SASS Wire Forum

"Hell Fire '15," Don't miss this match ! September 25-27

Slick McClade

Slick and Krazy,

don't Y'all get to comfy in your chairs sipping on a cold one.

this contest will be over with in about 4.7 seconds ..... :o

Or less..... ;)

..........Widder

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me like ole Slick and the white haired 97 wonderkid been getting an early start on the adult beverage stuff ;)

Kajun

Sounds to me like ole Slick and the white haired 97 wonderkid been getting an early start on the adult beverage stuff ;)

Kajun

There's nothing wrong with a good cold glass of Bionic juice. It helps keep the Titanium Swivel mechanisms harmonized.

Besides, what else do expect a Borg to drink?

Red Knee drinks up a carton during every 97 dry fire session..... :o

..........Widder

O.K., I'm gona share this little secret to Red Knee that might help him in his 97 shooting speeds.

Here it is..... and remember, its a secret formula for SG success:

When you go the the line to shoot your SG, ya gotta make sure you have SG shells in your belt ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Hey, I just happen to hear a rumor coming from inside the borders of Oklahoma and thought this secret might help you in future matches).

;)

..........Widder

I hear of a feller by the name of "Goat Runner Bob" from New Mexico. He claims he can wipe his nose with one hand and still out shoot The hippie and old grey hair coot. Looks like you two have opened up a can of worms 😆. I'm thinking I'll just set back and sell some adult beverages for this little shindig and make a few bucks.

Slick...if we got GRB comin in all the way from New Mexico for a butt kickin we must be doin' something right.

Notice I didn't specify who was doin' the kickin'....

Red Knee

O.K., I'm gona share this little secret to Red Knee that might help him in his 97 shooting speeds.

Here it is..... and remember, its a secret formula for SG success:

When you go the the line to shoot your SG, ya gotta make sure you have SG shells in your belt ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Hey, I just happen to hear a rumor coming from inside the borders of Oklahoma and thought this secret might help you in future matches).

;)

..........Widder

Widder... I'll share some of my top secret 97 shootin tips with ya if'n you'll tell me how you n Slick put all them fancy different smiley face things in your messages. All I can do is :)..... course that's all I'm gonna be doin after whipping the goat and the coot in one six shot run! :) Just sayin...

By the way, there's no truth in that rumor......you got it all wrong.....I didn't even have my SG belt on!!!

Red Knee

Thanks for clarifying that rumor. It wasn't the shells you forgot.....it was the whole belt. I also heard it was AFTER you had already shot your other firearms and therefore, you had to take the misses. OUCH !

Sooooo, I guess Slick and Krazy can sell tickets to everyone who wants to see The Old Goat and The Old Grey Haired Coot goes down in flames.

My guess is that Tater is sitting back, watching all this smack talk and gettin faster everyday.

Looks like I might have to gird my loins and be ready for a battle.

TWO months to go! Be ready.

p.s. - if you hear a rumor that I am now grabbing 3 with my right hand and have to go to my belt only one time (instead of 2), it isn't true. Its just another malicious rumor that you don't have to worry about..... :o

..........Widder

Thanks for clarifying that rumor. It wasn't the shells you forgot.....it was the whole belt. I also heard it was AFTER you had already shot your other firearms and therefore, you had to take the misses. OUCH !

Sooooo, I guess Slick and Krazy can sell tickets to everyone who wants to see The Old Goat and The Old Grey Haired Coot goes down in flames.

My guess is that Tater is sitting back, watching all this smack talk and gettin faster everyday.

Looks like I might have to gird my loins and be ready for a battle.

TWO months to go! Be ready.

p.s. - if you hear a rumor that I am now grabbing 3 with my right hand and have to go to my belt only one time (instead of 2), it isn't true. Its just another malicious rumor that you don't have to worry about..... :o

..........Widder

You ain't gotta worry about Tator....he's at the beach working on evening out his farmer's tan wif his honey Slicks Sharp Shooter, his mind ain't on shooting this week.

Kajun

Just when the flames have died down a bit about this shotgun showdown, I get a call from Widder.....and I can't begin to repeat all of the 97 intricacies that we discussed....good conversation. As its winding down to a close Widder just couldn't resist the opportunity to fan the flames... so in his best slow Tennessean Widder voice he says, "remember Red Knee, to be the man, you have to beat the man".

Well hell fire...the flames are back burnin' strong.....

Red Knee

:D

Thats true Red Knee. Ifn ya think you are gona carry braggin rights back to Oklahoma, you better stop posting on the Wire and start practicing MORE... :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you didn't leave your best at EOT..... ;)

I heard you put out some impressive numbers on the 97 side match. I hope you still got some in reserve for Hell Fire.

