SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After three days of summer like weather a cold front has moved in with wind. Looks like the opener will be

damp and cold on Saturday. Fish should probably be deep, if you have a desire and method of getting on the

water. If I get out, I think it might with a camera or perhaps the .22 at the range.

While sitting in my favorite seat today, I was looking through the Cabelas Catalog, for a new net. They passed a law that you

can't use a net with knots for some fishing. Found one that was VIRTUALLY knotless. What the he77 does that mean?

I need to drop down to the game room and fondle my spinning rod some before I retire for the night.

I got the bug bad. I stripped off the pencil float from my light weight rig and added an even lighter one.

Also removed the split shot and added a small BB size. I think I am about ready. Got license, got gear,

need worms. :lol:

When are you going to invite me and my bait bucket over?

You have an open invitation. My wife and I run an exclusive bed and breakfast that limits its clientele to wayward Cowboy shooters and friends. We'll feed you and put you up, drive you to a shoot, sing to you while we shoot and, after you hear me sing, make you wish you never came.

You have an open invitation. My wife and I run an exclusive bed and breakfast that limits its clientele to wayward Cowboy shooters and friends. We'll feed you and put you up, drive you to a shoot, sing to you while we shoot and, after you hear me sing, make you wish you never came.

I doubt that would happen. If I ever get back to that part of the country I may look you up for a fishing trip tho. I would like to meet some of those blue gill you harbor. I'll buy lunch and libations. :D

You have an open invitation. My wife and I run an exclusive bed and breakfast that limits its clientel to wayward cowboy shooters, fishermen and friends. We'll feed ya, fish with ya, go shootin' with ya and even sing to you while we shoot. Right after you hear me sing you'll wish ya never came. But, the grub is good the host is reasonably friendly, and the beer is cold. common over and let's drown some worms

There must be a bizillion deer hair trout flies. I don't like working with deer hair nor am I impressed with it in the water.

I know it floats well and looks good, but as a bug dresser I just as soon not work with it.

Is this something like what you had in mind?

http://datab.us/eDz1m-Al6sI

well , i will add my 2 bits here - its coming up on an new fishing opener here in minnesota , i have a tradition , years long , with a group - decades long , for the opener - years past the blizzard kept us from seeing the other boats next to us , the lake was frozen but the river was open - we fished , last year we had to cancel the resort was still froZen out , this year looks to be open water and fair weather maybe - early spring , hope it holds , i prefer open water fishing to ice fishing , casting at those little holes is tough at my age with my bad eyes ,

I applaud your attitude, Watab. I fear that my old bones will not allow me to do the things that I have done in the past, like sit in a

cold rain and still fish, or stand in an ice cold running river and cast for Steelhead, but I long to do them again.

However, here in Washington State, it seems that the opening day of lowland fishing brings out all of the folks that brought

their coffee cups and left their brains at home. Some of the antics are just foolish, but other can get down right dangerous.

I guess that is why they find so many bodys in the water during the summer. The odd part it that some of the waters are open

year round but those too, seem to draw a crowd on opening day. I is just a zoo. I refuse to add to the madness.

Archived