SASS Wire Forum

Jenner

Aunt Jen

Diane Sawyer said Last night that Jenner was still Bruce and He. Man's shirt, said was making "gender change."

Good for you, Bruce (substitute fem name when it's revealed).

Maybe now that Schroedinger's Cat is out of the bag, she will go ahead and change.

No comment. Verboten subject.

Into what?

Ah. Well, what we could see w Diane Sawyer last night was not a full transition. Evidently it's still early in phase, so maybe hard to see much of it yet.

Diane did ask how far she intended to switch, and Jenner's reply was to womanhood, but not saying in what all ways.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 25, 2015 - Insulting to call Jenner "it."
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 25, 2015 - Insulting to call Jenner "it."

Hear tell it's changing it's first name to "Trans" 😱

?? You mean respectful LGBT is off limits here? I'm sorry. I wouldnt have thought so. But if so, then maybe they're in the closer here?

Did you mean closet?

Yes, sorry. My phone's autocomplete is a pain.

My thought there is that usu some 10% of the population are LGBT. Been SASS some 20 years, life. And I've seen very few, maybe 0.001, so my thought has always been they're here, but feel unwelcome.

I KNOW Tom Selleck would be accepting, per his gay role and 20 second smooching with Kevin Kline in movie " In and out." http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0119360/

I hate to feel people hiding in themselves brcause if things like fear and acceptance, hence my post. I'm being supportive.

?? You mean respectful LGBT is off limits here? I'm sorry. I wouldnt have thought so. But if so, then maybe they're in the closer here?

Hello Jen,

No, not off limits. However, most threads on LGBT topics have ended up with insulting comments. The Moderators are volunteers and do not care to spend the time weeding out the insulting posts once a thread takes that direction.

Regards,

Allie

PS I have already hidden one in this thread.

PPS The following is rather insulting too. "But if so, then maybe they're in the closer [sic.] here?"

As long as Jenner is happy and isn't hurting anyone, I don't see why people get upset.

Hi Ally, I dont mean to be insulting at all. I was only referring to the idea that maybe some people are in the closet if they feel unaccepted. Not insulting

Hi Jen,

Okay. You have always been nice in your posts. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to clarify your intent. It was not clear here.

The term "in the closet" has often been used to refer to "skeletons" or things people would rather keep hidden. It seemed accusatory. I took it as implying things could not be discussed as people here might be in the closet and hiding something.

Regards,

Allie

He'll always be an Olympic decathlon gold medalist.

To Quote Montie Walsh "You can't know how little I care".

+1………..That's great!!!! My feelings exactly! ;)

Ain't my business. I don't have to deal with him, don't have to watch him or his extended Kardashian family (my remote works just fine and rather quickly when either name comes up), he doesn't run in my social circle, nor I in his, so I've crossed him off my "Things To Worry About" list. Works for me! ;)

Hmmmm. I was wondering why she didn't reveal more about future plans. Indeed, it may well be a process of self discovery, for which I silupport her.

But also, I wouldn't br surprised if someone had approached her agent about a biopic, movie on her life. Because many references are quite right, here: she will always have been an Olympic champion, very popular, and now also Transgender.

Here's a thought from last night's show. The man was a great high school and college athlete, Olympic gold medalist in the toughest of all the sports, he was a good son, brother, husband, father, father -in- law, uncle etc...... A pitchman, public speaker, announcer, and public figure (reality tv is debatable ) for a good number of years. And, that was all with a burden in his mind/soul. Think of what the possibilities were for him if his soul was unencumbered..............

I was right in there laughing like everybody else back when we thought he was "the guy with the world's worst facelift." Now we know the surgeon probably did what Bruce wanted him to do: make him look more like a woman. I wish him well.

he is a tortured soul!!!

but it didn't deserve a 2 hr national broadcast!!!!

Here's a thought from last night's show. The man was a great high school and college athlete, Olympic gold medalist in the toughest of all the sports, he was a good son, brother, husband, father, father -in- law, uncle etc...... A pitchman, public speaker, announcer, and public figure (reality tv is debatable ) for a good number of years. And, that was all with a burden in his mind/soul. Think of what the possibilities were for him if his soul was unencumbered..............

Posts overlapped. Sorry. I was responding with How True to this one. I will try to quote better.

