SASS Wire Forum

Broken windows

At home with a cold, so watching Tim Holt westerns on TCM. Tim's hiding in a store and breaks the widow to shoot at the bad guys. In the back, his partner Chico, opens the window to do the same. Tim just threw a bucket through the front window completely crashing through it to get a better shot at a guy. Didn't anybody tell him glass was expensive on the frontier. :)

I'm pretty sure this was Evil Roy Slade. He's in the ranch house, the posse is outside. He reaches up with his gun barrel to slap the window pane, to break the glass. The window is open. He closes the window, THEN slaps the pane, breaking it so he can shoot at the posse.

Support your local Sheriff with James Garner, Jack Elam and Joan Hackett. When the gunfight starts with Walter Brenan and his family of bad guys, Joan runs into the hotel and instead of raising the double hung window to shoot her rifle out of, she breaks the glass out. Like that glass she didn't break out would stop a 45?

Pards, as a retired Glazier I would have dropped the top sash and shot through that opening so I wouldn't have to bend

over to shoot through the bottom opening. Plus this way I wouldn't have to re-glaze the sash. Just sayin'

Blaze

If you lowered the top sash, then you'd have to stand to shoot out it. That means your body is exposed by the lower sash. While there is two thickness of glass to go through, I don't think they'd stop a bullet.

And then both the upper AND the lower sash have broken panes.

I don't think you thought that one through, Blaze.

They want to tell their enemy to shift attention to their window in case they hadn't noticed.

Then they take shelter behind the wooden clapboard walls.

Archived