SASS Wire Forum

Blame it on Cabin fever

Dirt Merchant  # 61422

5 weeks ago yesterday I had the opportunity to spend 3.5 hours on the operating table having my Achilles tendon reattached. Tore it good, actually snapped it in half. Physical therapy and stretching has me on a pretty fast track to walking again but that's still 3 weeks away.

I am using a walker everywhere I go and cannot go far! Out to dinner is about it.

Been going ABSOLUTELY STIR CRAZY.

Looking for anything to cure the boring routine I got to thinking that I have a number of SKB's in the safe why not go take a look.

Well 6 hours later and I have finished my first SKB 100 in over 3 years and my hands didn't hurt. Apparently time off was a good thing. yeah!

I am looking forward to going to the GA State match to talk with friends and walk around slowly, can't be trusted to shoot slowly, that timer going off thing...

Hopefully I will be back to shooting by June, been along time, looking forward to seeing ya'll soon

Dirt

See you there, Dirt!

I know what you mean about going "Stir crazy". After they cut me open, all I saw was the den and the bedroom. I was ready to sling some lead.

In November I had a total ankle replacement. For a month I could not put any weight on it, crutches or knee scooter. I really got my fill of TV and reading. Remember....things will get better. Oh ...the ankle is absolutely great. No more pain and I have total range of motion and no swelling. Almost 6 mos now. walked 4 miles yesterday and shot 6 stages last weekend. :lol:

D.M, hope you heal fast

I'm going in this coming Wed. for surgery on my left hand this will be my 21st. All but 2 for broken bones or joints.

Getting to the point my back don't work and I think my knees went on vacation and left without me.

Will be great seeing you, Dirt. My prayers for your complete and speedy recovery. Had Achilles' tendon surgery myself.

Fm I totally understand. My blood suger has been high for several years and the longer it's that high thing start to be effective I've tried shooting slowly the past year after taking two off for a busted leg. Spent one year in depression and it took another to return but by then I had no stamina and with the effects from the bs being high everytime I try something I'd run out of steam and lately feel sick. I tied to get out a little when I went back to ga for xmas and January finally shoot a match I. The state I grew up in or at least it was my home state when I went in to the usaf in 82. Spent summers in the carolinas and va visiting grandparents. I want to hit givens ferry this year if I go back in the fall for several things but I'll need to do something for living arrangements if I go but that's snoter story.

But, I'm hoping now that the colder temp and nasty weather has passed to shoot a couple of matches each month once I relocate the Rv in the next week or so. That and hitting the range I hope helps built up some of my lost energy and stamina. I might even hit the gym some. Been waiting on my leg to heal completely from various wounds on hit down to only one and if I get it healed I can get n the pool to get some resistance Theaphy. Badly needed I have been soaking in water since before my motorcycle wreck in 2012 and since have been able to even get in a pool or spa because of open wounds. I think a little selecting and strengthening followed by th the pool will be the key to doing the best I'll be able to that and modern pharmaceuticals and toomy coppers sleaves and glove for the aching areas.

Archived