SASS Wire Forum

"Hell Fire '15," Don't miss this match ! September 25-27

Slick McClade

Widder....I think Red Knee has something planned for ya pard. He's done got a head start on getting a home field advantage. I gotta a friend what lives purdy close to Slick's range and I had him go by and take a look just to scope things out. I gotta picture from him and dropped it in below. Looks like Red Knee's done gone and showed up a month early and got his camper and 4 wheeler already down there. He must be practicing daily on Slick's range. Ya gotta watch out fer him, he's a sly one :P

Kajun

Untitled_1.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info Krazy.

I figured he was up to something.

Its gona be 'Throw Down, Show Down' at Hell Fire this year.

Red Knee has been sending me videos of super speed, Borg like perfection on his running his 97. Me thinks he is trying to get one of them Psycho advantages on me. But it won't work cause I ain't got but half a brain..... :D

Anyhow, its a known fact that he is bringing some other Sooners with him. I think they are Professional Consolers, fin ya know what I mean.

I'm startin to feel sorry for the young lad and his high hopes at Hell Fire. But my pity will only go soon far. When The Enchantress starts to sing, it will be 'Katy Bar The Door' and the young lad Red Knee will have a sudden awakening of a broken heart. But I won't try to damage his spirits. Its taken him a lot of nerve (and loose lips) to challenge me in the 97 Speed event and for that, ya gotta give the young lad some credit.

Just one thing I don't understand: why is he wanting to pick on an old man? :o

EDIT: I don't think he has gotten over that Tennessee Dog Whoopin I put on him a couple years ago. He's wanting revenge. ;)

..........Widder

Kajun.. . Running range survelience.....sounds like ol Widder's paranoia is rubbing off on ya...you need to call Josey Kid in Oklahoma and tell him to bring some jelly to go with Widders peanut butter, so you and old Widder can enjoy uns a PBJ during the old guys sit down break time.

Widder....ain't no need for no "psycho"logic just a real quick but whoopin'....

I'll have the Voodoo Queen explain it to your Enchantress on video in slow motion so she can understand it....only be time enough for one song....Frederick Jackson Turners "Shotgun and Shovel" Don't worry I'll splain it to ya later.

And yes it's true I'm bringin' some buds with me.....figured I'd need some reliable witnesses of the onslaught.

If I gotta be old to be "the man"...no thanks. If I just gotta beat the old man to be "the man"...consider it done.

Red Knee

Krazy,

I predict Red Knee is gona knock hisownself out slapping his brains with his tongue..... :lol::lol::lol:

I think he likes to hear himself 'wish'..... :P

He started out telling me that he thinks the low 5's would be enough to take the Speed SG.

Then he started telling me last week that something just below a sub 5 time would be enough.

I keep telling him more like 4.50 or less MIGHT get the job done, but unless he is ready to run 6 on 6 in less than 4.5, he might want to take up needlepoint..... :D

..........Widder

While I can manage a respectable double barrel I believe I will seek a 97 lesson.I suspect I can find a suitable instructor or two. Sending my registration in now...

Howdy ROCK.

Red Knee will be glad to tell you everything he DON'T know..... :lol:

As for me, I will be glad to give you a few pointers.

Actually, I shared some speed pointers with Red Knee back in 2013 and now he's wanting to use those speed techniques to whoop up on me.

If he is now using some of my speed techniques, it would seem that I will only be going up against myself..... :o

Anyhow, ifn Red Knee can't whoop you with his 97, he'll talk you into submission..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Rock....

You do shoot a mean double brother...look forward to seein' ya....

Don't be distracted by ol Widder, I let him give me a pointer or two back in 2013 outta respect,and now all of a sudden he's fu man chu Master Wong of the eastern Tennessee wong way shooting clan, givin out shooting tips like a pez dispenser.