I know that Vegas has the 'smart money' on the BlitzKid from Oklahoma. I'm just hangin back, keeping a low profile until the BIG event in September.

Krazy is sitting back analyzing the situation and he will probably make a prediction when the time gets closer.... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Yadda some other stuff...

I know that Vegas has the 'smart money' on the BlitzKid from Oklahoma. I'm just hangin back, keeping a low profile until the BIG event in September.

Krazy is sitting back analyzing the situation and he will probably make a prediction when the time gets closer.... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Actually I'm still looking to get my hands on some of that "smart money" you're talking about! I'm an engineer by trade and I've got a smart phone and I work for a company that owns and operates a smart grid...I've been called a smart A$$ before but I ain't never seen nor touched any of that illusive "smart money!" Widder...er ya gonna be bringing any of that along with that can of whoop a$$ yer toten in your gun cart to open up on Red Knee? :)

Kajun

Actually Krazy, this past spring I was minding my own business here in TN, when I get notified by Red Knee about how bad of a whoopin he is gona put on me at Hell Fire this Sept. I'm grateful that he gave me a warning.

Drop by and see alittle piece of H I S T O R Y!

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

Well Widder, now that Black Gold is in the history books it's time to focus on this here Hell Fire match coming up.

Whilst I wuz at Black Gold I seen ya w*rkin yore 97, had it purdy slicked up but I couldn't tell whether it wuz peanut butter or Ballistol or what kind of lube you had on it. I did see it smokin' a mite. I hope ole Red Knee is practicing up. It's kinda hard to do this prognostikinatin' this far out but oddsmakers in Sin City (that'd be Quitman) are w*rkin overtime on this one. :D:D

Kajun

Krazy,

we (Red Knee and meowndangself) is only tough talkin on the Wire. When it gets down to business, we're all fun..... :lol:

It was decided early in the year that Red Knee and I could run the Side Match Speed SG stage and have alot of fun doing so.

He is one of the best 97 shooters anywhere. But he is also alot of fun to help co-manage this side event and hopefully, EVERYONE will drop by and share in the fun.

We both know the reality of how side matches can end up, especially with other Top Guns at this event. But it makes for fun reading for Wire pards.

It will be a fun day. Drop by and bring a few shells with you.... (I might need to borrow a few)... ;)

Hey Slick, you are correct. I use the Extra Creamy brand. AND, I keep Tater and Sidekick away from my 97. They like to use the crunchy kind..... :o

..........Widder

It's kinda hard to do this prognostikinatin' this far out but oddsmakers in Sin City (that'd be Quitman) are w*rkin overtime on this one. :D:D

Kajun

Krazy.....Smart money's on the long haired fella:)....that being said Widder could make an appearance with a long haired wig....just sayin'..

We will have fun for sure!!!!

Red Knee

Krazy.....Smart money's on the long haired fella :)....that being said Widder could make an appearance with a long haired wig....just sayin'..

We will have fun for sure!!!!

Red Knee

Long haired fella....well that leaves me and Widder out....lessen' one of us has a wig. I knowed fer certain Widder has access to one too. A TN pard name of Unpleasent was sportin' one in KY last weekend....it'd be just like Widder ta "borry" it :D :D

One thing's fer certain....ole Slick puts on one hecka a match with some purdy buckles and awards. It's the only place I've ever shot where a round over the berm is a NO CALL!! :P:P It's gonna be a good ern....looking forward to seeing some old friends and mebbe making some new ones. We gonna have some fun yeah!

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

And if you're there on Side Match day, drop by the Speed SG stage where I will be co-working with another deviant Cowboy name RED KNEE from Oklahoma. We'll say 'Howdy' and share a smile with ya.

Oh yea..... I will be the young looking one..... :D

..........Widder

And if you're there on Side Match day, drop by the Speed SG stage where I will be co-working with another deviant Cowboy name RED KNEE from Oklahoma. We'll say 'Howdy' and share a smile with ya.

Oh yea..... I will be the young looking one..... :D

..........Widder

Yep...and if you're real nice ole Widder will lube up your shotgun for free....especially if it's a 97. He's already made plans to help out Red Knee in this way...what a pard you are :)

Kajun

Yep...and if you're real nice ole Widder will lube up your shotgun for free....especially if it's a 97. He's already made plans to help out Red Knee in this way...what a pard you are :)

Kajun

Thanks Krazy. I've already got the Jiffy extra creamy and the Peter Pan crunchy packed and ready to go. Guess which one I will use to lube the 'VooDoo Queen' (Red Knee's 97) ..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Thanks Krazy. I've already got the Jiffy extra creamy and the Peter Pan crunchy packed and ready to go. Guess which one I will use to lube the 'VooDoo Queen' (Red Knee's 97) ..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

You should use WD-40, its the finest lube on the planet! ;):blink::o

Whiskey Kid

You should use WD-40, its the finest lube on the planet! ;):blink::o

Whiskey Kid

You are most correct Kid. But I usually reserve my cans of WD40 for special occasions like Bday presents and Christmas gifts for my friends who use a SxS and 87.

