SASS Wire Forum

SASS Theme Song

Big Sarge

SASS would have to pay to use an existing song. That's not gonna happen. :D

Ya know, I'm an old f*rt and seriously afflicted with CRS, but... I'm pretty sure I recall there having been a "theme song" a bunch o' years ago... :huh:

Don't think I was all that impressed at the time, but hey ~ who says I have any musical taste? :)

"Back In The Saddle Again" comes to mind, but UB is right - the royalties could be a deal breaker.

SASS would have to pay to use an existing song. That's not gonna happen. :D

If it is a public domain song we would be just fine. Many Civil War up to turn of the century type songs are in public domain.

GS

I saw one the other day it's called "I don't look good naked anymore". Probably pretty fitting for 99% of us.

I saw one the other day it's called "I don't look good naked anymore". Probably pretty fitting for 99% of us.

And for the rest of us. "I never did look good naked" should be appropriate.

Jim Bowman had an album out maybe 12 years ago called, "Silver Screen Legends of the West", which included a song called "The Single Action Shooters of SASS".

I think this would be great if we could get the Naked Cowboy to sing it.

Naked Cowboy Action Shooting - the Musical Version. I bet it would stir some interest on the Wire

Google Jim Bowman and see if you can find, "The Single Action Shooters of SASS" song on his album entitled, Silver Screen Legends of the West". I have the CD but can't seem to find the song about SASS on a google search. This was the "theme song" for SASS that was chosen back in maybe 2002??

We already have a theme song! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Six-Legends-Silver-Screen-RARE/dp/B000FOH7H0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1429189104&sr=1-1&keywords=Silver+Screen+Legends+of+the+West+by+Jim+Bowman#customerReviews

Rye

I have THE Jim Bowman CD. I purchased it at Mule Camp in 2000 or 1999. The SASS theme song first verse starts out "The history of the West is perhaps remembered best when the cowboys of SASS strap on their guns". It is a great song but I don't know if it is legal for me to write the whole song on the wire. "Growing old but not not growing up", Irish Pat, sass 19486

Yes, SASS already did that.

It was when "Chisler" was chiseling all of us, so it turned into a problem.

Jim Bowman has the real song as has been mentioned.

Jim's song is great.

I have THE Jim Bowman CD. I purchased it at Mule Camp in 2000 or 1999. The SASS theme song first verse starts out "The history of the West is perhaps remembered best when the cowboys of SASS strap on their guns". It is a great song but I don't know if it is legal for me to write the whole song on the wire. "Growing old but not not growing up", Irish Pat, sass 19486

Would that be the one heard here? It is pretty catchy:

No, I'm not promoting Chiappa (although I want one!), but Lassiter is one heckuva nice guy. His shooting ain't shabby either...

Seems we have plenty of talented folks around here. Let Utah Bob right rite wryte jot down a pome, and someone set it to music.

loved watching that--I'll try to think of a song--that's a great idea

And for the rest of us. "I never did look good naked" should be appropriate.

:lol::lol::lol: SO YEW PARDS SHOOT NEKKID?

OK HERE'S A GOODUN: "I LIKE GUNS" BY STEVE LEE

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Country+Songs+About+Guns&Form=VQFRVP#view=detail&mid=91E974F2A694040338DC91E974F2A694040338DC

Thank Hawkeye Gin down in Florida for that excellent video.

Great video, and I enjoyed the song choice. Thanks to my daughter, I know the title to the song is actually "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark," by Fall Out Boy. It's on my iPod.

Would that be the one heard here? It is pretty catchy:

No, I'm not promoting Chiappa (although I want one!), but Lassiter is one heckuva nice guy. His shooting ain't shabby either...

Seems we have plenty of talented folks around here. Let Utah Bob right rite wryte jot down a pome, and someone set it to music.

If nobody had suggested this one I would have.

This one would get my vote.

Archived