Everyone be sure to come on by the speed shotgun side match and get your FREE Widder 97 shooting tip. Could be worth a lot......or not! ;)

Red Knee

Widder's Top Three 1897 Shooting Tips:

1. buy plenty of SG shells

2. buy more SG shells

3. shoot all those SG shells

:lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder (CEO, TN Wong Way Shooters Clan)

Widder Wong....Zen master of 97

HAR HAR HAR.

Maybe Slick will have a Comedy skit for nightly entertainment called Frit & Frat or maybe Mutt & Jeff..... starting Red and Krazy.

You might turn out to be as funny as Walter & Leroy, the two wild and crazy Ducks.

..........Widder

Why there's gonna be so much slick 97 action going on I think we ought to call it a "Slide Match." ;)

Kajun

Why there's gonna be so much slick 97 action going on I think we ought to call it a "Slide Match." ;)

Kajun

I'm just hoping that Tater, Phantom and others are gonna show up just to give it some credibility. Old RED KNEE and I might actually have a total meltdown and not even get off 2 shots without a bobble.

AND, Matt might just show up with his SxS and actually show everyone exactly how it should be done..... ;)

..........Widder

Is there a "Whose Shooting" list?

Kajun

Not yet.

We will be posting up one within a week or so of the match - but not posse lists.

We currently have 98 shooter's signed up.

This year our top Men's and Ladies' shooters will take home a custom wrapped Yeti Roadie cooler, similar to this.

yr20wf_new.jpg

First place in EVERY category will be presented a 30oz Yeti Rambler mug, while 2nd and 3rd place in EVERY category will be presnted a 20oz Rambler mug - all will be custom engraved with our Hell Fire logo.

rambler.jpg

Thanks for the reply Chief Rick.

Nice coolers.....the only way I'll have one of those coolers is if I buy one :P

Kajun

Thanks for the reply Chief Rick.

Nice coolers.....the only way I'll have one of those coolers is if I buy one :P

Kajun

I don't know about that - show up and shoot, you never know how the match will end... :D

Folks, the time is drawing near!

Awards are being finished up.

Stage scenarios are being finalized.

Targets and facades are being painted and set up.

Do you have your application in, yet?

Hey Chief Rick,

Good pics.

EVERYONE: this is a darn good match and GREAT atmosphere for a Cowboy get together.

I'm traveling about 11 hours to see some of my Cajun Pards. And, for the icing on the cake, I get to help out with the Side Match working with Red Knee from Oklahoma.

Drop by and say 'Howdy' to both of us. You'll be glad you did!

..........Widder

Thanks Widder.

Look forward to seeing you again.

I'll be making it up the range late Thursday night - I get off at 4:00 and then I'll have a 6 hour drive.

Very sadly. And with much regret.

I am having to cancel.

This IS one of my favorite matches of the year.

And would not if I did not have to.

But the new job is very demanding. And being new.

I have no vacation time to take off. And the work schedule

is not going to allow me to make it. :(

Sorry to hear that Al, but I know how it goes.

Just started a new position myself and with only four of us in the department I've been picking up quite a bit of weekend work (whether I want it or not).

I seen a movin' pitcher of ole Slick on Facebook...looks like he's workin on a Classic Cowboy Steampunk category win!! After watchin' that movin' pitcher he mightn' just pull it off too!

It's shaping up to be a good match. 'Bout 3 1/2 weeks from now ole McKenzie River Drifter and myself will hitch up the mules to the wagon and head west. I've been looking forward to this match for a while now.

Kajun

Hey Krazy and EVERYONE that is interested, here are the details for the Speed SG side match.

NOTE: Slick has agreed to these guidelines but he also has the prerogative to change these guidelines.

1. 6 KD's. The shooter is not limited to 6 shots to get them all down BUT..... a minimum of 6 shots must be fired to count.

