SASS Wire Forum

Just TWO words:

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad Hand!

Clenz oil (actually only one word) "CLENZOIL" The very best oil for firearms I have ever seen. I first became aware of the value of this oil when as a crew chief in the Air force, more than 40 years ago, the oil was issued in olive drab cans and had the military designation of MIL-L-7808. It smells great because of the lanolin content and was very easy on my hands.

The oil was not available on the civilian market as the old couple (from Wisconsin, I think the family name was Fitzpatrick) "somebody jump in here and correct me as I'm old and usually wrong", anyway the couple had no reason to market it outside the military as they could not keep up with supply and demand as it was back then. My understanding is a fellow named Lenz actually invented it and the Fitzpatricks marketed it to the military, from the manufacturing facility in Ohio.

Anyway, that is the story I got first hand from their son, who took over the company after the parents passed on and from what I am told, he has since, sold the company to (????). The reason I say this is because he actually asked me if I would buy the company (this was about ten years ago and since then, it has gone world wide on the Internet). 20/20 hind sight I don't have !

I use that oil to preserve valuable race guns when they are shipped and I bought a full case of Clenzoil from the son. That case has lasted all these years and now I am running out and cannot find it other than on the Internet, so I searched in Brownells catalog to see if I could find it or at least an alternative. Catalog #67 has "Break-Free" on page 331, but they list the military spec as MIL-L-63460 and not MIL-L-7808, so I am going to order some and see if it is the same oil I have trusted for years !

Stay tuned - - - "Cap"

Coyote Cap

CLENZOIL?

I can't

big trouble

a brewing

the wife

ya know

I'm gone

halter tops!

Careless Driving

Ar least that's what the ticket said after running into the rear of someone while driving as a teen......very first time I'd seen one of those. :ph34r:

More than 2 words.......crap.

Archived