SASS Wire Forum

Fishing Disease strikes Fisherman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke with my Cousin yesterday. He lives in SE Missouri. He has it too.

We got to talking Crappie. The fish, not the social issue. He was telling

me about his jigs and what catches fish and what don't. I told him that

he has Missouri crappie, and Washington Crappie are not smart enough to

bite. :lol:

Been looking at my selection of Crappie jigs. Hmmmmm. Wonder if they will work?

Fle-Fly's...? :)

Never, never, never go to the lake without a supply of 1/8 oz all gray crappie jigs.

Dynamite works pretty good.....

True story - When I was park ranger for the Corps of Engineers, we had a wire basket we would lower into the spillway gate and catch fish for our cook outs. We got lots of fish and in lots of trouble when the bosses figured out how we were catching all those fish!!

I have the same urge... After Land Run and TX state, I'm headed to the Gulf to chase king fish in the kayak, and maybe some specs and reds...

By the way, threads like this don't help!!!

as soon as the crazy weather , settles out a mite

I will go catching , y'all can fish all ya want

I like catching better :lol:

CB :P

Early to bed

Early to Rise

Catch all day

Tell more LIES :P

I got 2 bass , 2 sunfish , 1 crappie , and 1 walleye , in the boat today :)

turned em loose , cuase they were not eating size ,

CB :P

Sooo you are a C&R fisher also. :P

Darn right I'm Cranky. Rain predicted everyday this week an I'm to skert to fish in thunderstorms.

Lighting never strikes twice in the same place. But then again, that first strike is probably gonna be a dandy. :)

BMC

this weather , be driving me NUTS , trying to figure em out ,

cold fronts move through , dropping the water temp , pressure changes

they are real deep , thinking they may move up on the steep banks in the afternoon

got stuff , I need to do here , before I can go play with em

CB

Got sunlight? Could warm the shallows later in the day and move them closer to it. They are still going to be deeper, but

not as deep as cold fronts produce.

I would think I would look for a flat area that is between 20 and 10 feet deep near a shallow area in bright sun.

Of course structure is gonna help. But then, what does Badger know about crappie?

There is an area in Lake Washington near the north end that has a lot of milfoil in an area that runs about

15 feet deep. Figure this would be a great spot for panfish come summer. Perch seem to love the place.

There is a spot over on Lake Sammamish that harbors smallies but I have not been able to find it again.

Would love to get over to the east side this summer, but I donno if the ole body is up to it.

Caught a nice three pound bass this morning in my pond. Put him back in because the pond is only two years old and the DNR says not to take fish out of it for five years to let the population stabilize. So, I don't get to eat them but I do get the fun of catching them.

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs. Ain't cha ever gonna larn. Why do you thunk they have FISH MARKETS for, anyway?

Get you breeches down there and buy you a big ole chunk of catfish and all the fixins.

Archived