SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Pawnee Station, July 17-19, Nunn, Colorado

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just worked up a down range camera mount, adjustable from maybe 4 feet high to about 8 feet. Gonna put that new Midland XTC 400 camera in the underwater case for a little protection and use the wifi function to remote control it and see what sort of video I can get from down range.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing how it works out for the top gun shootoff, a 'targets eye' view so to speak showing both competitors should be fun.

I guess I should get my irons and cowboy duds ready to go too...

:D

I guess I should get my irons and cowboy duds ready to go too...

I read that too quickly and thought it said "I guess I should go iron my cowboy duds..." and thought, "Grizz, I didn't know you was such a fancy pants!"

A fancy pants I am not, that is fer dang sure.

Got the car loaded with what I could tonight, will finish loading and head out in the morning.

Hope to see you all there!

OK, Time to hit the trail!

Give GW a call if you decide to come last minute, there will be entry forms at the range, or print one and bring it with to save time.

Remember there is construction on 14 between Ft. Collins and Ault, so plan extra time (20 minutes) if taking that route, alternate routes from the south is to get over to 85 sooner, and from the north to get off 25 at Wellington and take the road east to Nunn, then back south a little on 85.

Remember

The small towns around the range take their speed limits very seriously, slow down and save yourself from getting a ticket.

It's gonna be warm, bring water and gateraid and maybe sun screen.

Hope to see you soon!

Happy Trails!

Grizz

My 73 trigger, hammer, and lower tang assembly just came in the mail. I reassembled the rifle and test fired a few dozen rounds. I think I am back in the game.

I didnt get to shoot today, but I do get to shoot the main match days.

Thank you to everyone who offered their help and offerered to loan me their equipment.

Grizzly Dave and all my other pards...

I was hoping to make this match this year but other circumstances arose.

I wish you fast and safe shooting, clear skies, cool temperatures and loads of fun.

Looking forward to seeing the scoresheet!! ;)

J-Bar

Major, this match was a blast last year. I couldn't make it this year either, but next year we need to find a way to do it

Archived