SASS Wire Forum

Some questions on participating.

Shellback Jack

Hello,

First post!

I've recently gotten into CAS and would like to go and participate in this event. I'm not entirely sure which days I'll be able to attend, but I know it will only be the weekends. Am I able to just show up and register on the days I can go or do I need to preregister? Also, looking at the event calendar it seems like there are a lot of different events going on throughout the days, being new I'm not sure what all of them are. I'm assuming that the Main Match events are the normal cowboy action shooting type events?

Thanks all!

Delete

Pard, this is not a year for you to shoot the EOT main match. By shooting only on the weekend you would shoot only Saturday and would miss Thursday and Friday. Further, shooters must register weeks in advance so the match officials have time to organize posses. Running EOT is more complicated than a local club match where signing up the day of a match is normal. You probably could show up at the registration office Saturday morning, buy a conventioneers badge and then go shoot the conventioneers stages. Then you could shop the vendors and enjoy the evening entertainment. This is your best option considering the limitations you stated in your post.

Thanks for the answer.

What are the conventioneers stages?

Even if I am unable to participate would I still be able to spectate and check out the vendors at the "town"?

Shell;

The Main match is shot over a three day period. 4 stages on each day beginning on Thursday. Failure to shoot any two of the stages will disqualify you from the match. What Canby was trying to say, I believe, is that this probably isn't the best way to spend your entrance fee.

You certainly can come and spectate. You can chit chat with the cowboys and vendors in the vendor area. Wear you cowboy clothes and join in with the daily fun. Make sure to take the other half with you as many times there is more for the ladies than us guys.

Large Matches are generally done by pre-registration but many times there are places that are opened up due to illness or just plain "I can't make it" happenings.

Get with a local club and buddy up with someone that can be an adviser to you. Take gun advise from everyone and then pick what you like. Reloading advise should come from only one person to start until you learn the basics.

Dress pretty and have fun.

Thanks for the answer. What are the conventioneers stages? Even if I am unable to participate would I still be able to spectate and check out the vendors at the "town"?

Hi Shellback Jack!

Thank you so much for your interest in END of TRAIL; we would LOVE to have you come experience this event.

You are welcome to come as a public spectator; but as a SASS member, I would suggest you register as a Conventioneer. The conventioneer entry will grant you access to all of EOT's events, including the evening activities. As a Conventioneer, you will also be able to shoot the conventioneer stages set up during EOT.

If you come out as a public spectator, you will have to leave the area at 5pm.

OR- if you are feeling giving, we are always in need of Waddie Volunteers. This would grant you acccess to the entire event, and there are some other perks as well. If you are interested in becoming a Waddie during EOT, please email me.

misty@sassnet.com

Thanks- and we'll see you at EOT!!

Misty Moonshine

Thanks for the information! Sounds like conventioneer is the way to go. What seperates it from the rest of the matches?

For registering do I need to order through here http://www.sassnet.com/mercantile/Merc-END-of-TRAIL-001A.php AND fill out the entry form, or is it just giving you two different ways to register?

Also, what is the warm up?

And one other thing, is there a mounted shooting event? That is something I would really like to watch if there is. I was looking throught the event schedule list but didn't notice one.

Make sure to take the other half with you as many times there is more for the ladies than us guys.

Note to self, find a lady friend. :lol::(

Also forgot to ask, for the Conventioneer stages do you have to compete on all 3 days? Thursday I wouldn't be able to make, Friday I might be able to, and Saturday I'm all but 100% positive I can make it.

Conventioneer stages are setup in a different bay from the mainmatch. You can shoot any or all of them as many times as you want on the days they are available (at least you could in the past). You get to walk around during the day with your guns just like main match participants and enjoy the evening events. In my opinion that is the best way for a SASS member who is not shooting the main match to enjoy the event. (Other than being a Waddie but you have to be there many days to work as a Waddie) You can register on line, download a form and mail it in, or if your computer system doesn't work with the forms like mine call the office direct and register by phone.

There will be Mounted Shooting on Friday and Saturday, June 26 and 27, starting around 10:00 . There will be 3 main match stages, two rifle stages, and the world speed contest on Friday then 3 main match stages on Saturday followed by 2 shot gun stages and then the pony express extreme team stage to end the EOT World Championship on Mounted Shooting.

Conventioneer is the best bargain ever. I did it two years running and loved it. There is so much to do and see at EOT I did not even ever shoot a single round at the Conventioneer stages. I can shoot every week end here at home. At EOT there was so much going on I could not enjoy all of it or begin to take it all in. Even w/o shooting at all. I do not see how anyone can shoot the main match and get proper rest and see hardly anything of all the other fun stuff going on. So my advice is buy the Conventioneer badge and enjoy. Next time I will just leave the guns at home

Archived