SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Most Wanted

Ace, you have the quote wrong. It doesn't say anything about "failure to shoot a gun".

RO1 page 24:

Procedural Penalties:

Failure to attempt to fire a firearm.

Definitions: RO1 page 30

ENGAGED: attempting to fire a round at the target.

See PaleWolf's post earlier on this thread. Bang, Bang, MEETS the definition of Engaged.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ace, you have the quote wrong. It doesn't say anything about "failure to shoot a gun".

RO1 page 24:

Procedural Penalties:

See PaleWolf's post earlier on this thread. Bang, Bang, MEETS the definition of Engaged.

I'm not Ace.

I know PWB states that Bang, Bang meets the definition.......but it doesn't. Imaginary rounds are not real.........if they were, they'd been a whole lot of neighborhood kids dead from playing Cowboys and Indians when we were kids. :P

FWIW, I have the upmost respect and gratitude for the unpaid, under appreciated job that PWB does.....just don't get this ruling.

CS

CS, how about shouldering the shotgun and pulling both triggers for a click click? After all the P for for failure to attempt to fire a gun, not a round.

CS, how about shouldering the shotgun and pulling both triggers for a click click? After all the P for for failure to attempt to fire a gun, not a round.

Dave, that kind of the point.....there's no round in the gun. If for some reason, there was 2 rounds in the S x S and neither fired, that's engaged (attempting to fire a round at the target) If there is not round in the gun, then how could one attempt to fire a round at the target?

Around these parts it is going to be just two misses no P. I agree with that and even if I were inclined to call a P I would still keep my mouth shut. Reason being I have no desire to be lynched from the nearby windmill...

Gee, lets apply that attitude to all the rules we don't like. I'm not fond of misses.............so this weekend I'm going to call every shooter clean!

It's not like this occurs all the time................

Ya gotta do what's right and fair..........now that you know

RO 1 page 24

10- SECOND PENALTIES

Procedural Penalties

Any unintentional procedural errors caused by “brain fade,” confusion, ignorance, or mistakes (not to exceed one for any given stage).

• Failure to attempt to fire a firearm.

Says firearm, not round.

RO 1 page 24

Says firearm, not round.

I guess one part of the confusion is that this thread had morphed (imagine that) into several different issues. On the OP, no doubt the shooter earned a P and 2 unfired round penalties. This is not what I was referring to with the engaged issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

A search of the RO 1 on the word engage shows it used in connection with the SOG / FTE penalty, things talking about the next guns targets being engaged, and of course the definition that does include the word round.

I guess I missed how any of that relates to either the OP (skipping the shotgun after the rifle) or subsequent discussions about failing to bring enough shotgun ammo to the line.

I guess in focusing on the finer points that I have been I totally missed the finer points you seem to be focusing on. In other words I probably skimmed over the post where you made your point.

"Engage" (a target) was used as a substitute for "fire a firearm," in applying that rule from page 24. They sure are similar, but I don't buy it that they are the same.

Good luck, GJ

come on guys, keep trying. We HAVE to get to page 5 :P:D:D

Like I said back on page 3, the SASS definition of "Engaged" is different than in other sports. As PaleWolf has already said, whether you like it or not, pointing the firearm at the target and saying something like Bang, Bang, fulfills the SASS definition of Engaged.

BINGO !!!! We have a winner - 5 pages

Around these parts it is going to be just two misses no P. I agree with that and even if I were inclined to call a P I would still keep my mouth shut. Reason being I have no desire to be lynched from the nearby windmill...

Self-preservation over doing the right thing...should not be how one plays this game.

So you don't make the call...and some other TO on another posse does the right thing and makes the call...and there goes the competition.

Phantom

Seems like simply a P and 2 misses... any other call goes against the laws of common sense. No need to pile on additional penalties...

Do I hear 6 pages??!!! Since I am riding shotgun w/nothing better to do for the next 8 hours lets say it's a split pistol scenario & shooter forgets to load pistols. The sequence is R-P-S-P, 4 positions. Shoots rifle @ pos 1 then moves to pos 2 click, no bang, realizes forgot to load pistols, holsters & moves to pos 3 & shoots shotgun. So in order to avoid the P shooter needs to move to pos 4, draw pistol & engage the target at least one click or "bang" (even though the timer will not pick up said "bang" & TO is still probably standing at pos 3 going "wth??")? Correct?

As I understand the thread. The shooter earned the Procedural as soon as he shot the shotgun.

The Procedural is for not loading the pistols and failing to correct the situation on the clock.

As soon as the shooter shot the shotgun he negated his ability to correct the situation.

What the shooter does with the second pistol is not a factor. Unless they decide to load the second pistol with properly obtained ammo.

As I understand the thread. The shooter earned the Procedural as soon as he shot the shotgun.

The Procedural is for not loading the pistols and failing to correct the situation on the clock.

As soon as the shooter shot the shotgun he negated his ability to correct the situation.

What the shooter does with the second pistol is not a factor. Unless they decide to load the second pistol with properly obtained ammo.

I would suggest you go to Page 1, Post 1

<_<

RO1 page 24:

Procedural Penalties:

If the shooter yell's PEW PEW PEW is it still good? ;)

Archived