SASS Wire Forum

Nother Stroke issue

Filthy Harry here, managed to have a stroke a couple weeks ago. First time. Found out I'm 95 to 100% blocked on my right Carrotid. Artery. They put me on blood thinners, but found out I have a blood disease that kills my red platelets. Now I'm off blood thinners and hoping I don't stroke out.

I need 75,000 red platelets for them to operate, but I'm holding at 33,000. Brain test tomorrow, if I'm 100%, I'm OK, cause no stroke risk if there's no blood flow. I'm getting plenty through my left side. If I'm 95%, They want to operate Friday, but don't know how to get platelets up. I had my spleen out 12 years ago to fix this problem. Enough whining from me, I'd just appreciate some prayer so I can get back to shooting. Just retired last year so I could concentrate on matches.

Harry,

I kinda feel your situation.

I just retired last month at age 64. But during the past 6 years or so, I've had a couple TIA's which are basically a mini stroke.

BUT, during the process of testing, I've had 5 stents put in my heart and BOTH Carrotid Arteries have been stented.

Prayers can be a comforting thing. But greater comfort than that is know the Good Lord holds every heart beat in the palm of his hands.

And another comfort is that todays medical knowledge is outstanding.

I pray your situation improves and that any medical procedures are successful.

..........Widder

Filthy, get well soon. I need someone at the Gulch that I have a chance of out-shooting. My blood type is B+, if that will help. I'm hoping you feel good enough to make the early-bird registration date of May 15th for Reckoning on the Rock.

Snidely Whiplash

O K, I think I dodged the bullet. Thanks for all the prayers. I was looking at several more days of testing and Carottid surgery. after today, I don't need more surgery, just meds and checkups. My platelets clump together, so 33,00 was actually 165,000. Did find out Im allergic to the Xray dye. Again, thanks everyone.

Prayers outgoing from Middle Tennessee.

That's great news, Harry!

Prayers continue for a rapid and complete recovery.

Archived