SASS Wire Forum

"Hell Fire '15," Don't miss this match ! September 25-27

Slick McClade

Ok , its time to start getting the calendars made out for the last half of the year matches. Hell Fire is our annual match located in Quitman, LA which is in North Louisiana just south of I-20. Hell Fire has grown since 2009 to be one of the finest matches in the Southern shooting region. Our match has built a reputation for giving some of the nicest awards found anywhere in the SASS community. This match is a ALL inclusive match with meals , side matches, Long Range, and a mini Wild Bunch. We strive to have a relaxed atmosphere giving us in return a very solid run match, great stages and scenarios for you as a shooter to enjoy.We have 15 Full service RV sites conveniently located about 60 yds from the range. Hell Fire is a limited entry match to 150 shooters and is about 1/2 full as of 7-1-15. Please feel free to visit our website at www.jacksonholeregulators.com for a full match schedule and application. We look forward to having you shoot with us at the Jackson Hole Regulators.

Slick McClade & The JHR Crew

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POSSUM: I hope to be on a posse with you again, ifn ya don't mind.

To others: for the record, this IS a darn good match with some great folks to shoot with. I've already put it on my calendar this year. I plan to travel 10 hours down to LA to hang around for 3 days shooting Side Matches and Main Match.

I'm gona be working with a good Cowboy name Red Knee (Oklahoma) at the Side Match Speed SG stage. Drop by and say 'Howdy'. I'll enjoy meeting everyone.

..........Widder

Howdy Slick

Planning on 2017...did you get my email with the photo's for your daughter ?

Say hi to Jubal for me...keep ya' penny in ya' pocket.

Regards Mohawk

Hell Fire....I can't wait!

Slick does it right, great stages, good eatin, and very nice awards.

Also, I get the privilege of workin the Speed Shotgun Side match with one of my 97 heroes....Widder. Come on by and say hi, I'll be the long haired country boy pulling targets for ya!

Red Knee

Hell Fire....I can't wait!

Slick does it right, great stages, good eatin, and very nice awards.

Also, I get the privilege of workin the Speed Shotgun Side match with one of my 97 heroes....Widder. Come on by and say hi, I'll be the long haired country boy pulling targets for ya!

Red Knee

Yea, he'll be the long haired country boy.......showing Widder how to play Dixie on a 97 ... :o:o:o

..........Widder

Slick, the Ghosts plan to be there. Got a question. I think I left my 45/70 bandolier (leather) and a shooting stool at the long range last year. Could you check it out?

Ghost

I'm negotiating with the boss man at work to let me off. I'll let ya know. I loved the match when I made two years ago and hated missing it last year.

Tator,

be sure to drop by the Speed SG side match. Red Knee and I will be hangin out there most of the day.

..........WIdder

Hey Slick,

"If the Creek don't rise and the Lord's willin'", I will be there. I have already sent in my dollars, so I am as committed as I can get.

I am looking forward to this shoot...HUGE, and for a couple of reasons! My cousin, Sunshine Sally and I are
planning to shoot together for the first time. We both got into SASS totally unknown that the other was in it.
We were visiting several years ago at some family gathering, and one of us mentioned their hobby of CAS. We wereboth surprised we both had found CAS a half a country apart. Sunshine Sally lives in Southwest Louisiana, and I live in Louisville, KY.

The other reason is, I have been trying to shoot in my home state for 10 years! Finally, I may get to "Get 'er
Done"!

KCD

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Ghost I haven't seen anything yet ? Sorry

Thanks Slick. See you there.

• 1 month later...

Slick,

Be sure to set Widder's award aside....you know which one...."fastest old guy shootin a 97" he'll get real upset if'n you give his award to somebody else.

Red Knee

Slick,

Be sure to set Widder's award aside....you know which one...."fastest old guy shootin a 97" he'll get real upset if'n you give his award to somebody else.

Red Knee

I'll believe it when it happens..... :ph34r:

The reason I try to get in some good practice is because of the expected high level of competition: Red Knee, Prestidigitator, Phantom, and a few others that will surprise. And don't forget about Matt Black, should he decide to try out a 97 during the FUN side match.

But this I will tell ya........ I think its gona take a sub 5 time for 6 on 6.

What do you think Red Knee...... Can a good ole long hair country boy from Oklahoma 'get r dun' ? :D

..........Widder

What do you think Red Knee...... Can a good ole long hair country boy from Oklahoma 'get r dun' ?

Last I talked to him, he was sure gonna try......one thing he did tell me was that whoever wins it was sure gonna earn it.

I'm thinkin' 4.7 - 5.20

Who knows???? It'll be fun for sure!

Red Knee

Tater: I'm pretty sure he can run a low 5 or less on 6 KD's.

