SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now WE got the thunderboomers.

No lightning that I can see, but we got the artillery sure enough.

Looks like the gully washer is over. Never really started.

But the driveway is wet. That can't be all bad.

Hope to wet a line on Tuesday. I have to go to the range tomorrow to get some pics for an article and zero in a couple of new sights. Tuesday morning should be warm and sunny so I hope to get out then. Had to play lumberjack and cut down a dead tree today. Work, work, work, work.

I just ain't done nuttin today. Was going to the range but changed my mind. May go later in the week. Supposed to be hot

so I will leave the fish alone. I need to sight in a couple of rifles anyway. Give me reason to reload some more ammunition.

Could go to the match down in Renton next week end. Got all the stuff I need except skill. BUT I DEW KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN! :D

I converted my .43 Egyptian Rolling Block to a .45 Colt carbine and have to zero it. My Browning Hi Power is done and needs the sights adjusted. I bought a used 10-22 and put a scope on it that needs zeroed and I was working on a Colt Detective Special that I thought I'd shoot but the mainspring went flying across the shop and I've been crawling around the floor all evening looking for it. No joy so far but the shop is getting cleaned, swepted, and straightened up.

Don't you just hate it when that happens. I still have not found my 10mm socket that I dropped three weeks ago.

I have my Marlin 39 A to tighten up, a CZ Varmint that I have had for three years and never fired, and Utah Bob has

shamed me into taking out the M1 and running some homemades through it. And then there is the negelected

1894 and the Enfield...... The list just goes on and on.

These are all virtual rifles tho. I don't own any real ones.

My friend's daughter got married Saturday (to a man isn't that just sick? :) ) and I haven't done much fishing the past few days. Helping them set up and break down all the stuff for an outside wedding took a lot of effort (we're all tired). It was a good day though and now, back to thinking about fishing.

GS

Well, the rains came back last night. Woke up at 0230 hours with what sounded like hale falling.

Turns out that we got a nice soaking rain for about two hours last night. We needed it.

Alas, Wenatchee didn't get any. Big brush fire going over there, caused by lightning and another at

Mr. Rainier. Some folks lost their homes. Looks like today will be filled with honey dews.

Caught two more bass on Tuesday, roughly 1.5 lbs each. 1/4 ounce white spinnerbait was the ticket. It seems I'm doing better from shore than most of the people in boats where I fish. I'm going out again tomorrow, since I have the day off.

Looks like you found the sweet spot. I will probably not be fishing over thew week end. Too many people out there.

Waiting for the cooler weather to return. We Pacific Northwet folks are not used to 90 degree temps. Water is warming

too, I suspect.

Looks like you found the sweet spot. I will probably not be fishing over the week end. Too many people out there.

Waiting for the cooler weather to return. We Pacific Northwet folks are not used to 90 degree temps. Water is warming

too, I suspect.

90 degrees isn't bad, it's the 90% humidity that kills me out here. And the mosquitoes.

We have not had a lot of humidity and the mosquitos only seem to come out at night.

Can't sit on the deck for 'em. I suppose I could put out some citronella candles but

to what purpose. We usually stay indoors in the evening anyway. Asides, I don't

believe that they work all at well to begin with. I think vitamin B might be a solution.

Since this thread is about fishing (!)....

BMC, it looks like you could hire out for shark control on the right-hand coast. Me, I'm stayin' on land! :ph34r:

Since this thread is about fishing (!)....

BMC, it looks like you could hire out for shark control on the right-hand coast. Me, I'm stayin' on land! :ph34r:

Not a good place for wading, for sure, for sure. Think I will stick to teasing the LMB and Smallies over at the lake. :D

Those trout get too stressed out in the warm water and weather. Want us to leave them alone I guess.

Good Plan. Momma had an appointment to get a perm today, so I headed over to another lake to check out the

program. Wall to wall people in and around the water. Wait until things settle down some before I wet a line.

Maybe I can get to the range and dump a few rounds.

Well, I messed up BIGTIME. I got the drive belt back on my yard tractor. That means that now I can

remount the mower deck and cut grass. Only problem is that with the drought, the grass is dead or

dying. Still hot as the blast furnace out so I think I will just stay inside and help support the

brew masters and their craft.

I don't think I want any of that, Bugs. Neither does my wife. I showed her the picture and

we are in agreement that we can do without. Yesterday, my daughter showed us a picture

that she has on her cell phone, of Mt. Ranier. It has some kind of weather phenomenon, where

what appears to be two (2) umbrellas over the top, one atop the other. Weird thing. Never saw

anything like it. I have seen one umbrella cloud over the top, but never two. Think the weather

man is toying with us.

Archived