SASS Wire Forum

New Flying Video, FM Aunt Jen

Aunt Jen

Yes. We look for nose wheel shimmy, but as u can see, I don't have any.

I think I had to make a couple of fixes brcause I'd put that first one out on April 1st. :)

Hopefully I won't find more wrong with it.

That is SO COOL...!! About the funnest thing I've seen here in a goodly while...! :lol:

And a very prudent "adjustment," Jen. ;)

:) tks

Yes, I did. I depends on where the prop is when a certain portion of the camera reads it, so it looks---

NO! That's not it.

This is a special prop that reconfigures in flight due to requirements. Molecular Recomposition. If you notice, it even goes backward sometimes. Very advanced.

You can't see it with either the naked or the closed eye; you need a special camera

I figured, if it looks like a James Bond tuxedo, it should have this special prop

Your video makes me Wish I would have learned to fly , my dad had his pilots license before I was born but stop flying , something about a farm a fence and Texas

It is so important to me---not for fun, really, but more like Life, meaning, the thing that's important: airshows, showing it, cleaning, flying...

The feeling:

When you pull just a little bit back on the stick, maybe with just 2 fingers, raise the elevator, increase down lift on the horizontal stabilizer, increase angle of attack on the main wing, increase it's lift-----and, gently, gracefully, you and xxxx lbs if airplane rise 1", then 2", then a foot inti the sir...

When you arc gently over scenery...

When you see over obstructions into valleys far beyond, maybe 100 mikes...

When you rise miles into the air...

Sunward, I've climbed

And joined the tumbling mirth of sun split clouds

And done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of...

...and touched the face of God

With my husband, beside me

Holding hands.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uGP74qRzSc

One my favorites is climbing out at dusk when theres a low overcast, it's getting pretty dark down low and as you climb into the clouds you catch the color changes, purple, dark blue, orange and then you break out on top in orange glow as the sun is setting with a sea of purples, and blues beneath you, you get the feeling of speed off your wing as the clouds are screaming by a foot under you. The orange starts to change to dark blue after a time and the stars start to brighten.

You get a brief glimpse of heaven and you know the almighty himself is smiling on you

One my favorites is climbing out at dusk when theres a low overcast, it's getting pretty dark down low and as you climb into the clouds you catch the color changes, purple, dark blue, orange and then you break out on top in orange glow as the sun is setting with a sea of purples, and blues beneath you, you get the feeling of speed off your wing as the clouds are screaming by a foot under you. The orange starts to change to dark blue after a time and the stars start to brighten.

You get a brief glimpse of heaven and you know the almighty himself is smiling on you

... and looking down on the soft glow of lights cast in the clouds from the towns below. Yah, there's something about "breaking out on top" that stirs the soul. Done it at all times of day & night. I absolutely loved skimming across a solid overcast whether it be sunshine or stars above me.

I used to fly a lot at night on search missions. Got to see the moon and sun rise on one of those flights. (With a refueling stop in between, of course!) :)

Approaches to minimums do that to me. It's a different kind of auxilaration to pop out of the clouds after a long approach and magically see that rabbit taking you to the runway. The heavy load in the cockpit gives way to the chance to make that perfect landing, and call to cancel IFR.

I'd fly every day if I could. . . Our airplane is the place we love to be the most. Love that Mooney.

Deadwood, what did u fly?

Just about anything I could get my hands on with a single engine. Learned on a Piper Tomahawk (a.k.a "Traumahawk"). Then Piper Cherokee/Warrior & variants, Beech Sundowner (Slowdowner) & Musketeer, various Bonanzas and T-34, plus Grumman Tigers.

Spent most of my 15 years as a mission pilot for the Civil Air Patrol. A volunteer assignment, but some of the most rewarding flying I've ever done -- and paid for by the Air Force. Those aircraft were typically well-equipped Cessna 172 & 182s and maybe a T-41. (The T-41 was basically a 172 with a 210 Continental and climb prop. Man, that could climb!)

Loved 'em all, but the T-34 was the last of them and remains my favorite. :wub:

I also have 30 minutes logged in B-2 full motion simulator at Whiteman AFB. Once in the cockpit, you can't tell you're still on the ground.

How about you, Jen? What's in your logbook?

Approaches to minimums do that to me. It's a different kind of auxilaration to pop out of the clouds after a long approach and magically see that rabbit taking you to the runway. The heavy load in the cockpit gives way to the chance to make that perfect landing, and call to cancel IFR.

I'd fly every day if I could. . . Our airplane is the place we love to be the most. Love that Mooney.

Agreed.

Mooneys -- sweet!

Roger on the minimums and Mooney.

I went IFR, ATP, but really, I'm Jemnifer Livingston Seagullz. VFR. I've won 3 spot landing contests, because I have a secret: practice. :)

But I love it all, breaking out on top, descending into stratus, the long graceful turns in IFR.....but I also love it when the tower calls on me to help untangle some traffic by doing something unusual, like 270s.... I enjoy unfamiliar airports, flying in to gas n go, evaluating an approach at a small airport, landing....

I think I've got the bug.

My CAP flying took me to many rural airports across Kansas and Nebraska, often at night. Short runways that looked like driveways from pattern altitude. Used to drag the runways after dark before landing -- a very low pass to scare away the deer and critters that might be on the runway or its edges.

Had a deer cross 50' in front of me just at rotation one night, even after a precautionary back taxi. Fortunately I'd visited the airport restroom just moments before! :)

If I could own a plane now, it would be one of these -- Republic Seabee.

seabee.jpg

Ah! Roger on the SeaBee. You could show it, too, at major military airshows because it's different. Nice. Richard Bach had one

Painless n I met Richard at OSH one year, signing books. I bought one. We went to him and he smiled, asked what we 'd like him to write.

I smiled, looked at Painless, leaned on the table w my elbows, and said, "You are never given a wish--"

Richard smiled at me and finished it: "Without also being given the power to make it come true."

("Bridge Across Forever")

Richard Bach was featured in a 12-part documentary segment back in the late 80's called "Reaching for the Skies". He was very eloquent and was shown flying his Seabee.

I recorded this show on VHS tape back in 1990, but alas, it's slowly disappearing from the tape. Wish I could find another copy somewhere. It's still excellent.

I enjoy him, too.

There are some ideas and people on the planet with whom I connect--- It's hard to predict, like Psinless, Richard, Dame Magggue Smith, Harrison Ford.....lots. It doesn't seem to depend on proximity.

Maybe we're all Cloud Arlas.

Howdy Aunt Jen,

Thanks for the video. Not an aviator nor do I have much knowledge of airplanes. Never been in anything smaller than a twin engine plane the would seat 6-8 people.

I see a new category "Sky King".

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS Never been on a sailboat. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express and am a Jedi GF. :D

Howdy Aunt Jen,

Thanks for the video. Not an aviator nor do I have much knowledge of airplanes. Never been in anything smaller than a twin engine plane the would seat 6-8 people.

I see a new category "Sky King".

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS Never been on a sailboat. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express and am a Jedi GF. :D

I almost used that as my Alias, but it was already taken.

Dear heart, thank you for this!

It is delightful to see the world through someone else's eyes!

Especially when you know what it is to dance on the wind itself!

(And yes that James Bond prop is absolutely cool!)

Archived