SASS Wire Forum

2 Mississippi Police Officers Killed

Big Sarge

Two officers from Hattiesburg PD were gunned down Saturday night. The shooting occurred during a traffic stop. After the officers were shot, the suspects fled the scene in a patrol car. Four suspects are now in custody, two of them were accessories after the fact. In CBS reporting, they quickly noted:

and come amid a national debate on policing, race and the use of deadly force, following the recent killings of unarmed black men by police in Missouri, South Carolina and elsewhere.

Quick to reference "alleged police brutality" when 2 officers in MS are killed. Makes my blood boil. It looks like it will be a long hot summer for police officers across the nation. I'm glad I hung up my badge a while back.

Please remember decorum in replies so Ms Allie Mo doesn't have to pull this

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/09/police-officers-shot-hattiesburg-miss/27072641/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-cops-shot-dead-in-hattiesburg-mississippi-three-suspects-arrested/

Yep, the media does like to stir the pot. Condolences to the officers families and brothers in blue.

I'm afraid we are entering a period of some very dark days for law enforcement officers. :(

My deepest condolences and sympathy for their families and friends.

I also offer up a prayer for all that this madness soon comes to a peaceful end.

I had my taste of being hated for the uniform I wore in 1968 when I returned from VN. I don't think I could take it as a cop nowadays. I'd have to hang it up and protect me and mine. Let the animals run the zoo for a while. Maybe then some respect would be rendered.

Prayers up for the families. :FlagAm:

Archived