SASS Wire Forum

What Are The Best Things About SASS

We have a string that is running on the worst things about SASS, and this topic is just a way to look at it from the other side.

For me, it is the people. Throughout my working career we did not take away vacations because we really had no place we wanted to go.

Now that I am semi retired, we have plenty of places to go, and each has a Cowboy Action Shooting match as the destination.

I am happy to say that I enjoy the many folks we have met along the way and proudly consider them all friends. Without the greatest bunch of people being there, it would not be worth the trip.

I enjoy all of the other aspects, shooting, costumes, firearms and history but by far the friendships and comradery are the most enjoyable and rewarding reason I continue this wonderful sport. With almost 20 years of playing, I still have the same excitement whenever I attend or run a match.

Roo

sorry, I did not see another post with the same topic. Old eyes.......................

Chuckaroo, you are fine example of what is RIGHT about the game. You recent introduction into the SASS Hall of Fame was very befitting of you. I am with you. For me it's the people. Yes I am a competitive shooter but I started the game because I loved cowboys, western history and all the gear that goes along with it. I didn't know what the heck that blue box that beeped was for. The people are what keep me in the game.....end of story. Last Saturday myself and 3 good pards loaded up the truck and drove almost 3 hours south. Our sides and faces hurt from all the hooting and laughing that went on in that truck by the time we got to the shoot. I just cannot imagine doing anything else where you get to spend time with such a good group of folks. I'm am just as excited to wake up and shoot the monthly match that day as I am the World Championship. I hope we get to play this game for a very long time.

We have a string that is running on the worst things about SASS, and this topic is just a way to look at it from the other side.

For me, it is the people...

Roo

Likewise. In certain rare cases, it's the answer I'd give on the other thread also... And by rare... 1 or 2 in over 30 years of participatin'...

Think someone started a thread about the yesterday.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235842

Al,

Sorry, I did not see the other topic. Looks like I am not alone on the feelings.

Chuckaroo, you are fine example of what is RIGHT about the game. You recent introduction into the SASS Hall of Fame was very befitting of you. I am with you. For me it's the people. Yes I am a competitive shooter but I started the game because I loved cowboys, western history and all the gear that goes along with it. I didn't know what the heck that blue box that beeped was for. The people are what keep me in the game.....end of story. Last Saturday myself and 3 good pards loaded up the truck and drove almost 3 hours south. Our sides and faces hurt from all the hooting and laughing that went on in that truck by the time we got to the shoot. I just cannot imagine doing anything else where you get to spend time with such a good group of folks. I'm am just as excited to wake up and shoot the monthly match that day as I am the World Championship. I hope we get to play this game for a very long time.

Deuce,

Thank you for the kind words. It is wonderful to see younger folks enjoying the game as it was meant to be. And I hope we all get to enjoy it for a long time to come.

Roo

To me the best thing about SASS as an organization, beyond the obvious, the people, the shooting and the competition, is that it gives us a common set of rules to play by just like any other major sport.

This in itself is worth ever cent of my membership dues.

All the Folks!!!

All the fine places ta shoot!!!

All the folks!!!

All the right fine friends and extended families!!!

All the memories!!!

All the hero's we've met!!!

All the firearms acquired!!!

All the time and $$$$ spent!!!

All the life lessons and education!!!

All the folks!!!

All the introduction ta new shooters!!!

All the horse trading!!!

All the late nights chati'n!!!

All the stogies smoked!!!

All the folks!!!

Ya see where this is going!!!