SASS Wire Forum

shooting class at OH state to benefit Relay for LIfe, (Cancer)

We have 6 for the class so far, with 4 of those Lady shooters, plenty of space left...

The Free spot have been filled. But there are plenty of spots left.

This is a great opportunity to not only take a cowboy action shooting class, but donate to the Cancer Relay for Life.

The class will cover:

Mental aspects of the game.

How to "read" a stage.

How to recapture "Free" time. ie Transitions and movement.

Things to check for that can ruin your match.

Getting the most out of yourself and your firearms.

A pad and pen would serve you well. Bring plenty of ammo, you may not use it all, but it won't spoil if you don't use it.

If anyone would like to help with the class you are most welcome. This is not a gunfighter class, though if requested it will be covered.

A friend has stepped up and offered someone a paid up admission for my shooting class at Shootout at Hard Times, The Ohio Champeenship over Memorial Day weekend, benefitting Cancer Relay for Life.

First one to holler for it here gets it!!!

Korupt Karl has offered to pay up for another shooter to take the class.

So, who else wants to take advantage of another generous offer???

Judge em all Duncan has also paid for a shooter to take my class, but it must me a lady shooter! his request not mine!

so, we have two more prepaid spots,,,,, who's gonna be next to take this opportunity!!!!

UPDATE,,,,, Hey Sugar is in!!!

One fore free spot left!!

Now, there are 11 regular paying spots left....

C'mon folks, sumone needs ta jump on this wonderful offer of a paid spot, whoever is donating it is obviously a very generous pard! and I know that there's a ton of good shooters in Ohio, but there's gotta be at least 13 more shooters that might be able to pick up a few pointers....it's really nice of Cheyenne to volunteer to do this to help raise funds for such a worthy cause.....

any of you Ohio pards that see this but aren't necessarily interested, please help spread the word to your fellow shooters that might not frequent the Wire, let's help Cheyenne get a full roster!!

A friend has stepped up and offered someone a paid up admission for my shooting class at hard times benefitting Cancer Research..

First one to holler for it here gets it!!!

Hey Peanut Butter,

Does it include airfare, car rental, hotel room, 3 squares and a shopping spree with the vendors? ;)

Any shooter would benefit from CC's vast knowledge of Cowboy Action.

Somebody needs to jump on this great opportunity.

If not already claimed, my wife-Longshot Lillian--is right at my shoulder and would love to attend. Will need more details. She is coming to that match and we've never been there before.

Outrider, it's her's!!! Longshot Lillian gets the freebie!!!!!

You're gonna love the range!!!! if yur staying in a motel git your reservations quickly!! Lot of folk stay at the La Quinta there..

Class is Friday and starts at 9 AM and goes until she can't stand it any more... bring at least 200 rounds and 25-50 shotshells...

btw, she's the second lady signed up so she won't be the only lady....

Thank you very much. She had already made her reservations but I guess now she'll have to come in on Thursday instead of Friday. Is there an informational e-mail or a web site that will tell her where to go--as if I haven't told her where to go once in a while. :D

"Goes until she can't stand it anymore"....You don't know my wife.

She is VERY excited. Thank You again

Outrider, really glad ya'll are coming to this shoot! It is an awesome match that you won't regret attending! You can link to the Miami Valley Cowboys website thru the SASS Affiliated clubs tab on the SASS home page! If you have any questions you can PM me or Mean Gun Mark and we will help ya out all the way!

AWESUM!!!!! Glad it's a lady, at least now I know I taint gonna be tha only one.....

Outrider, lookin' forward ta meetin' yu and Lillian, and take my werd fer it, a better bunch of folks wud be real hard ta find! My husband and I went last year, hadn't ever met any of them face ta face and I'll tell ya it didn't take nun of em more than 2-3 seconds if that long ta make us feel rite at home! Had so much fun jus had ta do it agin this year..... :D:D :D

I'll offer a free ride as well if'n someone wants to claim it. Take care of it CC.

KK

taken care of KK, Thank you!!

Just saw this fellas......

Heck Fire I will donate some money to Purdy Boy.

All I ask is that my donation is to be used by another lady shooter!!!!

If CC, KK and Doc ask, I will do anything I can for these guys. Besides, I got to shoot there a couple of years ago. There ain't no finer bunch in my book.

Purdy Boy, just text me an address and I will send you the money.

I would be there in the class if I could physically do it. NEXT YEAR GUYS.

JUDGE

wow!!! thanks Judge!!!!!!!! and for another lady shooter!!!!!!

Heck Fire I will donate some money to Purdy Boy.

All I ask is that my donation is to be used by another lady shooter!!!!

JUDGE

I give up.

Now folks is throwing money AND women at Purdy Boy.

:lol:

wow!!! thanks Judge!!!!!!!! and for another lady shooter!!!!!!

Just for the record Purdy, I think what you're doing to help raise money for cancer research is great. :blush:

:)

Waimea

:FlagAm:

yu cud send yur wife Waimea!!!!

She's still tryin' ta git over them furry legs of yers.

Fraid I'd never see her agin.

You got some kind of animal attraction goin' on with the ladies that I will go to my grave tryin' to figger out.

:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sugar gets it!!!! So that leaves one more free entry!!! man or lady

whose up?

One more free spot left folks,,, we gotta beg to give one away????

one spot that's prepaid is left.

of course if you want to pay yurself there's room too.

freebies are gone. see opening post for updates

Friday Morning at 9 AM... til who knows.....

Grumpy, someone has paid up for you, so now yu gotta attend!!! lol

With Grumpy that makes at least 6 with 4 of them lady shooters!!!!

Now I love that this class is filling up, but this school is just one of the fundraiser things. Karl and I also will have a couple raffles (maybe a firearm) and a cancer fundraiser sidematch! Cowboys have been great about stepping up to help those in need! Karl and I are overwhelmed by the generosity we have seen since he whacked off my beard for the first fundraiser we did! With the likes of Calico stepping to the plate with her awesome quilt last year and ANOTHER ONE this year, Shy Annie offering to help by putting on this shooters class....This is some kind of wonderful! Thanks to all who have gone the mile to help with this.

Just a thought. You might get some more people registering for the class if it was posted on the state match web page. We wouldn't have known anything about it if I hadn't happened to see it here on the SASS forum. There may be several competitors who are planning to go to the match who aren't regular readers of the forum and hence, don't know anything about the clinic. It's not even listed on the posted schedule of events.

gonna be fun Grumpy!!

I'll see about getting it on the schedule...

hope to have it on the website within a day or so......cc think I have 2 wanting to take the class...waiting on them to confirm...will let you know as soon as I know for sure.

we're up to around 7 for the class!!!

room for more!!

Archived