SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Pawnee Station, July 17-19, Nunn, Colorado

Grizzly Dave

Saddle yer horse, hitch up the buckboard, or book a ticket on the stage and come out to Nunn, Colorado July 17th thru the 19th for the shootout at Pawnee Station!

Friday side matches and 6 stages each Saturday and Sunday!

You want side matches? You got it, long range? You bet. Cowboy shotgun stuff? ayup. 12 stage main match, each of a different bay with great props and downrange movement? You bet yer best hoss. Camping just steps from the range? Naturally. Lots of fun and great folks? OF COURSE!

More details and entry form can be found HERE!

To see what the range looks like, check out the videos from last years match HERE.

A slideshow of pictures from last years match can be found HERE.

I hope to see you all there!

Grizz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those pics shur bring back lots of great memories from last year.....only 3 1/2 more months ta wate ta do it agin!!! Hey Grizz, yu gonna bring tha clippers agin?? :blink::P:lol::lol: :lol:

I can't make it this year due to work and commitments at my home club, but this match is a blast with fun people. Not one to be missed

The host range is a big clay sports facility. Bring your sporting clays and trap guns and lots of shells. After the CAS events, eating and shopping if you have any energy left, go bust some birds. The fun never ends.

Calico, no, no plans to bring the clippers this year, I can still the the faces and hear the screams of the women and children when they saw my bald face. And that was just when I got home and saw the family!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes Griz, there is work being done. We are doing our best to pull off a great match. My Asst Match Director Trigger Happy Ted has designed all twelve stages as well as four Wild Bunch stages.

Wild Bunch will be at 10am Friday, with side matches running from 12-5. Cowboy Clays can be shot all day Friday, and Saturday after the main match stages until 3pm. Cowboy Clays will have Cowboy gun and Open gun classes.

Lots of room for dry camping with a lot of good cowboy folks.

Come join us for a great time!

GW Ryder

Looks like we'll be there too Griz, on our way the Cheyenne frontier days too.

Looks like we'll be there too Griz, on our way the Cheyenne frontier days too.

Jackaroo, always great to see you and the lovely Kathouse Kelli.

Jackaroo, always great to see you and the lovely Kathouse Kelli.

Thanks Grizz.

About two months away, and I'm already excited!

I'm tempted to try some of the cowboy shotgun stuff this time, but I can't hit a flyer for anything, but it would be fun to try! Truth be told some days I have trouble with the normal shotgun targets! :D

OK Griz

hoping I can hobble on over for this weekend match

the knee just keeps getting worse

need a weather update as we get closer

Maybe even get over for the shootout in july if all works out

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

PS

remember that anti-rain dance you did for last match?

well lets just say it needs a little work

maybe we could get Calico Mary to do something

sure would like to see ya all

sorry, I wunt be there this Saturday, I'z gonna be on yer side of tha mountains!! but keepin' my fingers crossed that yu kin make Shootout.....

OK Griz

hoping I can hobble on over for this weekend match

the knee just keeps getting worse

need a weather update as we get closer

Maybe even get over for the shootout in july if all works out

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

PS

remember that anti-rain dance you did for last match?

well lets just say it needs a little work

maybe we could get Calico Mary to do something

sure would like to see ya all

Gateway, I hope to see you Saturday, but more importantly I hope your knee gets better.

As to trying to control the weather, I've come to realize that is impossible, kinda like trying to understand wimmins some times... :D

Grizz

Gateway, I hope to see you Saturday, but more importantly I hope your knee gets better.

As to trying to control the weather, I've come to realize that is impossible, kinda like trying to understand wimmins some times... :D

Grizz

Heck I understand wimmens perfectly!!!

I just stand up and say "Honey I am sorry" or "How could I have been so wrong!?!"

and mine usually lets me live :)

Hope to see ya Saturday

Regards

Gateway

PS

I thought mr. A. Gore had proved that mankind had been changing the weather for quite some time.

Are you saying he may have been wrong?

who knew?

• 4 weeks later...

I had to check to see if I'd sent mine in or not, turns out I did it back in March!

I'm hoping some of my new pards from Kansas will make the trip up for the match, it'll be a blast!

Griz,

I printed up a hundred or so flyers to take to state last week. After I had handed out a few, noticed they were the 2014 applications.

Sucks getting old...

GW

hahahahaha, bummer. I thought about printing some out to take to Prince of the Pistoleers this past weekend, but time got away from me and I forgot. Did talk to some folks who hopefully will be able to make it up for the match though.

Alright Ruthless and I will be attending!! Just filled out the form, I hope the campground will be cleared of snakes before we get there this time!!!!

Union Jack - I think I heard someone say that you were in charge of that again... :D

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!

Archived