SASS Wire Forum

"Hell Fire '15," Don't miss this match ! September 25-27

Slick McClade

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widder......

You just hafta keep bringing that up.... that one time fluke thing... :)

Red Knee

2....# of days till Widder hands over the title. :)

So, I guess if you whoop up on me this year, it will just be a One Time Fluke Thing..... :lol:

Aint Dunit is trying to butter me up with his bet on me cause I got his rifle in my safe right now..... and he's wanting it back.

Truth be known, his bet was probably only a Nickel..... ;)

..........Widder

Breaking NEWS just got a tip from my friend Peter out in Vegas.

Red Knee is at 4 to 1 at winning the 97 speed shotgun at Hell Fire over Window Cleaner Hill (Widder) so smart money is on Eee Zzz (Red Knee)

I'll take some of those odds. I just saw Widder hit a 4.3 on six. Smoking! Of course it took him a 5 gallon bucket of shells to do it, but he says he is bringing two buckets to La.

Barkeeper: Glad you didn't say anything about that little bobble I had.

Consolation Prize for Red Knee: I'm gonna let him have all my empty hulls ........ ;)

...........Widder

Barkeeper: Glad you didn't say anything about that little bobble I had.

Consolation Prize for Red Knee: I'm gonna let him have all my empty hulls ........ ;)

...........Widder

Some consolation prize....only 6 hulls :o

Kajun

Ok Wee Nee now iam puttn my money on the long shot 20-1 Widder

What did you call me? And you're changin' your bet and placing it on an old timer?

Are ya feelin' alright Dunit? ;)

Red Knee

Stumpmans Comin! And hells Comin with me....or at least a couple of real

Marlins for sale, 1 stock, 1 slicked but neither are widdermatic! Hmmmmmmm

Howdy Stumpman.

I have handled Marlins that were super slick and smooth that weren't Widdermatics. There are some great gunsmiths in our game who have done wonders in making the Marlins feel great.

The biggest deal with the Widdermatic is that its helped some 'Safe Queens' get back on the firing line because of its reliability. As a by product, most of them also are very slick and easy to handle.

I won't claim they are slicker than other Marlins. But the angle/slant feed system (Widdermatic) sure helps in reliability by eliminating carrier roll offs and also eliminates a lot of the cartridge Overall Length sensitivities that a lot of Marlins seem to have.

I recently set up a 'Widdermajik' for a shooter in Chattanooga that will handle the Cowboy 45 Special at 1.240 AND the .45 Colt at 1.640.......interchangeably. This is a variance of 4/10 of an inch.

I've only set up about 4 of these and normally won't do it unless I have nothing else to do..... because it takes alittle time.

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting you this Friday.

What calibers are those Marlins?

Any .32's?

..........Widder

I have several of my own and all that I have are.357. I have two with widdermatic one my dad gave me that I would like to try to do the widdermatic on myself. I have done a lot of smith work but yet to tackle your modifications. Yep, they sure make great guns! We'll be there Thursday evening. Look forward to meeting and having a great weekend. I'm bringing "Splatter" with an awesome 7.5 on six!! Bout the best I can do so I'll be looking for some tips!!

I have several of my own and all that I have are.357. I have two with widdermatic one my dad gave me that I would like to try to do the widdermatic on myself. I have done a lot of smith work but yet to tackle your modifications. Yep, they sure make great guns! We'll be there Thursday evening. Look forward to meeting and having a great weekend. I'm bringing "Splatter" with an awesome 7.5 on six!! Bout the best I can do so I'll be looking for some tips!!

SG97 tips will be free. Probably because they won't be worth much..... :lol::lol::lol:

Bring your 7.5 and you will be more than welcome. 7.5 is a respectable time.

Whoop up on Red Knee and become a Legend... ;)

..........Widder

Well, GUESS WHO called me today?

Yep, THE POPE!

He wished me well at the big shoot this weekend.

Then he ask for Red Knee's phone number and I ask..... "Why are you gonna call him...to wish him well also?"

The Pope said: "Naw, I was thinking about giving him his last rites and such for Friday's side matches".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

Well, GUESS WHO called me today?

Yep, THE POPE!

He wished me well at the big shoot this weekend.

Then he ask for Red Knee's phone number and I ask..... "Why are you gonna call him...to wish him well also?"

The Pope said: "Naw, I was thinking about giving him his last rites and such for Friday's side matches".

:lol:

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

:):):):):)

Dang Widder....I figured you had some connections but I had no idea you and the pope was tight.....I'm surprised the pope even knew who I was....guess I've impressed some of the "higher ups" with my 97 doins' and didn't even know it!!!! :lol:

See you soon my friend, not the pope, you Widder!

Red Knee

Red Knee,

A good friend of mine and I went to Italy a couple summers back and while over there, I was being greeted by a few folks who knew me......probably during my Navy days.

Anyhow, my friend started kidding me about knowing everybody. And of course, I said I even knew the Pope.

Well, he could not accept that as true so he made me a bet that I didn't know the Pope. Of course, I told him we would visit the Vatican and I would prove to him that I knew the Pope.

As security was tight, I told him I would go into the Vatican and see the Pope but he would have to remain outside.

Well, while visiting the Pope, we walk out on His balcony to wave to everyone down on the Plaza and suddenly I noticed my friend was laying flat on the ground.....motionless.

I quickly ran down to see what happened. I was told that when me and the Pope walked out on the balcony, this beautiful young Italian woman leaned over to my friend and ask......... "Hey, who is that standing up there next to Widder"?

And the next thing that happened is that my friend passed out on the ground.

Another true story.

:D

..........Widder

OMG Red Knee ......GET UP!!!!!!!

Red Knee,

A good friend of mine and I went to Italy a couple summers back and while over there, I was being greeted by a few folks who knew me......probably during my Navy days.

Anyhow, my friend started kidding me about knowing everybody. And of course, I said I even knew the Pope.

Well, he could not accept that as true so he made me a bet that I didn't know the Pope. Of course, I told him we would visit the Vatican and I would prove to him that I knew the Pope.

As security was tight, I told him I would go into the Vatican and see the Pope but he would have to remain outside.

Well, while visiting the Pope, we walk out on His balcony to wave to everyone down on the Plaza and suddenly I noticed my friend was laying flat on the ground.....motionless.

I quickly ran down to see what happened. I was told that when me and the Pope walked out on the balcony, this beautiful young Italian woman leaned over to my friend and ask......... "Hey, who is that standing up there next to Widder"?

And the next thing that happened is that my friend passed out on the ground.

Another true story.

:D

..........Widder

Dang Widder....after a whopper that big I think your nose is gonna get in the way of you getting your head far enough down on the stock of the Enchantress to properly aim that 97 :D:lol:

Kajun

Whew....Red Knee and Widowmaker Hill = Scorchin times. Not certain who won out at the end. Mighty fine shooting on the 97 shotguns.

Interesting, a right handed shooter vs a left handed shooter. Should come out sometime who won this go round.

Archived