SASS Wire Forum

Best Brand of Box Wine

Aunt Jen

He don' like chili dogs... or perhaps hot dogs at all: "Tube steak. You can keep it..."

So, he'd likely be happy at Angels ("Halos") games where they don't have chili dogs. :)

That said... reminiscent of the Heinz blue and green ketchup back during the turn of the century, would you like mustard on your dawg if it was "Dodger Blue?" :lol:

But...

Did I miss it?

Has the question been asked - which wines compliment chili dog...? :huh:

Edit: I'm thinking, in keeping with the spirit of economy yet taste, perhaps a sparkling Portuguese rose', like Lancers, or Mateus... :rolleyes:

Has the question been asked - which wines compliment chili dog...? :huh:

Edit: I'm thinking, in keeping with the spirit of economy yet taste, perhaps a sparkling Portuguese rose', like Lancers, or Mateus... :rolleyes:

Budweiser. Or if you're in high society, Michelob.

For actual wines I think I'd go for a merlot with chili dogs. For dogs without the chili sauce I think I'd like a dry white.

Who started talking about chilidogs?

Wait....

Who are you, and what have you done with our Aunt Jen...? :blink:

Hmmm....

Jen or Pod?

Waft a wurst nicely dressed with chili, cheese, and onion (no mustard) in front of her and watch for reaction.

If none, be prepared to run. :huh:

:)

I bought a good box of wine. I can make a chilidachschund sandwich here every bit ad good as any at Dodger Sradium, though the atmosphere is not as entertaining.

NEW QUESTION

What is the best plastic cup to drink it from?

Handy cup. :)

What iff I spoil this exquisite wine with the left when it should be the right? What if paper would being out the fruity flavor? Waxed or not? What about styrofoam?

Ugh!

So many decisions.

My guess---and I may be wrong--is that the chili on the dachshund sandwich----Hormel vs Dennison's---that I am washing down with the wine, may influence the delicate balance of flavors in the wine more than the type of cup.

And if so---speaking as a budding chilidachshund sandwich drip formerly under pressure---then you're right.

With that:

NEW QUESTION:

What brand of chili is best for the dachshund?

What brand of chili is best for the dachshund?

Homebrew!

Although I have it on good authority that this stuff is very good: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Buffalo-s-Own-Texas-Brand-Texas-Hots-Hot-Dog-Sauce-Instant-Mix-Packet/25126201

Never tried it myself, but anything's got to be better than that canned swamp muck they sell at my local store.

Okay, but THICK. it should NOT soak the bun.

It should rest on the top, hold cheese, and gush out the sides when you bite

I've never been a fan of cheese on a chili dog, but other than that I agree. The sauce should be thick enough to retain its position until compressive force is applied.

The Texas brand sauce mix (which is made in Buffalo - go figure) lists bread crumbs as its first ingredient, so it's probably fairly thick. I'm going to see if I can find some locally and try it.

Well....

I do believe that the box of wine I bought must be different from whatever Walter Matthau had in Grumpy Old Men 2, even though it does have a genuine plastic valve on it---because it was awful.

So I asked my trash can if he would like it, and I'm assured microbes where-ever they may be would be thrilled to have it---a bunch of drunk microbes. That's what the world needs.

So I have gifted my trash can with the 90% that remains.

Yuk. It was bad. :)

Ill have to try again sometime.

It wouldn't even do to chase a chili dog...?

So... what was it?

A review would be appreciated; it might help us in our own procurement decisions. :)

Toast the bun first.

Get a moderately priced Shiraz or Shiraz/Cabernet blend. Let it breathe or use an aerator.

The Shiraz has a little peppery aftertaste that will compliment the chili dog nicely.

Probably should have some Tums handy just in case, though.

This bad box was Franzia Chillable Red-Get-Something-Else.

Oh, yeah. I probably should have warned you about that one. Sorry. It's nasty.

Turkey Creek Vic mentioned Bota Box wine. I've had the merlot and it's decent.

Good God, girl! Canned chili and box wine? :wacko: You need some counseling. :lol:

And the best 'canned' chili is? :)

The one you don't open. ;)

And the best 'canned' chili is? :)

I was in a club once, and the ladies tried to get me to cook a meal....

I explained, "No problem. I've run an experiment and learned that store brand chili is just as good as Hormel chili."

They quit asking me.

(The truth is that I never did anything with that club. Different frequency. I don't like to smoke and drink, so that about did it there. I wound up leaving the club.)

The best canned chili is----the one u don't open, like UB said.

I was in a club once, and the ladies tried to get me to cook a meal....

I explained, "No problem. I've run an experiment and learned that store brand chili is just as good as Hormel chili."

They quit asking me.

(The truth is that I never did anything with that club. Different frequency. I don't like to smoke and drink, so that about did it there. I wound up leaving the club.)

The best canned chili is----the one u don't open, like UB said.

Don't smoke 'and' drink...... got it... but you drink box wine,,,, right? Just don't smoke at the same time. :D smoke what? ;) Depends if you are in Washington State or Colorado or someplace else. :unsure:

Back to the topic..... Hormel canned chili in now the bench mark to judge all other canned chilils too. LOL. COSCO house brand? or Sams Club house brand? Walmart in the race?

Lol. :) I don't smoke anything, wouldn't even if legal. 6th grade science experiment: machine to smoke a cigarette, looking at ugly buildup on cotton. Do NOT want that in my lungs.

I'm afraid I'm not good at box wine, either.

I don't even like (most) wines.

I had a course in wine, once. Fit my schedule. I told the prof. "I don't like wine, though. Your course just fits my schedule. Don't make me drink any."

He said I didn't have to but i did a kittle.

Am at Dodger game at this time.

Ibkearned we're in golden age of wine, scientific method applied. Even a cheap bottle nay be as good as expensive.

But I still have trouble finding any I enjoy.

I just don't like substances

Archived