SASS Wire Forum

Sellier & Bellot Primers

Did the gun function correctly?

I have never had any issue with anything with the S&B label on it.

I have about 5K of their 5.56mm NATO ammo and my M4 eats it up. Used the ammo at Gunsite and never an issue in the 1200+ rnds fired in the class.

Have fired both their .45acp and .40S&W extensively(Gunsite classes)with no malfunctions.

Respectfully,

OLG

I'd heard similar knocks against S&B ammo but I picked up some for my Mosin-Nagant because there was a deal on it, and I was used to cleaning it right away because I'd been shooting corrosive surplus ammo in it. The S&B shot well and was less dirty than the surplus. (Not a high bar to clear, but good enough I'd be willing to use S&B again.)

Did the gun function correctly?

I have about 5K of their 5.56mm NATO ammo and my M4 eats it up. Used the ammo at Gunsite and never an issue in the 1200+ rnds fired in the class.

Have fired both their .45acp and .40S&W extensively(Gunsite classes)with no malfunctions.

Respectfully,

OLG

No issue with function. Just very dirty chamber and barrel after half a box.

LL

I've probably loaded and shot 10 to 12,000 S&B large pistol primers with not one fail to fire. I've shot them in .45 colts tuned by Bob Munden and Ruger Bisleys with lightened springs and also Pedersoli Lightnings and Uberti 1873 rifles and never had one not go bang. I can't say the same about Winchester which I used to use. In my Munden Colts I had many Winchester fail to fire, YMMV.

Archived