SASS Wire Forum

Prince of Pistoleers - trash talk starts in post 50!

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I gots extra unnerwears.

And I guess I'll even warsh my one pair of pants just so CPK don't git his suspenders in a twist...

At least I gots more than just one shirt now thanks to Sweet Lil up at Pawnee Station.

Suspenders need to pack at least 3 pairs of those.

I only have one pair of those as well, but extra bachelor buttons and straps.

Gonna bring just one pair of spurs too.

Grizzly Dave, you said the trash talk starts at post 50. Well my new super shortstroked rifle from Cowboys and Indian showed up today. I took it to practice tonight. After about 130 rounds and a couple of adjustments to the hammer spring it started running, and ran flawlessly for the next 170 rounds. If it runs as well at the match I am shooting on Sunday, I think I am going to use it at POP. I promise the Powder Creek Cowboys are going to be genial hosts and we will go out of our way to make all of our guests happy, right up to the moment the shootin starts. ;)

Bart - glad yer happy with the new rifle and hope it runs well for you, yes, even in the match. But that don't mean I won't be cheering and jeerin and poking fun at cha for it if'n I"m on yer posse! :D

I'm just out to beat the one pair of pants off my main competitor..... myself! If I can keep me from beating me, I'll have done well. :D

Like you I am my main competitor. Sadly I usually beat myself. This is shaping up to be a terrific POP with shooters coming from all over the place. I am exited to meet all of them.

Bart: Glad your new rifle is working well for you. But you better check it out real good, so it doesn't go south on you, and I come flying buy you. Its my turn to beat you. See you Thur. Bulldog Brown

Bulldog, well see. Hope you have been practicing. :D

Actually, I am looking forward to seeing you. It has been a while.

I'm Classic Cowboy!!

If CPK brings any of his Cat Killer Salsa you are in for a treat.

It will be a pleasure to shoot against you Mr. Chili Pepper

Like wise. Classic Cowboy = FUN!!

If CPK brings any of his Cat Killer Salsa you are in for a treat.

Have Salsa will travel!!

Half-fast has responded:

After giving the two hat rule more thought I have decided that if the hats are properly packed we can take three hats.I would hate to be the cause of you not winning the costume contest because of the wrong hat or otherwise cause any undue hardship caused by a two hat rule.

Half-fast has responded:

After giving the two hat rule more thought I have decided that if the hats are properly packed we can take three hats.I would hate to be the cause of you not winning the costume contest because of the wrong hat or otherwise cause any undue hardship caused by a two hat rule.

CPK..quote from you earlier in this thread..."Calico yore saying 4 outfits for 3 days of shootin and a banquet? I'm not sure how ya cud limit that ta 4 outfits. Don't seem mathematically possible.

3 days of shooting + weather possibilities and banquets + wims of fashion...add that up and I say no less than 7 outfits and at least 5 hats."

You say "At least 5 hats." And he first said 2 due to space. Now he counters with 3. Sounds like a Half-fast compromise to me! :P

Regardless of how many hats ya end up bringin, It'll be good ta see ya again pard! Next weekend won't git here soon enuff fer me!

CPK..quote from you earlier in this thread..."Calico yore saying 4 outfits for 3 days of shootin and a banquet? I'm not sure how ya cud limit that ta 4 outfits. Don't seem mathematically possible.

3 days of shooting + weather possibilities and banquets + wims of fashion...add that up and I say no less than 7 outfits and at least 5 hats."

You say "At least 5 hats." And he first said 2 due to space. Now he counters with 3. Sounds like a Half-fast compromise to me! :P

Regardless of how many hats ya end up bringin, It'll be good ta see ya again pard! Next weekend won't git here soon enuff fer me!

Can't get here fast enough for me either, the dang yard work I'm trying to get done before I leave is trying to kill me!

Me and Asa Smith that i know of for sure.

That's 4!!!

Half-fast compromise....hehehe.

Half -fast is a pard ta ride the river with fer sure. We're gonna let loose and let'er howl at POP.

We should get all the classic cowboy shooters together for a photo! Any of you fellas up for that? I think major photography is going to be there... Would be a good photo. Let me know pards!

Great idea!!! I'm in!

Got all my gear packed. Except for final checks, ready to head south bright and early Thursday

Pack? I ain't even hardly even thought about it, much less do anything about it. Still working on the dang yardwork, if I survive that it's all down hill from there.

Let me know when you all get together, I always have my little still camera along, plus can take some video of you all clowning, er, classic cowboy'ing around. Maybe go down the line and introduce yerselves or something.

Archived