SASS Wire Forum

Dodger Stadium is Open!

Aunt Jen

And you know what that means!

Watch "Field of Dreams" on TV

Go to stadium

Eat chili dogs

Yell

Worry: best to go to a night game? Or day?

Eat Dodger Dogs.

Eat pizza

Ice cream

Watch this one guy throw peanuts behind his back

Best sears lido level tween 3rd base n home because it's in shadow with sun behind you

Wish you were at ge Giants stadium instead.

:)

Watch "Field of Dreams" on TV

Go to stadium

Eat chili dogs

Yell

Worry: best to go to a night game? Or day?

Eat Dodger Dogs.

Eat pizza

Ice cream

Watch this one guy throw peanuts behind his back

Best sears lido level tween 3rd base n home because it's in shadow with sun behind you

Wish you were at ge Giants stadium instead.

I prefer day games this time of year and night games as the temps rise. Alas there are no parks anywhere near here. :(

My favorite team since Kirk Gibson left the Tigers and went to LA. Finally got to fly out and watch a game in 2003; disappointed in the Dodger Dogs :(

Coors Field is 451 miles. Shorter as the crow flies. But I ain't no crow.

433 mi down to the D-backs' park.

Born & raised in the LA area (until I retired when I was 58 in 2000) and went to a lot of games at Dodger Stadium. Even went to a couple when they played at the LA Coliseum. Chavez Ravine is a pretty venue. LA had 3 pro football teams over the years...Rams, Chargers & Raiders, but all eventually left. I played lots of football at the Coliseum when I played for USC. LA is a great sports area (including Orange County).

Saw that LA has the highest payroll in all of MLB, this year. (Yankees are second, and the Red Sox are third.) The deal they had with Boston, several years ago, put them in this position. Most of the higher paid players are not even playing ball this season. It was a great deal for the Red Sox, they were able to get rid of players that had become dissatisfied and free up their payroll.

Fenway Park is only 250 miles away, this time of year, day or night game, dress warm if you are going to Fenway.

Watch "Field of Dreams" on TV...

Gotta start with "The Sandlot!" ^_^

What is a dodger Dog?

Dem bums should still be in Brooklyn. :lol:

The Dodger Dog is the apex of baseball stadium food. It's a 12" Farmer John wiener, griddle fried - never boiled, in a steamed bun. Adding spicy brown mustard, relish, ketchup and Dodger Stadium make it the finest eatin' anywhere.

And Badg, even at their worst, Da Bums were too good for Gnu Yawk.

That sounds an awful lot like a Chicago Red Hot to me, Uno.

Never goin' to Chicagoland, so I'll never know.

The Dodger Dog is the apex of baseball stadium food. It's a 12" Farmer John wiener, griddle fried - never boiled, in a steamed bun. Adding spicy brown mustard, relish, ketchup and Dodger Stadium make it the finest eatin' anywhere.

And Badg, even at their worst, Da Bums were too good for Gnu Yawk.

Good. Good. True, but I must say. Chili, onions and cheese Really make it Devine.

The best hot dog I have had at any MLB park was Milwaukee. Followed by Wrigley, then Comiskey or whatever the Chisox call their park. Dodger dogs are slightly better than St. Louis IMO. Don't remember the dogs at Cincy or Atlanta. Might have to go try them at Cincy, but never will i go back to Atlanta.

Ah, Aunt Jen, in all things, I'm a purist. Designated hitters are an abomination to all that is holy and Dodger Dogs deserve only mustard, ketchup and relish. I'll leave the sushi for when I'm at Angels Stadium.

BTW: Sushi at a ballpark is just wrong, but then, so are the Angels. ;)

Heeheehee. Calam can't kill me until I write the check for the house.

Just remembering way back when there were 3 teams in NY. The Yankees, Giants and Dodgers

Times change. Dem Brooklyn bums were the bane of the Cardinals. I can remember some games that

both my Grandma and myself thought the Dodgers were devils. And she was a very pious woman. Me, not so

much. :lol:

Archived