2. Targets must fall to count as a hit

3. Targets will be placed relatively close and spaced approx 15-18" edge to edge.

4. As much as possible, all the targets will be the same size.

5. The shooter can start holding the SG or not (their preference).

6. The shooter can have hand(s) touching their shells BUT... the shells must be in their belt.

7. When the shooter goes to the line, only 1 shot fired will warrant another attempt. Only 2 attempts allowed per visit to the firing line.

FASTEST run of the DAY counts.

This will be nothing but a Speed event, based on the fastest method THE SHOOTER can engage the SG targets. No special staging of the SG will be required.

This type procedure eliminates the shooter from dealing with a short or tall table OR any other starting position that might favor one shooter over another. Plus, having the choice to hold the SG as the shooter deems best for them allows them to run THEIR best. It was also decided that allowing the shooter to be touching or grasping their shells eliminates any type of 'fudging' that might occur before the beep.

Categories will be: Cowboy/Cowgirl; 87/97/SxS.

See everyone Soooooooon.

EDIT: Red Knee is also wanting a 'Borg' category but Slick ain't gonna splurge for a trophy just for Red Knee..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder, Widder, Widder.....

What are we gonna do with ya.....ok I'm gonna be nice.

You know what....SASS couldn't charge enough yearly for the value of all the friends I've made in this game....and yes Widder you be one of em....couldn't put a price tag on the amount of fun I've had harassing you.

ok that's it......no more Mr nice guy....

Red Knee

Widder, Widder, Widder.....

What are we gonna do with ya.....ok I'm gonna be nice.

You know what....SASS couldn't charge enough yearly for the value of all the friends I've made in this game....and yes Widder you be one of em....couldn't put a price tag on the amount of fun I've had harassing you.

ok that's it......no more Mr nice guy....

Red Knee

Actually, folks like you and me have to pay into an organization just to have a few friends......... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

I am in the same boat, well almost, as Anvil Al. The youngest of the Slim brood has a birthday party planned for this weekend, and I can't convince him that there is no better place to have a 10 year birthday party, than Slick's range. So I am also going to miss out on the theatre that will be Widder and Red Knee battle of 97's...

(BTW, I'm gonna bet the longshot, and take the hippie) ^_^

Widder,

I plan on having a GoPro with a spare charged battery just for this event!

Chief,

just make sure it don't blink..... :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, this will be a great event for everyone involved because each person will be able to start in THEIR favorite position. About the only restriction is that the shells must be in the belt.

It will be fun for everyone.

..........Widder

I am in the same boat, well almost, as Anvil Al. The youngest of the Slim brood has a birthday party planned for this weekend, and I can't convince him that there is no better place to have a 10 year birthday party, than Slick's range. So I am also going to miss out on the theatre that will be Widder and Red Knee battle of 97's...

Soooooo, you're predicting that Red Knee is gonna put 6 on 6 in sub 4?

:o

..........Widder

Longhandle, Sorry to hear ya can't make it...but good to hear that you've got your priorities straight....family first.:)

Also, your vote for the hippie has got the old timer a little concerned....he's worried now that your opinion for the outcome of this 97 shootout may be the general consensus.

I'm just hoping the old one remembers to pack everthing he's gonna need.....97, plenty of shells, ear plugs, glasses and most importantly.....a crying towel for that long drive back to Tennessee. ;)

Red Knee

Longhandle, Sorry to hear ya can't make it...but good to hear that you've got your priorities straight....family first. :)

Also, your vote for the hippie has got the old timer a little concerned....he's worried now that your opinion for the outcome of this 97 shootout may be the general consensus.

I'm just hoping the old one remembers to pack everthing he's gonna need.....97, plenty of shells, ear plugs, glasses and most importantly.....a crying towel for that long drive back to Tennessee. ;)

Red Knee

I stated early on that Vegas has the smart money on the Okie. Krazy Kajun has been keeping an eye on the odds.

To help save any possible damage to your hands, wrist, elbows and arms, you might want to stop practicing and rest up for the next 3 weeks. I'm just concerned about your well being and being in good health..... :D

..........Widder

Archived