoning.

I reached out, and like all chilidog deficient stumblers who are mistaken for zombies, I said, "Aaaaarrrgh...," weakly so.

The vision of Hardpan said, "Aaaaaargh" right back, so I took a few steps toward him. He retreated. I stepped some more....

Until, all of a sufden, i found myself in some humane place with a woman standing in front of me, hovering over me---me stretched out on a gurney, with three paramedics slowly putting little bits of chilidog in my mouth.

YES, you're right---what you're thinking: I'd followed the vision of the chilidog all the way to DODGER STADIUM, life, and civility.

QUESTION

I can see why they call them wieners. But why do they call them dogs?

Because they most closely resemble a sausage associated with Vienna.

Dog? Likely from the 1600s and Germans eating "dachshund" sausages.

Our Google-fu is strong.

Back in days of yore, when a plague or drought would linger around for a couple years, and people were doing everything possible to stay warm during the winter months, folks were starting to eat their dogs.

Summer time was bad weather and crops were scarce. It got even worse during the winter months and folks were starting to sacrifice their pets in order to have new 'baloney' for an afternoon meal.

Therefore came the name............ Chili Dog.

..........Widder

Back in days of yore, when a plague or drought would linger around for a couple years, and people were doing everything possible to stay warm during the winter months, folks were starting to eat their dogs.

Summer time was bad weather and crops were scarce. It got even worse during the winter months and folks were starting to sacrifice their pets in order to have new 'baloney' for an afternoon meal.

..........Widder

OMG ROTFLMAO :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

BTW you owe me a keyboard and monitor

..........Widder

You made that up, dintcha? :P:lol:

Archived