I find it more interesting that in that same interview he came out as a conservative Republican, and doesn't care much for the current president...! ;)

he is a tortured soul!!!

but it didn't deserve a 2 hr national broadcast!!!!

Yup. His problem. More important issues in the world to deal with .

GG

You mean this thread isn't about Dr. Edward Jenner, creator of the smallpox vaccine? He should be much more famous than he is, especially in this day and age when vaccines and quests for vaccines are in the news. If people can name one person who has anything to do with vaccines, and that is getting more rare, it is Salk (not that he shouldn't be remembered).

But I digress. As for Bruce, I'm all for a live and let live mentality, and would treat him the same, regardless. My bigger concern is about what all of this curiosity, publicity and the like says about our society as a whole.

So one opinion can be heard and another not be heard? Sounds like what's happening in our society. One side forcing its views on others. Best to leave the subject alone.

GG

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 26, 2015 - political
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 26, 2015 - political

So one opinion can be heard and another not be heard? Sounds like what's happening in our society. One side forcing its views on others. Best to leave the subject alone.

GG

Right on Gatlin, liberals don't like when you disagree with them, we're supposed to "tow the line" and think like they do! :angry:

I support LGBT as fellow human beings, who want to feel valued in love and self, each in his or her way, as also do other, also valued human beings whose lifestyle is more popular. I support minorities who deserve social inclusion as do other Americans.

I believe in being non-violent, peaceful in living life as did Martin Luther King.

I believe as did third President of the U.S. Jefferson and fellow founding fathers Adams and Franklin, et al, in Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I believe in science, that we are learning more and more about life every day, that we didn't know about before, from effects of genetics in all kinds of tbings to neural development in utero.

I believe in humanity. I'm a humanist. I suspect life in the cosmos is plentiful in absolute numbers, which we will discover more about in time, yet on a per planet basis, I believe it's extremely rare. If any number of things had not occurred---from a sister planetoid crashing into earth to form the moon to our range from the sun----we would nit be here. Life is rare and beautiful, to be valued.

Part of this was expressed in the form of Spock in Star Trek: IDIC, Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

I believe variation in our great species is natural and integral to the species, that it leads to creative problem solving, solutions, and the evolution that brought us to where we are today.

I am not worried about dissent. I believe that struggling with ideas and issues us part of the strength of our species, that we are stronger with our group mind. I believe it is okay to disagree.

I support minorities, and in this case Bruce Jenner, as noted by her coming out with Diane Sawyer on ABC, Friday. I'm sure it was hard fir her to discuss such personal issues so publicly. I worry if she felt fear in her sharing, which would be natural, as relates to non-acceptance. I think I saw some good strength of character there.

YET in my various beliefs I do NOT disparage other beliefs when people disagree.

I only want to support Jenner in her revelation.

I support LGBT as fellow human beings, who want to feel valued in love and self, each in his or her way, as also do other, also valued human beings whose lifestyle is more popular. I support minorities who deserve social inclusion as do other Americans.

I believe in being non-violent, peaceful in living life as did Martin Luther King.

I believe as did third President of the U.S. Jefferson and fellow founding fathers Adams and Franklin, et al, in Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I believe in science, that we are learning more and more about life every day, that we didn't know about before, from effects of genetics in all kinds of tbings to neural development in utero.

I believe in humanity. I'm a humanist. I suspect life in the cosmos is plentiful in absolute numbers, which we will discover more about in time, yet on a per planet basis, I believe it's extremely rare. If any number of things had not occurred---from a sister planetoid crashing into earth to form the moon to our range from the sun----we would nit be here. Life is rare and beautiful, to be valued.

Part of this was expressed in the form of Spock in Star Trek: IDIC, Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

I believe variation in our great species is natural and integral to the species, that it leads to creative problem solving, solutions, and the evolution that brought us to where we are today.

I am not worried about dissent. I believe that struggling with ideas and issues us part of the strength of our species, that we are stronger with our group mind. I believe it is okay to disagree.

I support minorities, and in this case Bruce Jenner, as noted by her coming out with Diane Sawyer on ABC, Friday. I'm sure it was hard fir her to discuss such personal issues so publicly. I worry if she felt fear in her sharing, which would be natural, as relates to non-acceptance. I think I saw some good strength of character there.

YET in my various beliefs I do NOT disparage other beliefs when people disagree.

I only want to support Jenner in her revelation.

Well stated! Articulate and eloquent.

Archived