SASS Wire Forum

Bass Pro Opens in Pyramid

Big Sarge

Bass Pro opened a 535,000 square foot megastore in the Memphis Pyramid today. It has an indoor range, bowling alley, and even an indoor cypress swamp. There's even a 105 room motel. I'm headed up Friday to try to grab some powder and primers.

basspro2.jpg

Next time we are in Memphis the wife and I will have to check it out. Maybe the city has finally found a use for the Pyramid that is not an embarsment to the city and Shelby County.

The john boat rides from the parking lot to the main entrance via the cypress swamp should be a lot of fun as long as they keep the mosquitos under control. <_<B)

Saw on the news they had Elvis parachute into the parking. Now you can't get much more classy than night!!! Wife and I want to get a tree house room in the indoor cypress swamp.

Next time we are in Memphis the wife and I will have to check it out. Maybe the city has finally found a use for the Pyramid that is not an embarsment to the city and Shelby County.

The john boat rides from the parking lot to the main entrance via the cypress swamp should be a lot of fun as long as they keep the mosquitos under control. <_<B)

Took me a minute to notice the "Satire" label at the top of the article....

LL

They have plenty of primers, decent amount of powder (including Trailboss), and lots of ammo. If you are within 200 miles, I highly recommend a trip during the grand opening period. I spoke with an employee in the ammo/reloading dept and he assured me they plan on keeping the stocks full for the next couple of weeks.

As far as the store goes, all I can say is wow! The indoor swamp is stocked with blue cats, alligator gar, and even wood ducks. They have a steam punk themed bar and observation deck on the 25th floor. I'll try to post some pics later

Archived