But for the 97, PNut butter just seems to keep that slide arm functioning sooooooo good. Thats why RED KNEE will probably use some of my special mix.

..........Widder

Widder....I wonder if mixing a little WD40 in with some of the krunchy PB would be just right for Red Knee's 97....WD40 would clean it and the krunchy PB would give it that coating to provide the proper lubrication. I don't know though....you'd be treating ole Red Knee really good if'n ya provided him that service. :P :P

Kajun

Krazy,

Ole Red Knee is in secret training out in Oklahoma and for all we know, he just might deserve the best after Hell Fire.

This I already know..... he IS good with that 97. He ranks right in there with Tator, Deuce, Tuco, Santa Fe River Stan, Arcadia Outlaw, Phantom, and a host of other hot shootin 97er's.

I will be good to shoot with him, no doubt about it.

And yep, I'll surely be glad to lube up his SG..... :P

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

Well fellas....I hate to say it, but here goes......

I think this whole shotgun showdown thing may not happen...and it's my fault.

This afternoon I sent Ol Widder a video of me live firin' on six knockdowns and I called him to make sure he received it.....well, from the tone in his voice it's quite obvious he's skeered.......bad!!!

Krazy, if you and Slick hafta give any refunds for the showdown seats you sold in advance.....I'm sure Widder would be more than happy to reimburse ya.

It really made me feel bad to hear an old guys voice crack outta fear....hate that!:)

Red Knee

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When Red Knee discovers he can't make a living shooting his little 97, he'll atleast be able to try being a Comedian. He's a funny man.

He did send me a nice video of him shooting 6 shots with his little 97. And to his credit, he FINALLY hit 5 BIG SG targets... :o

But somebody needs to tell him that the object of the Speed Side Match is to hit and drop ALL the targets, not just 'some' of them.

I just hope he hasn't started carving another notch in the stock of his little shotgun..... :D

..........Widder

There is one other thing I think RED KNEE is overlooking..........the other competitors.

Somewhere, there is a hotshot Cowboy/Cowgirl running thru a daily routine of practice and secretly getting ready to put a whooping on everybody. They're gonna show up and burn em down.....plain and simple.

I think RED KNEE is just wanting to drive over from Oklahoma and whoop up on me. He probably don't even care about the other competition.

And like I mentioned before, he can always become a comedian.... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Well fellas....I hate to say it, but here goes......

I think this whole shotgun showdown thing may not happen...and it's my fault.

This afternoon I sent Ol Widder a video of me live firin' on six knockdowns and I called him to make sure he received it.....well, from the tone in his voice it's quite obvious he's skeered.......bad!!!

Krazy, if you and Slick hafta give any refunds for the showdown seats you sold in advance.....I'm sure Widder would be more than happy to reimburse ya.

It really made me feel bad to hear an old guys voice crack outta fear....hate that! :)

Red Knee

Dang, I thought Slick and I had a money maker here. I've got all these expenses, what with the chairs I got rented, the video projector and screen, the video camera, cost to print tickets, and the salary I've got to pay to the twins :wub: (Widder, ya need to show Red Knee a picture of the twins, he might just fold right then and there :blink:)

Well, maybe we'll just have to put this on a "wait and see who shows up" basis. Ya never know if Tator or Matt Black or some other young fast shooter will show up and just put on a shooting demonstration. Of course some of the "more experienced" shooters just may have a good day when they've got their Geritol doses just right and their Bengay pre-match rub synched in....just show up and take all the money! It's gonna be a "to do" for shore!!

Kajun

Red Knee has become a much better '97 operator since he started juggling shotshells at birthday parties...... Sometimes he has as many as 4 shotshells in the air at the same time !

JK

Red Knee has become a much better '97 operator since he started juggling shotshells at birthday parties...... Sometimes he has as many as 4 shotshells in the air at the same time !

JK

Josey,

that ain't as good as me. Heck, I can have two of em in the action port at the same time with one of them turned backwards..... :lol::lol::lol:

And sometimes, I get a fresh loaded round AND the empty inside the port area together ..... :o

..........Widder

Archived