SASS Wire Forum

.25 caliber bullets WTB

Zeb Gray, #36839

Help. I need to find a source for 25 caliber (.257-.258) lead bullets for my 25-20 rifle. I'm looking for 65-75g plain base & gas checked, 85-86g gas checked & 90+g gas checked bullets.

I trying to find an accurate load for an old 25-20SS Low Wall with a 1 in 14 twist barrel & I've slugged it. 86g plain base lead bullets wobble at velocities under 1500fps. They straighten out at higher speeds, but then other issues arise with the plain base lead.

Any hints from shooters who have experience with the 25-20SS cartridge would be appreciated. So far I've read all I can lay my hands on. I'd really like to find an accurate 100-200 yard load for this old quarter bore.

Thanks,

Zeb Gray

I had to have a custom mold made for my 25-20 SS to get it to shoot well. I suggest you visit this web site http://www.assra.com/ There is a section on reloading Single Shot rifles. Post your

questions there and shooters with a wealth of knowledge will help you out. If you have trouble getting cases let me know and I can help you out.

Archived