SASS Wire Forum

Gun fighters

rustyfinger 22618

Normally between one and four, at the the home club the other clubs i frequent four or five

Enough that I can't get first, which means at least 2. Usually around what evil dogooder said. At the annual I just shot, I think that at least half of all gunfighters were FCGF.

usually about 5, sometimes more sometimes less....

At some of our bi-monthies half will be Gunfighters.

This month at Tusco we had 8 total Gunfighters. That's including Senior, and FCGF.

Hey Rusty, I guess you're thinking about switching categories. Bloodwashed and I can give you helpful Gunfighter tips!

Spittoon

Rusty,

Just take whatever they tell you and do the opposite - you'll be fine :P

CR

We have as many as 30 shoters and I think I'm the only one shooting gunfighter. They are getting a little more use to it but at first a few kind of thought it wasn't something that should be done.

We'll get from 4 to 8 at a 50 shooter match, with more showing interest. Keep it safe, have fun with it, and you'll see others wanting to try it.

CR

E. Tennessee seems riddled with them. Last months Ocoee Rangers match, 17 out of 62 participants were shooting in Gunfighter Categories. And Ole' Widder has not even come out of hibernation from winter yet.

Went to Hell on the Border in Fort Smith a few weeks ago. Gunfighter category had the most shooters. There were a bunch of Senior Gunfighters too. Dang near my whole posse was gunfighters. Very cool.

E. Tennessee seems riddled with them. Last months Ocoee Rangers match, 17 out of 62 participants were shooting in Gunfighter Categories. And Ole' Widder has not even come out of hibernation from winter yet.

Slater and I both hope to be at the April match in Oak Ridge this Saturday. Ifn ya want to see what a rusty ole GF looks like with cobwebs hangin off his hat, show up and bring your camera... :)

..........Widder

Maybe the question should be, "How many of you prefer split pistol stages over non split pistol stages?"

That is the real reason for the start of this topic.....

I know that, but we're just trying to soften him up a little. He'd be a good candidate for GF. As for me, as long as I have a place to safely stage my gunz, it's all good!

CR

CR

Maybe the question should be, "How many of you prefer split pistol stages over non split pistol stages?"

That is the real reason for the start of this topic.....

:lol::lol::lol:;) YEP!!! At the N.Y States we had 23 GFer's they went I think 9 deep for awards, not sure how many FCGF's but a good handfull, GFer cat was 2nd only to Trad and not by much!! ;)

Spades H.

bet I cud make some cry by writing some duelist biased stages!!!!

I just did a fast head count for the ST JUDES CHARITY SHOOT.

8 - Gunfighters

3 - FC Gunfighter (looks like I have third place all sewed up!!!)

2 - Lady Gunfighters

Chancy

That's about 8%.

More than many other categories

FCGF ROCKS!

CR

It has been a few years ago a club promoted a Josey Wales category. Well a lot of GFs signed up for it. Apparently all the Duelist took advantage of the situation and signed up for GF, because GF was the largest category at the match and JW was the second largest and put together they were just shy of half of all the shooters.

Here lately out of fifty some shooters there may be 10 GFs split between GF, Senior GF, Outlaw, and an occasional FCGF.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Archived