Phantom: I don't think Phantom ever lets anyone know just how fast he is. I think he has 'speed to burn'. Kinda like Dale Earnhardt at Daytona. It was once reported that Dale never really used ALL his petal..... :o

Red Knee: I've seen some of his videos during practice. Pure speed! Borg with a 97 in his hands. Vegas says 'smart money' is on Red Knee... ;)

Matt Black: all the 97 shooters hope he sticks with his SxS ..... :D

The Grey Haired Ole Man: He's working hard on getting to the trigger faster for quicker splits. The possibilities are untimeable..... :ph34r:

Personally, I agree that a 4+ time range will be needed to put the car keys in your pocket.

..........Widder

Thinkin' I better bring me a comfortable chair....gonna be there a while to watch this. Ole Widder has his secret source for his unlimited supply of 12g shotshells so he'll be there as long as it takes, he shore ain't gonna run outta shells trying :D

Kajun

Thinkin' I better bring me a comfortable chair....gonna be there a while to watch this. Ole Widder has his secret source for his unlimited supply of 12g shotshells so he'll be there as long as it takes, he shore ain't gonna run outta shells trying :D

Kajun....You are right, Ole Widder won't run outta shotshells, I just hope he has enough daylight!!!!

Red Knee

Kajun....You are right, Ole Widder won't run outta shotshells, I just hope he has enough daylight!!!!

Red Knee

I hope I get just one good run and then get a total eclipse of the sun..... :o

p.s. - I think Slick is having Winchester truck in a load of AA's for EVERYONE..... :D

..........Widder

I hope I get just one good run and then get a total eclipse of the sun..... :o

p.s. - I think Slick is having Winchester truck in a load of AA's for EVERYONE..... :D

..........Widder

Hmmm, I might hafta clean out the back of my truck to hold a bunch of them free shotshells Slick is providing :o(I shore hope Slick is listening)

I messaged Slick earlier today and he confirmed to me that once again he's gonna have the clubhouse available to store yore guns and guncarts overnight fer just a small remuneration...gonna have local law enforcement guarding the place. Now that's service ya'll...just another good reason to want to return to Slick's place and shoot!

Got my application and rubber check....er uh....gold dust over to the Pony Express office today......hoping all the outlaws will be up in Kentucky at Copperhead Joe's place the next few weeks chootin' the Black Gold shootout and won't be robbin' the Pony Express rider on the way west from GA to LA. I'll be up that way meowndangself having some fun shootin' wif da outlaws and hillbillies....I'll be the token Kajun at the shoot....gotta be PC and have diversity and all hold hands and sing Jole Blon and all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kajun

Wow, I thought Widder was picking up the shotgun shell tab ???? I guess your just limited to 6 rounds each

Korupt Karl is picking up my SG shell tab, plus any of the SG's I decide to get (don't tell him yet).

Krazy, once I get Slick's permission and finalize the guidelines for the speed SG stage with him and Red Knee, we will probably put the info on the Wire.

Red Knee and I will be running the Speed SG stage this year. Its gona be as close to a true speed stage as we can think of having for everyone involved.

..........Widder

Wow, I thought Widder was picking up the shotgun shell tab ???? I guess your just limited to 6 rounds each 😆😆😆😆

Slick, I'll only need 6 to beat you know who!!!

Red Knee

Slick, I'll only need 6 to beat you know who!!!

Red Knee

Where's the Like button :)

Hey K.K.,

You may have a few tokens, but, you ain't no token at that shoot. There will be more Cajuns at that shoot than crawfish in 40 acre rice field! I will be looking you up to buy you an adult beverage!

KCD

Hey K.K.,

You may have a few tokens, but, you ain't no token at that shoot. There will be more Cajuns at that shoot than crawfish in 40 acre rice field! I will be looking you up to buy you an adult beverage!

KCD

Sounds like a plan...looking forward to it mon ami!

I hear of a feller by the name of "Goat Runner Bob" from New Mexico. He claims he can wipe his nose with one hand and still out shoot The hippie and old grey hair coot. Looks like you two have opened up a can of worms 😆. I'm thinking I'll just set back and sell some adult beverages for this little shindig and make a few bucks.

I hear of a feller by the name of "Goat Runner Bob" from New Mexico. He claims he can wipe his nose with one hand and still out shoot The hippie and old grey hair coot. Looks like you two have opened up a can of worms . I'm thinking I'll just set back and sell some adult beverages for this little shindig and make a few bucks.

Sooooo, are you saying that Vegas has the smart play on Goat Runner Bob?

I heard of him but it wasn't from Cowboy shooters. It was from the Geisha Twins returning from a tour of the old west.

They said he has a garden and the tomato stakes are remnants of 97's he's defeated in battle.

I'm startin to feel alittle sorri for Red Knee. He might not have a good SG to shoot the match after side match day.

Then again, I guess I could loan him one from Goat Runner Bob..... :D

..........Widder

Archived