SASS Wire Forum

Ghost Riders In The Sky

Never saw anybody switch feet before. I've seen people keep time with the left foot, and with the right one, and a few strange people do both feet at the same time. Never seen anyone go from one to the other, though. Weird.

I've always been partial to this one: ghost riders in the sky vaughn monroe

+! for the Vaughn Monroe version. Still tingles my spine after all these years...

LOL! The thread to honor two great underated guitarists turned into a 'Ghost Riders' competition.... Aye aye aye :D

Such is the Wire Saloon.

GG

LOL! The thread to honor two great underated guitarists turned into a 'Ghost Riders' competition.... Aye aye aye :D

Such is the Wire Saloon.

GG

I'm looking for the Rolling Stones' version. :)

vaughn Monroes version is still the best, followed by an instrumental version by Duane Eddy. Monroe had the first big hit with it, with a full orchestra and everything. But Burl Ives recorded it first, a month before Monroe, but without the big production. Burl's version is also excellent - Ives had a haunting voice that fit the song very well, I think is on youtube.

The O'Meara himself

vaughn Monroes version is still the best, followed by an instrumental version by Duane Eddy. Monroe had the first big hit with it, with a full orchestra and everything. But Burl Ives recorded it first, a month before Monroe, but without the big production. Burl's version is also excellent - Ives had a haunting voice that fit the song very well, I think is on youtube.

The O'Meara himself

Hauntingly beautiful. :)

The O'Meara himself

Yep

Archived