SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days 2015

Shooting Iron Miller

Hello all! I wanted to thank each of you who attended the 20th Anniversary of Comancheria Days, celebrating "Shots from the Past." I hope you had as much fun being there as we did hosting you! It was wonderful to see so many friends, as well as new shooters. The weather actually cooperated such that you were able to complete all ten stages, and that was a good thing! Our main goal was for everyone to enjoy themselves and to be safe throughout the event. We offered some new entertainment this year, including Pistol Packing Paula, Kevin Fitzpatrick, as well as Walt Perryman. On Thursday afternoon we were entertained by none other than World Champion Calvin N Hobbes and Barbary Coast with their mounted shooting demonstration at the arena. Their performance was second to none. We are grateful to all these folks for helping to make this event so special. We also included an authentic chuck wagon owned by El Patron. He provided the Friday night dinner, and boy can he cook! I think I can safely say that everyone enjoyed some mighty tasty beef and chicken fajitas, as well as all the fixings. We had a really good showing of vendors this year. Some traveled far and wide to be with us. They also provided some really nice shooter prizes. So a huge thanks goes out to each of them. It was great to visit with Tex and Cat Ballou. This was the first time for them to visit us at Stieler Ranch. We loved having them. Finally, we had several on-site visits from Becky Patterson, one of the Stieler Ranch owners. It was a delight having her join us for so much of our weekend. Congratulations to all the winners this year! We hope you will join us again next year. We'd love to have you back.

Congratulations to Shootin Iron Miller (MD) and Culebra Blaze (Assistant MD) for the planning and execution of the 20th Comancheria Days!

Archived