SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this afternoon I re-acquainted myself to the LLR procedure.

The fish did wave his.her tail at me as they went.

Dang wind blew me off the lake again this afternoon.

Maybe I should go later in the evening when the winds

die down.

Unless I can slip out for the evening hatch, looks like next week for me also. Got a Birthday party

date with a pretty little 3 year old Ballerina this week end. Asides, I don't fish week ends anyway.

Caught a small (12 inch) bass on the fly rod yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It was fun but the rod sure seems to absorb a lot of the fight.. I must have enjoyed it though because I grabbed the Fly Rod again this morning. Didn't catch anything but my casting has improved I can noe get about 20 feet of line out before I start whipping the water on the forward cast. If nothing else I love the challenge.

I see where Sage came out with a rod for Bluegills as part of their new Bass Rods.

At that price tag, I can't see a lot of bluegill fishers looking for one to buy.

They are awfully proud of their ONE rod too. But I can't find any fault with my SLT

rod. :D

I just read that I should not over line my 5 wt SLT with a 6 wt floater.

Guess I will use it on the other 5 wt rod and see what it does. Going to

need a new line for the Hardy LRH 5 weight reel. Got six ont he SA reel.

BMC

something about the lighting , Thunder , and driving rain , DAMPINs the experance :o

CB :(

Chickasaw, When I was learning to golf I learned a trick that works 99.9% of the time. When it starts lightening and thundering hold a 1 iron over your head. It is a scientific fact that not even God can hit a one iron.

Chickasaw, When I was learning to golf I learned a trick that works 99.9% of the time. When it starts lightening and thundering hold a 1 iron over your head. It is a scientific fact that not even God can hit a one iron.

Didn't Lee Trevino say that and then get hit by !ightning?

Caught a small (12 inch) bass on the fly rod yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It was fun but the rod sure seems to absorb a lot of the fight.. I must have enjoyed it though because I grabbed the Fly Rod again this morning. Didn't catch anything but my casting has improved I can noe get about 20 feet of line out before I start whipping the water on the forward cast. If nothing else I love the challenge.

Bugs,

2 things to try:

1) slow down your casting stroke. Yes, slow down. You need to let the rod do its work.

2) think 10 and 2. Stop the rod tip about 10:00 and 2:00. Not always necessary to be that precise but this will get you on the right track.

Another thing (bonus 3rd out of 2) is to put your non-casting hand in front of you about where the 2:00 position would be. On your forward cast, use the off hand to stop your forward progress quickly.

fly casting isn't a mystery just a little timing issues to fix and all will be well in the universe. You'll be tossing 30-40' casts in no time.

Even though I can cast farther, I rarely see a need to launch more than about 30 feet in 95% of my fishing.

GS.

Except when the fish are all just over there beyond that big rock in the middle of the water.

You know the one, that is about fifteen feet beyond your casting ability. If you listen you can

hear them laughing at you. :)

I larned somethings today about my 5 wt Sage rod that I didn't know. Now I want to get out

and test it out. That SLT is the smoothest casting rod I have ever held in my hand. And Sage

discontinued making it for higher end rods with a bigger $$$ tag. Maybe I will take it to the lake

next week and flay the waters.

Most of the fly rods I have are lesser name makers

I am basicley self taught , as to casting , this is why I have a very up right and tight casting style?

biggest problem with this , if your timing is off , you ARE gonna hook yourself

wor&s very well to punch through the wind , with bulkey bugs and weighted flys

CB

Archived