SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

found a batch of 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in hard body poppers , coloring em up with a sharpie before I put tails on em

kinda look like a Pop R , only about 1/2 the size , ortta be good for schooling fish in the fall

bass should go after em , gonna take a good blue gill to take a poke at it , I think

CB

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know none of us is getting any younger. I retired to stop doing things I HAD to do and start doing things I WANT to do because I enjoy them. So, I have one question for you regarding why you can't seem to find the time to go fishing. Just what the hell are you waiting for? One day God's gonna call ya home and your're gonna be like, "wait, I wanna go fishin" and He ain't gonna wait!

I have thunk on that some, Bugs. But I would really rather take care of Momma and her needs than

I would killing worms. I sure God will tell me what He wants me to do.

Tomorrow, I am going to a memorial service for a long time friend. Gives one time for reflection.

I have thunk on that some, Bugs. But I would really rather take care of Momma and her needs than

I would killing worms. I sure God will tell me what He wants me to do.

Tomorrow, I am going to a memorial service for a long time friend. Gives one time for reflection.

Copy that!

That is Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, almost due north of Port Angeles.

Ferry runs out of Anacortes, Washington, past Guemes Island, and then Jones's Island.

San Juan is about an hour out of Anacortes. Beautiful boat ride.

I may be trying my hand at catching some Snakeheads this month. Then maybe a fish fry in the afternoon...

All the Snakeheads I've seen in Missouri so far have been attached, or recently detached, from actual snakes. Silver carp, on the other hand, we do have in the rivers. Sort of like flying fish without wings.

There is a gbar on the Illinois River that has a contest each year to see who can catch the most. Since Silver Carp eat plankton and plankton are notoriously hard to bait a hook with, you have to catch them in the air as your boat speeds along the river. Talk about a Redneck Circus!

Strip off about a 1/4 inch of the vinyl on the fly line tip, feed it into the sleeve and put a drop of super glue on that quarter inch

and the braid. You can also use the Pliobond to seal it and make it float better.

Badger

I just can not put my finger on what I did wrong

I know it was tight to the line and had a shrink tube on it

might have been the line dressing I used , made it too slick for the braid to grab on to ? :huh:

cleaned the last few in with acoh , and put a new connector on with another braided leader

CB

Well, the rivers open tomorrow. I expect with the hot weather we will have a bikini hatch going on.

Debating on going out tomorrow and fish the Tolt or wait until next week and fish the Beckler.

Decisions, decisions.

Archived