SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were not at all entertained about having a hook stuck in their lips. On a 5wt fly rod with 4X tippet, it was quite the monumental struggle between man and beast.

GS

YEP!

Went over to the park to see if it would worth a trip to drown a worm.

Bikini hatch is on. No room on the casting pier. Think I will await the

coming of the dawn. Maybe even as late as Wednesday. Beckler

River is looking better all the time.

I went out today with a snagproof worm and fished the heave weeds. Had five strikes and couldn't hook a single one of them!!! On the fifth I let the darn fish take the lure half way across the lake and still pulled the bait out of it's mough half way to the boat!! After that last one I looked at the lure and discovered that the hooks had been lost somewhere down the line. So, you guys with your barbless hooks got nothin on this cowboy I've been fishing with hookless plastic worms!

I went out today with a snagproof worm and fished the heave weeds. Had five strikes and couldn't hook a single one of them!!! On the fifth I let the darn fish take the lure half way across the lake and still pulled the bait out of it's mough half way to the boat!! After that last one I looked at the lure and discovered that the hooks had been lost somewhere down the line. So, you guys with your barbless hooks got nothin on this cowboy I've been fishing with hookless plastic worms!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FISH SCORE, BUGS ZIP!

Somewhere down the line you are gonna need some hooks. Gamakatsu makes them.

I am thinking of ordering some worm hooks from Cabelas.

Well, this morning, one of my projects was to remove the State stickers from the boat, and apply the 2016 stickers.

Got out the heat gun and went at it. Used some Goof Off to clean up the residue. Then I made a really dumb move,

I grabbed the heat gun by the hot orifice and burned my hand. Quick run into the house for some cold water on it.

Still a little tinder but I don't think it will blister. Guess again. Got a blister about the size of a quarter and thick as a dime.

Time for first aid. Oh Nurse, I'm worse.

BMC - Ouch. Once upon a time, while soldering new pickups into a Fender Strat, I learned there is a right end and a wrong end by which one should pick up a soldering iron.

Hope the hand heals up well (and the blister doesn't interfere with the more important things in life like casting, reeling, and taking hook out of fish lips).

Well the hand is doing well this morning. I put some meds on it and drained it last night.

Got lots to do today. Supposed to be cooler today, but we shall see.

Sure glad I don't have a working man's job that I would have to go to today. Got plenty

around here to keep me out of Momma's hair and out of way.

So much for the cooler yesterday. See what today brings. I would like to go fishing this afternoon, but we shall see.

got lots to do today. Hopefully I will get the tractor/mower back on the road today. Been a struggle. May need some

new parts. Some are worn a tad. Best replace them when the thang is apart but I hate to wait for delivery. Guess I

should have ordered them when I took it apart.

:(

did not get the chance to fish the pond on the mtn

but , I did see several good sized bluegills and a couple nice cat fish while I was pulling the water lillys out

80 + % coverage by them , gotta thin em out some more :o

CB

Water Lillies or Blue Gill and Catfish?

I would go for the Blue Gills and Catfish, but that is just me. :D

BMC

being that far out in the sticks , ya might not want to know what be in the bottom of the pond :huh:

gonna take a while to pull em out of there , all sorts of tracks around the pond

lots of tree rats , deer , ect . NO big cat or bear tracks that I saw

still want to put some Quail out , will do that soon :)

like to listen to em call

CB

Well, at one time, Badger Plantation was in the woods. It is still in the woods but the woods are full

of city dwellers. We still get some night critters, but it is only a matter of time before the city dwellers

drive them out. Kinda like fowling your own nest. Grand forest give way to manicured lawns and then

we marvel at climate change. Pave over lush marshland and wonder why we have water problems.

Farm the land like we owned it and then wonder why we have pollution in our water ways.

But we got bright lights and strip malls.

And Wineries and vineyards. Whooo Hoooo

Archived