SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

Got a chance to try the line BMC sent me today but the darn wind was up and all I could do is roll cast. The line worked a lot better than the old stuff I had with the fly landing out away from the line at the end of the leader rather than next to the line or only a couple of feet from it. That emboldened me to try a regular case and on the backcast the leader got so tangles in the regular line it took several minutes to unravel it. I think I'll take the boat out tomorrow and see if I can hunt down some bass.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the boat out and brought home a dozen nice Bluegills and a 15" Bass. Even went so far as to clean them for my wife who likes fish. Used my ultralite outfit because the wind was blowing up a storm. I did make it out last evening after the wind died some and the new line BMC gave me works great. Thanks BMC

Glad that line worked out ok for you. Kinda disappointed in my new 5 wt line. Didn't perform all that well in a slight breeze. Going to do some more work with it to see if I can get the kinks out. That surgery a while back, on my right arm didn't do it a whole lot of good. I may have to use the spinning gear but I will keep working the arm to see if the creak is in me or the rod.

Left Handed! Hmmm. Might not be a bad idea.

Teach myself to cast all over and rule out all the bad habits.

Did you guys see that Missouri bass that weighed in at 60 some odd pounds?

Bet the guy was using worms. :lol:

:huh:

at 60 lbs , had to the a striped bass , most likey , caught pulling LIVE shad

My biggest is a bit over 30 , caught it pulling a AC plug , using down riggers , set at 60 ft

come to think of it , it might have been on a MAG sized Long A

got 2 that night right at the same size , up by the dam

CB

Guys

stripes , are an Eating machine , I have caught a few , below the dam in the White River

seems some got washed over , some years back , when they had the flood gates open

they will run with the white bass , to some extent , on the spring spawning run

as will the Hi breds ,

the ones below the dam , fed well on the planted trout

CB

The fish on the left is a largemouth, the big fish on the right is a Drum. Caught them in Pomme De Terre on a gold crankbait. Most don't think the Drum is edible but I was told like them. We tried it and the flavor was very mild. I'll have to get down to Beaver lake sometime. My wife and I are going down to Springfield MO on Saturday to eat at the throwed rolls place (can't think of the name at the moment) and look at real estate. We are talking about downsizing and we are looking in that area and considering Southern MO or Northern AR. Someplace where the fishing is abundant.

Can't speak of Arkansas, but Missouri seems to be a good place to be. Sure better than Washington for sure.

May get the line wet today, looks to be a good 'en. But there is always that but thing, the chores may say otherwise.

Bugs

from my place , I can find most any kinda of fishing ya want , within 100 mi

from the Ar river , about 75 mi , trout below Beaver dam , 30 mi or so , Roaring River in Mo around 40 mi

too bad too many folks know about the area , starting to get pretty crowded

CB

as a side note , I had to replace about 3/4 if the braided leader link locks on the fly rods :o

Bugs

depending on the rod , and the reel , it MIGHT have been ok , sounds a bit high to me , as I would guess it to be a Wally world combo

I am going to have to replace the fly line on my 8ft 4wt , showing bad cracking , but , I don't use that rod much

most of the time I use the 6 1/2 ft 4 wt , for stream fishing , the 5ft9in 3 wt , custom for drys or the 7 1/2 ft 2 wt

storm passed over , sun is out , tempting me to head for the lake :huh:

CB

took the Kayak and 5wt out last night. Caught a couple small bass who thought they were a lot bigger than they really were and were nowhere as amused about a hook in their lip as I was. Both of those fish were quite angry little fellows (about 13"-14" long). Also brought one nice catfish of about 24-26" long to the net. All on a size 8 black wooly bugger.

No more Kentucky Fishing Reports until next week. Leave the lakes to the weekend crazies and pick back up once they are gone.

GS

Archived